ITT: we post the best WW3 bunker food

picrel is my go to for the following reasons
>- high in omega 3’s which is great for cognitive functions and heart health
>-stored in olive oil which can be used for frying other food items
>-tin can is repurposeful(store small bits of salvaged parts from the nuclear wasteland)
>-16 grams of protein
>-5-6 year shelf life
>-usually abundant in stores because not many people eat it
>-actually tastes great

Attached: EFFE2BB2-357F-4755-9ED6-FD53C1CE46F3.jpg (828x807, 329.21K)

unironically whey protein.
There's whey with added vitamins + extra aminos that lasts for 3 years. If you remove from tub and put on a mycellar bag with oxygen absorber it'll last for 10+ years

How do you eat them?
Do you just pop the tin and go to town or do they need to be cooked?

Attached: 95557415-C1AA-4D42-A7FB-910A2493A39B.jpg (1464x1204, 319.63K)

I actually drive a truck and am planning on staying out on the road for an extended period of time to make some extra money. Most junk food comes in bulky ass containers and I would really like to get into something like this if it’s a solid meal that doesn’t take up much space.

You can it eat straight from the can, but personally I usually combine it with pasta and some light (you can barely call it) sauce consisting of stirring the finished pasta together with tomato puree, gently fried chopped garlic and chili, chopped fresh spinach and various herbs.

Maybe it's a Swedish thing but I prefer mackerels stored in tomato sauce instead of olive oil in the cans.

>he fell for the (((omega 3))) scam!
laughingwhores.jpg

They're already cooked. I eat a can here and there, makes for a wholesome snack. Put some on club-type crackers (don't buy the Kellog's Club brand) with a dab of Tapatio and they're great.
They're usually packaged in water, some type of oil (basedbean, sunflower, olive), spicy mustard, or hot sauce. I stick to water or olive oil.
Can't remember the brand offhand, but I picked up 24 at a buck a piece at Ollie's that have three huge sardines in each tin.

Attached: 1643703873702.jpg (1494x1120, 247.96K)

Yea I’ve seen them stored with tomato/basil and even some in hot sauce. I want to grab some every time I’m in a grocery store but I always end up deciding against it because I would hate to try it, not like it, and be stuck with a bunch of cans that I’ll never eat.

I don't believe you reuse the oil to cook. It's all watered down, I eat sardine regularly. Op is a faggot

Godaste kattmat som finns

>-stored in olive oil which can be used for frying other food items
Moron, oil that was used to store fish will make everything taste like fish if you use to to fry stuff.

/deenz/ general

I only eat the most expensive of meals

Attached: campbell-soup-080918 jpg (WEBP Image, 2000 × 1333 pixels) — Scaled (71%).png (1432x955, 2.73M)

Those sound really good.
Will I become a fat if I base my diet around these?

Attached: C13AF16F-42C5-46C8-A038-A17E0FAB74F3.jpg (1587x1536, 435.87K)

why not tuna?

The King Oscar Mackeral is the dog's balls. Olive oil and Lemon is the way. The oil is best consumed as a compact source of lipids and calories. When buying any sort of tinned fish for survivalist preps, you definitely want those lipids and calories. Plus, the stuff canned in water tastes like ass. My only issue with the KO brand packaging is the glued foil top. These can easily get punctured if handled roughly in your GOOD bag, other than that, they're fine.

3-5 year shelf life is debatable. Self life is pretty much solid for decades as long as the packaging integrity isn't compromised and the product hasn't been subjected to extended periods of high temperatures or wild temperature swings.

Attached: e5efe523-5104-41e1-a8aa-9dc49f720458_1.3f9a64168eeecbcd73ff9e03eb53587e.jpg (768x768, 97.72K)

Attached: Finger Lime Olive Oil.jpg (816x673, 127.12K)

If you’re in Ottawa, I imagine (You) won’t be eating much of anything here pretty soon.

Attached: 566E9858-777F-425C-BA79-C44783E9F2AC.jpg (1440x1433, 207.83K)

Nah go for it! If you're not used to them they might seem weird and disgusting, and they definitely aren't enjoyable alone unlike idk a good steak, but on bread and pasta they're pretty good! I only eat them when I get a craving for fish though, I doubt I'd enjoy mackarel every day.

Soup, while it tastes good, is by itself a poor choice to rely on as a main source for survivalist food. It simply does not pack the calories.

Attached: banff ice.jpg (960x1280, 109.57K)

>If you remove from tub and put on a mycellar bag with oxygen absorber it'll last for 10+ years
thanks for the tip

Attached: 1643554064900.jpg (800x800, 81.77K)

I eat these straight out of the tin all the time for a quick protein snack. 10/10. Aside from the oil being hard to wash out of the tin, they need to go straight outside to the recycle bin otherwise they stink up the kitchen

Attached: Desert Limes.jpg (238x211, 5.86K)

fish in olive oil taste okay out of the can. But fish in water taste disgusting out of the can.

Prefer Brine myself.

Attached: Finger Lime Whole - Frozen.jpg (1080x1080, 83.5K)

Freeze dried food from places like mountainhouse is great. i've tried a decade old one that tasted completely fresh. it's a little expensive and you need water to cook it but it stores for a long ass time.