Thank goodness they are implementing this change!

>Meta is debuting new security features for its virtual world, which will allow for more protective space between virtual metaverse avatars.

According to a company blog post Friday (Feb. 4), the Personal Boundary feature in Meta’s virtual reality (VR) platforms Horizon Worlds and Horizon Venues puts a four-foot distance between one’s avatar and others.

The Personal Boundary feature will make it so if someone tries to enter the boundary, the virtual world will halt their forward movement.

The user whose space was intruded upon won’t feel it, the blog says, and Meta says it builds on their existing hand harassment measures — where a user’s virtual hands would “disappear” if they got too close to someone.

“We are intentionally rolling out Personal Boundary as always on, by default, because we think this will help to set behavioral norms — and that’s important for a relatively new medium like VR,” the blog says.

The company added that they may explore new controls and user interface (UI) changes in the future, which could include allowing users to customize the side of their Personal Boundary.

Meta says virtual reality “can and should be for everyone,” and the Personal Boundary feature is a way to help people “interact comfortably.”

The U.K.’s Competition and Markets Authority also recently fined Meta 1.5 million pounds ($2 million) for not informing the regulator about key staff leaving the company, which was a violation of its enforcement order.

Attached: virtualrape.png (1117x1124, 661.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2022/02/04/meta-adds-personal-boundary-to-metaverse-after-virtual-gang-rape/
youtube.com/watch?v=0_PwqeYIMTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What about Pajeets in the Metaverse?

VR fags are bigger losers than school shooters

Who the fuck uses this crap anyway

Attached: 1591176492040.jpg (474x361, 24.96K)

Haha, the metaverse is already more totalitarian than real life.

no one is gonna do this gay ass metaverse shit

cope

Attached: 1636625047088.webm (720x480, 2.91M)

>soon you can sit alone in your vr safe space and watch ads all day long
wow, this will be big

Well, I’m actually gonna virtually grope wymen, call fags fag, and everyone a nigger but be. It’s going to be fun for some time.

Nobody. Absolutely nobody, this is the biggest nothing in business history.

nypost.com/2022/02/04/meta-adds-personal-boundary-to-metaverse-after-virtual-gang-rape/
It's a response to pajeets.

This is fake news, they already had the feature before the fake rape.

Omg what country did this happen?
Is she ok?

this is the only way to get Finns to use Meta

can i set mine to like 250m thanks

So what you saying is, me and the boys can walk in lock step with each other and seal off anywhere in the metaverse with our four foot impenetrable force fields?

slide immediately and vigorously

Metapool’s closed due to metaaids

So we can close the pool??

youtube.com/watch?v=0_PwqeYIMTw

>only 4 feet
SO THEY CAN STILL GIVE YOU COVID? MAKE IT 6 FT JEW DADDY COCK ZUCKER!! 900000 DEAD!!