Prague powder

So anons, here is a substance that you all know very well, even if you have never heard of it. This is called prague powder, or pink curing salt, otherwise known as Sodium nitrite. If you enjoy sausage, bacon, other cured meats you have enjoyed the effects of sodium nitrite. It allows us to do an extremely important thing: store meat for extended periods of time without the need for refrigeration. Basically this is a homesteaders wet dream.
nytimes.com/2022/02/04/technology/amazon-suicide-poison-preservative.html?searchResultPosition=1
Right now we have lawmakers trying to ban the sale of this seasoning. They claim that people are using it to commit suicide. The reality is they do not want people to be able to store their meat, they want you reliant on their food chain.
As a PSA, I will tell you this, there is an "uncured" variety of bacon (other meats too) that still have similar traits to meats cured with sodium nitrite. What do they use to preserve the meat instead? Celery powder. What is celery powder fucking full of? Sodium nitrite, if they end up banning americans from purchasing this delicious add in to your favorite cured meats and you need to cure something, grab some celery powder, or make it yourself.
Please start noticing the patterns if you havent already.

Attached: praguepowder.jpg (1280x1279, 99.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/x5zdD
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumping this thread because Thankyou user.

How does one commit suicide with this? Asking for a nigger

my friend is very into smoking, jerky making and other meat related fun.
he makes a bacon with NO nitrates. salt only, and sugar if you like too.

personally im a biltong man, for which we use various spices and then vinegar instead. and then air dry.

Bump
Fuck ZOG.

>Please start noticing the patterns if you havent already.

Russia sent lots of blood packets to the Ukraine border recently. Blood only lasts 45 days properly stored. Thanks for the tip user.

Attached: 1641959815077.gif (360x360, 3.39M)

You learn something new everyday

you can most likely kill yourself with anything if you take a large enough dose
what are they gonna do, ban detergent? gas? shampoo?

>ban detergent
i fucking miss the tide pod challenge

So just a salt overdose, seems simple. Soon they will ban solid food since it's a suicide by choking hazard.

They literally already neutered those three things into shit products that don't work as well. You remind me of another useful tip though, most heavy duty degreasers/cleaners have this shit in it so just skip the middle man and make your own concentration depending on the situation

Attached: 00440213[1].jpg (400x400, 29.34K)

Nice URL faggot.
archive.is/x5zdD

>The pleas to Amazon were explicit. A food preservative sold by the online retailer and other e-commerce sites was being used as a poison to die by suicide.
>“Please stop selling this product,” began one review, posted on Amazon in July 2019 by a person who wrote that a niece had used it to kill herself. “I’ve already notified Amazon and they said they would help with this but they have not.”

OP is probably an amazon shill.

Bump

In Austin, Texas there have been several pushes to outlaw outdoor smokers and BBQs in order to improve air quality. They've been defeated each time but I expect this to be pushed federally.

Nitrates are extremely unhealthy. Increased bowel and stomach cancer risk is linked strongly to consumption of cured meats. It makes logical sense because it's an antibiotic substance that kills microbial life and shouldn't be consumed.

you understand that properly cured products have little nitrites left in them right user? You at least did precursory research before you spouted shit right?
359841622(you faggot)
amazon shill? The fuck? This has little do with amazon other than the fact that they are a seller of the product. If a ban like this were to happen it would ripple to every supermarket that stocked this in their spice aisle.

Thanks for the link.
The real reason they want to ban this has nothing to do with suicide, and everything to do with what you end up with after you distill this product with sulfuric acid.
Then the resulting product can be added to many substances creating very hazardous compounds.

>Right now we have lawmakers trying to ban the sale of this seasoning
glad that i bought a bunch of this stuff once, after i saw chef john's video on homemade summer sausage

>They claim that people are using it to commit suicide.
I hate this anti suicide shit with passion, real or nopt.

Sounds retarded bro, special salts are largely a meme.
People have been using regular old salt for literal millennia to cure meats and store them for long periods of time.
If only this specific pink salt could get the job done then you wouldn't find traditional cured meats everywhere around the globe today.

>I hate this anti suicide shit with passion, real or nopt.
we purebloods have no choice though
they won't let us an hero

Attached: scr[1].png (1024x768, 387.69K)

I make ham bacon pastrami etc with my smoker and meat slicer. They better not ban this shit

Just bought 25lbs.
Thanks user.
This would cure 10k lbs of meats.

its not the only thing, but its the one thing that doesnt make cured meats look like literal dog shit. If you have ever eaten a cured meat that has a nice pink/reddish tinge to it, that comes from prague powder, the gradient you see comes from the process of osmosis that begins to pull the excess powder out of the meat and into the water(you do this to make the level of sodium nitrite safe and because if you dont its fucking as shit). Using this is one of the most fullproof methods of curing though, it gets rid of any chance of botulism which is the biggest risk you face. Other methods dont always do this as well.

GPT-3 bot detected.

salty, I meant to say salty there. Sodium nitrite is the saltiest shit in the world.

I wanted to kill myself by using sodiun nitrite, it is a real and good way to die

....go on

>Bumping this thread
Yeah, why not.

You want people to kill themselves?

You're retarded, you can buy this online.