Enlighten me

Enlighten me

Attached: netneutrality.jpg (1200x800, 66.85K)

Reddit and other idiots get memed into supporting tech companies over their own ISPs over events that only happened in their minds.

The whole thing is a shitshow of corporate faggotry and redditor faggotry and thankfully went nowhere

t. network engineer

It was a nothing burger. The reality of it was a fight between ISPs and Search Engines over who get to harvest and sell your data. It was repealed years ago and the argument that it was going to drive up internet service prices or reduce quality of service for people turned out to be bullshit.

Attached: Net Neutrality.png (1939x1051, 430.75K)

The government tried to take over the Internet via ancient telecom regulations. When people got wise they staged a massive globohomo offensive to paint the takeover as “net neutrality”.

Ajit Pai, the ducking ChadMan with the hilarious coffee cup, stopped it cold. Thanks to him we have an uncensored Internet. Had net neutrality passed I guarantee Any Forums would be off the Internet.

My favorite part was that their hysterical faggotry reached such a crescendo that they were getting dunked on by government apparatchiks. This of course only drove them into even greater self-righteous fury. Eventually humans managed to wait out the tantrum and, surprise, nothing happened.

Attached: ajitpai.jpg (1500x1000, 203.27K)

>Had net neutrality passed I guarantee Any Forums would be off the Internet.

It did pass. Obama passed it and it was law for a year or two then Ajit and Trump repealed it. It might have turned into a new censorship apparatus over time but it hadn't by the time it was repealed.

Whatever plertit faggots are for, I'm against. Doesn't matter what it is I don't want to be on the same side as those trannies.

Attached: 2A2A88E4-0AC7-4588-BBB3-D66164DCFC6A.jpg (398x398, 17.98K)

No it didn't and it wasnt a law it a principle that the cucks wanted the 3-member regulatory agency FCC to adopt.

It made internet service a utility.
All content had to be delivered without bias.
It would have made it illegal to refuse service, and the sites that have been shut sown recently would still be there.
The loss of NN was the beginning of censorship

>The loss of NN was the beginning of censorship
The opposite is true frendo

If an electric company of a phone carrier doesn't like your politics there's nothing they can do about it because they're classified as utilities

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Basically comes down to whether you want a handful of major tech giants controlling everything you see and do on the internet, or the government.

Cringe. The internet computer solves this.

The government is bound by the chains of the constution and isn't allow to censor you

PFFFHAHAHAHA

But the government can shut off a carrier because it doesn’t like its politics.

Private corporations are not the thing you should fear. You can quit a company, you can’t quit a government.

Remember when the IRS totally didn’t audit conservative organizations almost exclusively?

They are only bound by people who can stop them.

Are there any?

>lots of people watch Netflix all of a sudden
>ISPs are strained from the sudden influx of bandwidth the average person uses
>try to strongarm Netflix into playing to upgrade infrastructure
>Netflix refuses
>ISPs start throttling Netflix to force them to pay
>Netflix gets mad and takes the issue to court
>"you can't throttle Netflix, because Net Neutrality"
>ISPs start lobbying to get it repealed so they can have some leverage over Netflix
That's it. That's literally all Net Neutrality was about: Jews trying to Jew each other. All of the shit about censorship and packages were just propaganda spread by Netflix and other companies trying to break into the streaming business.