Any Forums approved

I have a meme degree thats too broad and i need some balence and direction in life so im going to pick up a trade, which one is most based? My debt is minimal and i could pay it back right now if i wanted to but fuck bidens gonna cancel them

Attached: trades.png (1255x465, 42.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your list is very bad. For instance, plumbers and electricians don't generally make all that much compared to, say, welders or linemen, and their work is much harder on the body (toxic fumes and dangerous installations).

Unironic addition: Insurance licensed jobs.

You will sit at a desk 99% of the time but it's amazing money and you're important. There are finite licensed insurance producers.

>locksmith
>doesn't even exist
lul

This is about as bad as being a bank kike or a politicuck. Incidentally, it would depend: what are your criteria anyway?

Except it's not.

Your insurance license can be replicated and therefore, you can be licensed in all fifty states, potentially doing business in every single market in the entire country; you can get EASILY certified with multiple carriers, with no real limit, meaning you can, if you have the time and will, gain certifications with every major insurance company out there regardless of the type of insurance, and sell it.

Fuck selling, as well. Your license, if you have some additional management experience in some professional setting, lets you work in quality management for an insurance carrier or brokerage, which is easy money for an easy job that, again, people will be very hesitant to replace you with.

When you have an insurance license and work for a brokerage/are appointed by them, it even costs money to get rid of you, so they ARE GENUINELY HESITANT to ever get rid of you. If you want a job with a lot of opportunities but an easy mode and a hard mode, it's insurance.

What I mean is that it's pure evil by design. You exist to be a parasite whose purpose is to scam people out of their hard-earned money, partly using the law to browbeat them into effectively paying you.

even in a list that includes lawyers dentists and contractor, the main thing is sales. attracting and maintaining clients is like half the workload, so you're running a business essentially like any other business.

same with locksmith. you could make 12 bucks responding to calls in detroit or you could make 250k answering phones in podunk iowa.
>its up to you champ
and if youre selling yourself you might as well be a full blown prostitute. tiktok, youtube, onlyfans, it's all sales. all sales.
have you considered selling cars user?

Attached: 1641339907760.jpg (474x331, 28.61K)

he means morally, not financially. lots and lots of people make a living in insurance. because lots and lots of people are scared cowards that can't add.

False.

Insurance is a necessary evil in our world; if you try to get ultimate meaning out of your job, you're going to fail in every respect of life. Work is work. It sucks. Every job has predatory or bad parts about it: That's human nature.

You CAN, however, do a lot of good. Most seniors I speak to that I sell medicare to, are genuinely assisted by whatever plan they take; the public perception of insurance is wrong, and no, it's not "being a parasite". Go through the training and the requirements and you'll quickly figure it out. It's a requirement that you work in the public interest when you're selling health insurance, as well, and if you're found not to be, you could suffer from felonies and disenrollment from Medicare when you hit 65. The penalties for being a piece of shit are fucking massive.

As for the law browbeating people into buying insurance, I have no control over the law, nor any ability to override it. I disagree with the government forcing people to get insurance, but does that mean I'm going to stop my job of selling insurance? No. Because I work in the public interest, only suggest changes when it'll be beneficial, and actively work to safeguard my license which means practicing compliance. Besides, if I quit, if all agents quit -- Whatever system left that people would use to get insurance would be vastly inferior.

Fuck your "insurance is a moral evil". Insurance safeguards lives, houses, cars, properties -- it's necessary, in our world, and pretending it isn't out of some hatred for a caricature of insurance companies and agents that you've designed is retarded. Yes, some act poorly, even often, but there are legitimate protections that work and the principles of insurance are good ones.

my grandma was convinced to take out life insurance policies on each of her grandkids. why she thought any of them would die before her (and that she should be compensated) is beyond me.
she paid thousands into each. they were worth about 180 bucks when she died.

I've paid for my car at least once over just in your fees.

you might as well be flipping obama phones from behind the liquor store.

Attached: kahrlsrue.jpg (738x1176, 176.63K)

Why are old-world trades never listed on these?
Smiths, cobblers, tailors, watchmakers, leatherworkers, trappers, et cetera.

Very much-so trades, much older than most everything on the list, and due to the now very low number of skilled people in the professions, they tend to earn very highly as they usually cater to high end clients.

That's a predatory agent; I guarantee if you complained to the state insurance department they would've pulled the call recording (if it was conducted over telephone) or demanded the notes and materials retained by the agent (which by law must be retained on average for at least five years) for a full review.

Sounds like you and your grandma were too retarded to just call the fucking authorities.

the ONLY way your business model works is if you bring in more money than you send out.
this means charging customers for the *convenience* of not saving for their own expenses.
>The penalties for being a piece of shit are fucking massive.
because you are a peon. the set-up itself is shit

Oof the cope!

decades old by now. filed with pencil and paper.
even collecting that 180 dollars wasnt even worth it. multiple calls to disinterested illiterates that refused to release it.

the entire system is corrupt. get yours i guess, but fuck you.

>they tend to earn very highly as they usually cater to high end clients.
Can you give more details on this? Every time there's a claim trade so or so is well-paid, it turns out there is a list of conditionals a mile long, and in the end it's only true if you work yourself to death within 2 years of hitting journeyman.

>i work for the public good
>it's necessary, in our world

Attached: c613b886b98a00061a032cbc60d8d1f06099710790fe0f42b6c31041f6576de0_1.jpg (1080x1181, 149.82K)

'help my house burned down and i cant afford a new one and now my family is hungry'

Highly sad.

Insurance is a smart thing to have. You're not being forced to get most forms of insurance (auto and health being the main exceptions). Being bitter at insurance companies because you have to pay, while a convincing argument against the system of insurance that keeps secure billions in property, cars, lives, etc., for people of all economic and social backgrounds, is still retarded. You're just morally grandstanding against a legitimately useful tool for the sake of... Being luddites? Cool.

Guess what? Those laws have existed for 50+ years. You. Should've. Called. The. State. Insurance. Department. It's not my fault, nor the fault of insurance as a whole, that you AND your grandmother didn't question life-insurance policies attained by an elderly woman on YOUNG PEOPLE who are likely 50-60 years their juniors. And if the system was a scam -- None of what I replied to you with would have applied. The entire system is designed to punish bad-actors, on the client side and the agent side.

You were wronged. Highly sorry to hear it. Even the wronged have responsibility in these situations.

Amazing, right? Really takes someone special in the head to come up with something like that.

Die, cancerous parasite.

are you servicing millionaires in their homes or riff raff at a mall kiosk?

Probably meant for

Dude. All we do in our meetings is complain about pharma companies. I had a 4 hour long meeting yesterday where we repeatedly started making fun of that Martin Shrekili kid. I AGREE WITH YOU.

EVEN WITH LOWERED DRUG PRICES, INSURANCE IS STILL USEFUL AND NECESSARY.

get madder
6 figure salary and i'm touching lives positively at a young age with a tight job. suck shit

Sure. Here's an example of a woodworker's independent shop. One man operation (Not counting his wife doing recording and editing.) He uses youtube as a glorified advertising platform.
A small snippet, but there's a few dozen 5 figure tables. Less the cost of materials and labor, he's most certainly bringing in 6 figures.

Another example would be something like Nick's Boots. Smaller shop (compared to mega-corps like Nike) that hand make boots. Again, using the internet as an advertising tool. But they are, at the end of the day, cobblers. They make boots. Last I checked they had a handful of employees and 8 figure revenue.

There is a lot of money to be made in these old-world professions, provided you are willing to advertise your work. So, no different to any other self-employment. And obviously there are people like watchmakers who can (in theory) create a watch worth millions.

Attached: Capture.png (1869x729, 1.78M)

You are the devil. You ruin lives. You leech on people's lifeblood. You do nothing but parasitize. And yet you are so insanely deluded, you actually believe you're touching lives positively. Lol. Lmao.

>tool and dye
ESL shut up and stop posting please

>(auto and health being the main exceptions).
just listen to yourself asshole.

putting aside 1% of the purchase price every year to get a new one is not a profound and miraculous development

thank you for the privilege of allowing you to save my money for me.

Welders make fuck all, what are you talking about

People are paying thousands in medical fees before they speak to me.

They speak to me, they wait a month for their effective date, I call them back six months later -- Bills gone. Medications cut in half. Life? Improved. Hot meals delivered to their doors, sometimes, if I can manage it.

Your opinion is your own. The thanks of the people I help will follow me forever.

>Less the cost of materials and labor, he's most certainly bringing in 6 figures.
How do YOU know?
>8 figure revenue.
How do YOU know?
>There is a lot of money to be made in these old-world professions
You only named 2 and didn't give any actual hard data. Nor did you give any statistics that could differentiate between outliers and averages or conditionals: maybe these figures only work if you manage to become widely popular among the right crowd, which is a 1/1000 event not fully related to skill.

Underwater welders make a lot. Non-underwater welders make fuckall.
The same is basically true for most of the trades in the first 2 tiers.

I just quit being an electrician to be a solar salesman. No regerts.

Attached: 1643954702462.webm (324x400, 1.33M)

Salesbois.

Keep seething and coping. You are worse than all the trannies in the world combined: at least they commit suicide eventually.

>I AGREE WITH YOU.
you are a cog in a very nasty machine. that's what the original criticism was.
the only reason prices are absurd in the first place is the obfuscation made possible by government and insurance collusion. tuition is the same but with administerial bloat.

do we need this many administrators? you insist we do?

Underwater welders make up less than 1% of all welders. Shit like Instrumentation 99% of them make good money

I thought welders made bank working on pipelines?

a mobster collecting protection money in a polo.
>I'm with State Farm.
>it'd be a real shame if something bad were to happen to your farm
>give me 2k a year and when the hurricane comes ill cut you a check for 1.5
(IF IT WERE 2.0 YOU'D GO OUT OF BUSINESS)

>the Khan I work for firebombs thousands of villages. my customers are grateful to pay me tax.

No. We don't need administrators -- We need controls on drug prices, federally. That'd be a smart. As a whole, we need to find ways to force healthcare suppliers to reduce their fraudulent billing practices and lower their maximum prices; everything else literally follows from there. We DO need competent and smart, compassionate insurance agents who can listen to someone and find them a policy that, through the cons that every policy will have, will be a net benefit on the person. Even with lowered prices, the experience and expertise of an agent is still necessary; cost is just one aspect of insurance.

I don't think insurance itself is a nasty machine; finance is. If you restructured finance, insurance would be drastically different. I think that people like me get the short end of the stick because we're often the ones either delivering bad news, or we're the 'face' on the product you have despite having less control over it than you in most cases.

tell me you got an insurance policy you regret without telling me you got an insurance policy you regret

someone once threw a brick at me. DESTROY ALL BRICKS! BRICKS ARE BAD! ALL BRICK BUILDINGS MUST FALL! BRICKWORKERS ARE WORKING IN AN INDUSTRY OF EVIL!

In most trades, there are all kinds of niches like these that make money. It's not just that one niche, but you get the gist. It's the same idea as chemical trucking, for example. Whereas most truckers actually, once again, don't make much.
I am not an encyclopedia on which niche is what, but from what I've seen, niches like these usually come with commensurate risk. may know better.

>not fully related to skill.
that's the rub. we're in post-truth society homie. gotta keep up or you'll get steamrolled then nickle and dimed by those that did.

autistic meritocracy can only return when the system is complete. youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po

Because I know what the cost of these materials are, and an estimate of what the overhead of a full service woodworking shop is. Labor is, obviously not an expense but a time investment if you're a one man operation.
He's making 5-6k profit on all of these projects and sells 20-30 of them per year.

Of course, these are niche examples, but they are these days niche professions. You don't meet a whole lot of blacksmiths, for instance. But the odds are if you are a blacksmith, you're a self employed blacksmith, making you one of the "niche" examples.

My point is, there is a whole lot of talk about trades on Any Forums, but nobody ever mentions the trades that have been around a long time before indoor plumbing or welders were invented, and still exist today. There is money to be made in these trades, not to mention tradition in them.

Nigger

Attached: 438d7c82b8bca032d37ecc315238e683.jpg (671x950, 99.89K)

>We need controls on drug prices, federally.
that would provide you maximum job security. the truth is the complete opposite

too late now