What is it like to be a truck driver?

What is it like to be a truck driver?

Attached: 1638765792382.png (1300x740, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/ Uox-QLGpWTc3OGE0
youtube.com/watch?v=RTg8CG-U5Q0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lots of alone time

lots of driving

Attached: 1634016977761.jpg (601x401, 36.99K)

I have every license and nobody wanted to hire me because no experience 3k down the drain.
Started my own business never work for others.

Drugs
Cock
Honk

Honk.

>left hand drive
>left side of the road

Kinda boring. Lots of alone time. You can tell it gets to some truckers. Truck stops are full of characters, some of whom love to talk your ear off.

It's true you get to see the country, but just the interstates. You're not taking a big rig to the grand canyon or the St Louis arches.

The country is beautiful and mostly empty, especially the center. West of the Mississippi is pretty desolate. Get into the Dakotas and Montana and sometimes you'll struggle to see signs of human civilization.

Loading/unloading is annoying and transactional. Warehouses are typically given a 2 hour window to load/unload you. You have to sit there and do nothing while they do. If you show up late, you're at their mercy. They handle you whenever they want. Sometimes shippers are screwed up and they'll make you wait an insane amount of time even if you did show up on schedule. In those cases you usually get some detention pay.

Maintenance sucks. The truck is your home, so if it's in the shop you're just left to sit around a cafeteria or something.

Pay is OK. I made $42k my first year. You can make much more with experience or specialization. The big money is in being an owner/op.

Food sucks. Some times you can get a hot meal at a truck stops, but often you'll be at a rest area eating canned food. You need to keep a supply of canned food and water bottles on board.

You have all the time in the world to listen to stuff. SiriusXM is a necessity. If you listen to terrestrial radio you'll just be switching channels constantly.

Training is very easy. 2 weeks to get a CDL learner's permit and do some backing on the yard. 1 month of real world driving in a trainer's truck. Then you're on your own.

The money is decent, but the thing people overlook is your expenses can be next to nothing. There's no need to pay rent or have a car payment since you're living out of your truck. Just stock up on canned goods at WalMart once a month. The only monthly bills I paid were cell

> Never heard of the English channel

you'll turn into a fat ugly pig in no time

niggers, niggers everywhere

>you'll turn into a fat ugly pig in no time

This too. It's near impossible to exercise. You don't want to take a stroll down the on-ramp, or spend a January night walking around the truck stop lot. Some places have exercise rooms but it's spotty

Meme magic will help us in this struggle
A health freedom crypto project that helps to create a parallel society for the unvaxxed
>unvaxxed jobs finder
>unvaxxed tinder
>unvaxxed airbnb
>block chain ledger with censored medical information

Join us on our mission

t.me/ Uox-QLGpWTc3OGE0

Attached: pol3.jpg (602x1024, 101.3K)

how do you even have a family under these conditions?

The English channel? We call it the BBC in America.

Well, boy.
You take a truck.
You drive it for extended periods of time.
That's basically what it's like.

You don't and if you do you never see them.

>What is it like to be a truck driver?
Delightful.
youtube.com/watch?v=RTg8CG-U5Q0

Attached: 200x200bb.jpg (200x200, 16.02K)

Shit, you'd hate it, hours alone and relaxing as king of the road, seriously piss off, we don't need anymore of you trainees smashing trailers and units up.

Park up for the day. Walk away for half an hour. Walk back.

I hope you didn't put any money in that. corona will be over after omicron. people have had enough

You can experience the thrill and be able to walk away at any time

Attached: ATS3.webm (711x400, 2.86M)

>3 weeks on the road. 3 days at home
>Random drug tests, which is biased towards Marijuana
>Elogs
>Disptache treats you like shit
>Places you deliver to treats you like shit
>Anything happens, it's your fault
>truck breaks down your fault for not doing a pre trip
>zoomer runs into your truck and dies while you're at a red light, your fault and will have to submit a drug test, even if you smoked a joint 2 weeks ago, and haven't sence, you will still fail the drug test and be charged for manslaughter
Truck driving is the most cuck job in the world. If you must do it, stay local, box trucks gigs usually means your are home nightly, and they dont require the year worth of OTR gigs, even though highway driving is the easiest part of driving. Ill keep my CDL current, but Im going to go back to school and join an IT program.