Intel to construct World's Largest Chip Plant in Ohio

>tens of thousands of Californian tech workers relocating
Will this flip Ohio blue for good?

theverge.com/2022/1/21/22894612/intel-ohio-chip-plant-20-billion-processor-shortage

Attached: Intel_fabrication_plants_1.0.jpg (1200x800, 221.95K)

>move to ohio
>vote for afghani and somali immigrants to come
>poor farmers have to suffer for it

Attached: 1641755746564.gif (500x280, 1008.65K)

Great. More hindoos in Ohio.

Why not, its already a polluted hellscape.

Attached: fox.jpg (900x607, 656.02K)

Ohio is resilient enough for the Climate Crisis

They'll be begging to leave ohio as fast they came, they'll be bored to death of looking at corn and fast food joints and ghetto niggers.

your own personal tel aviv!

I can't find the article, but the number of Cali transplants are not going to be that high. The state is extremely red now, anyways. Those ashore would never want to live in the Midwest. Columbus isn't that big of a town either.
I'm pretty happy with it because it'll mean a ton of good paying jobs and chips being made in the country.

They're gunna try and fight China, sweet. This is to respond to the taiwan problem. This is a die manufacturing facility, for making processors, not chips. If you want chips, you go to a fucking Doritos factory.

Fairly wise move I mean, you could not in good faith expect the Chinese to manufacture our processors and resist the temptation to develop code/hardware for nefarious purposes. Not that I would expect Intel to have any competency in removing foxes from hen houses, or preventing them from getting there in the first place, but it's atleast a good start.

Makes me wonder about that downed f35 (is that it?) the Chinese apparently scooped up and are currently reverse engineering is a psyop coverup for the fact that actually all thier loot was pilfered before they even knew about Solar Winds, hell you might even be able to buy some of it on the internet somewhere.

You have to be a special type of person to deal with Columbus snow. You are fucked without 4 wheel. Also this place doesn't have enough Instagram worthy restaurants and sights so there's no way Cali fags are coming

>Will this flip Ohio blue for good?
The better question is who these chips are intended for.

Columbus is one of the best cities in the best country (America). Silicon Heartland

Intel manufactures their chips in the US already, this isn't about fighting China (who are failing hard with their pathetic attempt to move into chip fabrication) or Taiwan, this is about Intel trying to keep up with the growing demand for chips.

lol jfw work on your bot

>"I hate Ohio because it is Republican, agricultural, and resistant to Globohomo!"
t. you

Attached: angery.png (696x602, 327.39K)

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company controls 51% of the global "chip" market. Not spesifically dies but evidently well enough.

If China takes Taiwan, China will control 51% of semiconductor production. Haven't you played the Anno's on hard mode? They would starve the west of tech just by existing. This move is essentially mandatory by Intel.

Not if the plant constantly gets sabotaged and the California transplants beaten.

lol holy shit

Thats good and hopefully wont turn Ohio to blue.

Sounds like Taiwan will be out of business either way.

The machinery that builds those chips are built and designed in nordic countries and the chips are designed in the US primarily, you're imagining a greater loss than what would really happen, there are already fabs going up in the west, and the US will evacuate key staff from TSMC to the US in the event of a war.
And that's a best case scenario for China, not only is Taiwan a hard country to take entirely on the back of it's geography without even US intervention but US intervention will easily secure a victory for Taiwan and this would result in China's destruction, if China invades Taiwan win or lose they are being sanctioned and losing out on most of their customers, no more South Korea, no more Japan, no more SEA, no more US and no more Europe, these chips will be worthless, and China won't have the technology or the expertise to design higher density semiconductors.
Intel, ARM, Qualcomm, Apple, Nvidia, AMD what do all of these companies have in common?

I wouldn't bank on it, those bugs can be pretty resourceful, they fill figure out something useful to do with Taiwan, if it isn't controlling semiconductors.

Stay mad chuds. Reality is leftist. Treat your new californian neighbors with some respect and they might just throw a few scraps at your feet.

>MORE FUCKING CONCRETE AND MORE FUCKING POLLUTION

But who fucking cars when money imirite

Ohio might have the most RINO state government in the country, only Arizona has an argument that they produce more tepid spineless cuckservative than them. Them turning blue would barely change anything.
t. Lived there 1995-2019

This the one they're gonna dry the great lakes with?

I live in dead Michigan and look at Ohio with empathy..SuperLand CALEFORNEIA..I just dont see them even coming. Why can't hicks make chips?

Who knows, but this will probably end up just like the Wisconsin Foxconn boondoggle

Columbus doesn't have the labor pool or infrastructure to support this. They should've gone to Texas

>should've gone to Texas
not enough water. That's asking for water shortages after the climate-related droughts take effect

have they done a climate impact study?

Yeah fair enough, the eggs aren't all in one basket, and I see the relevance to your point of the economic consequences of moving on TS like that but in the same toke, moving key personell out of Taiwan would also incentivise a power vaccum response from the Chinese, they would rush to fill the gap, and something tells me that this is a scenario im sure they are already aware of. They probably wouldn't give two fucks about what happens to TSMC staff so long as the place isn't bombed to shit.

At this point getting transistor density any higher is a bit of a rocketship problem, it's going to take fucktons of energy and time to develop and then manufacture them in a profitable enough manner to warrant the endavour in the first place.

>Intel, ARM, Qualcomm, Apple, Nvidia, AMD what do all of these companies have in common

They're all publicly traded?

What Nordic country is building semiconductor manufacturing machinery? There are none. They mostly come from Japan and the US. The only European player is ASML

>china failing hard
because we put sanctions on them.
it's hilarious, actually. Our sanctions have cost them many billions.