Should we abolish writing?

Should we abolish writing?

Attached: a thinking ape.jpg (530x629, 69.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

science-frontiers.com/sf019/sf019p02.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he doesn't know

YOUR DESTIONATION: TEXT ONLY

practice what you preach :)

Attached: 04EDEFA7-0220-4BD7-9322-8C3F33FB4BB5.jpg (2592x1944, 1.16M)

>no ketchup

ever heard of lansoprazole, cunt?

How are you gonna wash that off without scraping your balls now?

So it seems, so it seems.

saliva

Clint Eastwood has monkey hands.

Writing ruined our memory. We would be capable of reciting the entirety of all human knowledge by heart, verbatim, if we didn't have the written word as a crutch.

That's why all the great civilizations were before the invention of writing.

Attached: 1608722685925.jpg (236x236, 8.91K)

Maybe monkeys have Clint Eastwood hands? Did you think of that?

Attached: file.png (500x364, 211.74K)

science-frontiers.com/sf019/sf019p02.htm

>abolish
>abo
>niggers are aborigines
/thread

Nice, but that's uncomparable to, say, Egypt.
No great civilizations there.

Should have quoted this:
>A passing thought: may not writing as well as today's omnipresent computers be crutches that permit our memories and mental skills to deteriorate? In our Handbook The Unfathomed Mind, we present many cases of remarkable memory and information-processing ability. Such skills could be common today but suppressed by technology. In ancient humans, they may have been well-used and common.

I've always been impressed by Buddhist monks who can recite all 16,000 pages of the Pali canon from memory and can even recite a randomly chosen passage from anywhere in the canon without hesitation. Memory palaces and the art of memory have also been a fascination of mine for some time. I really think writing was only the beginning of a very very long line of technologies designed to cripple our mental abilities. For what reasons, we can only shitpost about for eternity.

I'm not disagreeing with you all the way, but those monks dedicate their lives to memorizing those books.
When I was a kid in the 80's, we had dial phones and I knew all the numbers by heart, still remember some, but now I don't even know my own number bcs I have it in "contacts".
My point, however, is that without writing you can't have a great civilization, bcs at some point there's just too much information that's often changing.
It's how you use it.

Yes

what?

No. We'll need to store the coolest information somehow

There are still people nowadays that can remember shit like that but only autists hold onto that skill. Eventually remembering everything by heart will be done again