Stellar thread last night bros

I posted about the rods from God and realized this morning it got like 300 replies while I was asleep. All good points in the discussion!

Attached: Screenshot_20220204-033340-167.png (720x945, 285.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitchute.com/video/k4UzOvDaJnXr/
odysee.com/@HighImpactFlix:c/Feb-3-Ben-Gordon:6
twitter.com/bengordonshow
web.archive.org/web/20220204132429/https://twitter.com/bengordonshow
bitchute.com/video/cCwBlR7LruWE/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1643711127800.png (322x527, 195.58K)

*Farts*
How's that for a good post?

Is there a way to make them have less penetrating power and expend more energy at the instant of impact?
Maybe making it mushroom outwards by having softer metal sections running vertical down it.

Attached: federal_HST_amm_F.jpg (1000x665, 595.39K)

No worries, fellow military tech enthusiast! We're all good friends here, right anons? Nothing pozzed, all based, am I right?

Well how nice. Thanks for sharing.

ie, WHERE'S THE FUCKING POST you SAUSAGE?

How would this glow? Do you think an user is going to reveal that they're planning on launching their own weapons platform into orbit?

>this thing is totally real and not CGI
>billions of tax dollars every year have totally not been embezzled

What if there was a small explosive in the nose that went off a split second before impact?

>rods from God
were a weapon deployed by a space-faring civilization capable of traveling interstellar distances

the authors have background in aerospace engineering and shit

Attached: niven_pournelle_footfall.jpg (1097x709, 89.76K)

The original is archived now

It's impossible to manufacture tungsten rods of that size, you know.
Have any of you ever worked with tungsten metal?

the species that fabricated them has functional fusion power

kys you overly paranoid schizo faggot.

I'd bet money that they're already up there

No need to be funny here Anons. OP is trying to scare us with non-existent wunderwaffe. It might be a psyop, I saw this thread yesterday btw

What did I miss?

all countries put together are too poor to afford that kind of toys for now

What was the thread number?

Feels like it would be a good backup option at least, from the low tech aspect, having a few of these floating up there across the right zones just in case something happens to the "good stuff"

If this tech is real we may as well hang our hats

And? You still can't machine the shit. Or even use plasma cutting.
If you've never had the thrill of actually holding a small chunk of W in your hands, I highly recommend buying a small cube off the internet for kicks. It's not just heavy like gold, it's hard, almost like diamond, and that's WITH nickle sintering.

I'm being funny because I'm the one who did the thread last night too, I was thanking everyone who participated. I'ma make one about the Orion project space ships next, keep the eye out!

I have some chinese ebay "gold bars" that might have tungsten in them

>I posted about the rods from God

Things don't just fall from orbit bro. If something is in orbit but a chunk of it separates, that chunk doesn't just magically fall from orbit. It has to slow its orbital velocity. It DOES NOT just fall straight down. It can't.

This concept is from a movie, possibly a comic book.

This idea is unfeasible in the sense that transporting the necessary materials to space to make the rods would be astronomically expensive.
The cheapest way of going about it would be something like having a Moon base, mine the material there and throw it from there. But it would take like three days to hit the target.
Sending the weapon itself to Earth's orbit from the Moon could be cheaper but somebody should come up with the spreadsheet if one is actually saving money if the initial investment of the Moon base made the project worth it.
I guess having a claim to the Moon and having a gun pointed to the head of any wanna-be poser would be worth the investment.

Attached: 1607988630523.jpg (762x601, 69.16K)

bitchute.com/video/k4UzOvDaJnXr/

odysee.com/@HighImpactFlix:c/Feb-3-Ben-Gordon:6

twitter.com/bengordonshow

web.archive.org/web/20220204132429/https://twitter.com/bengordonshow

bitchute.com/video/cCwBlR7LruWE/

Are they magnetic? The nickle used in production of tungsten stock makes samples magnetic, because W is too hard to machine in pure form.

It doesn't have to be well manufactured. It just has to be a lump of heavy stuff in a high orbit around the Earth so that it is storing a shitload of potential energy. Being made purely of a dense material like tungsten and being vaguely rod shaped is a bonus but a large enough rock would achieve a similar effect.

the fridge magnet sticks to them

Here's the OG link from last night, I don't know my shit so I hope that works.

They're tungsten alright. I hope you didn't pay more than the price of W for them.

It's from Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), nicknamed Star Wars. 'Brilliant Pebbles' was another weapon from the program. Once the USSR collapsed, SDI was discontinued but much of the research still exists.

See 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' by Heinlein

they were dirt cheap

I'll never see the appeal of British humor

These aren't explosive and the people most likely to be in bunkers are politicians and military. Fuck'em.

I bought them because they have the german imperial eagle and say DEUTSCHE REICHSBANK

Oh shit, I've never heard of this book I'll have to pick it up sometime. Those two wrote "The Mote in God's Eye", one of my favorite sci-fi books

>Kewl
Retard

Ground zero

Attached: tonga.png (1080x1080, 262.2K)

Can you image if we put this much effort into something good?

they got lots of good books, I still haven't gotten around to reading them all

Attached: niven_pournelle_Lucifers_Hammer.jpg (610x889, 228.43K)

Cool little trinkets then.

they can do rods from God on civilians without a trial because they're from ((God))

Attached: missile.png (1589x1319, 2.11M)

Was this designed by a 12 year old? I learned about terminal velocity in high school. You could drop that from a building and hit the same speed.

>telephone pole sized rods of tungsten
>contained within an orbital platform capable of launching them with accuracy
>low tech
Holy fuck, are you larping as an idiot?

Why? Whose selling them for such a high price? Do they do payment plans?

>calls OP Glowie for exposing state secrets
>unironically exposes himself as a glowie.
You are doing it wrong kike

Attached: C3DF2F43-2C11-4654-A317-937FF37D3642.jpg (720x757, 51.43K)

orbital industry is too expensive for us

I still have to read Lucifer's Hammer, I'm excited to. If you haven't gotten around to the Mote you've gotta get to it, it's very cool

Fart jokes are human culture. The very first recorded joke was about a woman farting in her husbands lap from ancient Sumeria.

I mean it's basically pushing a metal rod from orbit onto a target, isn't that low tech compared to a space ship or laser satellites or something?

No.
The entire point of rods of god is to steer around the agreement between Russia and us about explosives in space. It can literally only be kinetic energy

I have listened to audiobooks of mote and the sequel, the gripping hand, enjoyed them both

Who's Jewing who? Oy Vey!

...Frank, is that you? You're not supposed to be in shift for another hour, we gotta talk to glowie management about these interrupted schedules.

I’d imagine that due to its weight and aerodynamics, it would require much greater distance to reach its terminal velocity.

Can’t we get a loyalty card or something?
Fuckin space Jews