Is reverse osmosis a meme?

Attached: ro-hi.jpg (700x700, 47.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

berkeyfilters.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it works well. Only catch is you're tethered to a company for purchasing filters so not too sustainable.

You need the minerals bro so yeah.

You can get the minerals elsewhere. My question does this filtration method filter out the drugs and hormones in tap watter

>teh water minerals
eat a cucumber faggot. it has more "muhnerals" and "muhcronutionts" then you get out of drinking tap water for a year.

sounds like the kind of shit sold on infowars

Yes
Just research the theory and you'll understand why

Yes it works very well. I use KDF/Carbon treated input water. For drinking purposes, you'll want to run that clean ass water over a bed of minerals/calcium to just harden it up a bit. You don't want to drink hardcore solvents which pure R/O water is.

no RO water is fantastic is an system is a good use of money. My town has fucking swamp water.

Not a meme, and essential for living, but not all systems are created equal. You need to buy some important separate inline modules, such as a fluoride filter, remineralization and possibly a water softener.

i distill with a $100 ebay chink toy, gets like 5 tds good enough, then remineralize with pink salt

It works too well. You have to remineralize it.

Good for my saltwater aquarium
I wouldn't drink it though, its a strong solvent and will fuck up your insides. I've used it as mouthwash though and its pretty good at that.

Attached: reef aquarium.jpg (4000x3000, 1.82M)

and yes I know its dirty, this was taken just before I spent 8 hours cleaning and changing the water in it

Forgot; not everyone has room under their sink, and many anons rent an apartment and can't fuck with the plumbing. In that case, this is the best brand for a standalone:

berkeyfilters.com/

You should lower those lights for more effective coral growth.

>I wouldn't drink it though, its a strong solvent and will fuck up your insides.
That's nonsense.

Based aquarist. I have a 7 stage RO for my saltwater tank

once it hits your stomach it is going to be fully ionized by all the shit in there

Yes, it can't filter c8 so it's to most people.

No one gets minerals from water. That is the only meme here. How many water soluable minerals over fat soluable does you body require? None. Water is the cleanser for your body and thereby should be as pure as possible. Food is where your body takes in minerals to store them in fat or discard them. Keep your bullshit to yourself if you dont actually know the truth.

Think this through. There are NO minerals, NO salts of any kind in RO water.
Your body is packed salts in every cell.
It's called osmosis. You know, the exact opposite of the procedure we're doing here to clean the water. If you don't put a salt back in even minutely it will pull out of your cells.
This is true but when I did this salt creep on the lights is a pain. I'd bet over time w/ no salt creep the intensity averaged out is similar.

Attached: 71NC4dFBzDL.jpg (1300x1300, 146.67K)

this picture is really saturated, its not that bad and the t5s are only on for 6 hours a day. I used to only have the LEDs and the corals were withering away under them even at 14 hour days
damn things growing like weeds now lmao

Looks like you've got some good hammer coral going.

>it can't filter c8 so it's to most people.
this is wrong

>fully ionized
snake oil

>its a strong solvent
lolwut

>You need the minerals bro so yeah.
do you not eat

this thread has more disinformation than a cnn special

Just don't use the plastic jug that comes with it.

>He thinks shit is produced in the stomach
mutt education

RO will get you really close to as pure water as you can get. Step further would be to use RO on the distilled tap water, but why would you do that. No idea how needed it is to be honest.

We are well adapted to drinking freshwater.

What brand of LEDs did you have? Chinkshit doesn't have the proper spectrum for coral growth most of the time. I used to run a 250 tank aquatics shop, with 30 coral tanks no problems at all with first gen LEDs.

When your fingers and toes start tingling just go ahead and drink some saltwater.

Why?

At your home: yes.

As a technical installation where some one planed it and is serviced regularly: no

- engineer for plumbing

Thank you anons

Attached: better view.jpg (4000x3000, 2.85M)

Its not a meme, it works well Ive had one in my last place, The water is as clean as it can get. The cartridges tho.. RO's are costly to maintain, you need to have 3 sometimes 4 different filters on hand to replace. The system I had installed ate filters up like mad until I put a 3 stage filter ahead of it at the well. The regular single stage sediment filter was not enough as a pre-filter.

>berkeyfilters.com/
AD HAS A white LADY HOLDING TWO NIGGER KIDS. PASS