Can I get a good job with a degree in IT or should I switch to cyber security...

Can I get a good job with a degree in IT or should I switch to cyber security? I was going to do computer science but I’m a retard at math

Attached: 9BF3A7DA-E3B2-47F7-9F5D-B6D6A9148969.jpg (1024x1016, 124.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/c/TheOrganicChemistryTutor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

join automotive embedded.
Most people doing this are smart + car enthusiastic so mostly right wing.

I suck at mechanics too

this guy has pretty good math related tutorials youtube.com/c/TheOrganicChemistryTutor

As someone who always failed math in high school and excelled at everything else and always thpught "oh im a retard at math", the best advice i can give you is self study.

It turns out im actually pretty fucking good at math and do it for fun now. But I spent the first 25 years of my life thinking i was retarded and avoiding STEM like the plague. Turns out im just really shitty with authority.

This has nothing to do with mechanics. You program the chips that control the car like heating for seats, control for mirrors or engine related stuff.
I also have a computer science degree and am doing the same. I worked in (((data science))), app dev, web dev and embedded is clearly the least pozzed subset of CS.

Also math is rarely ever needed at the job as long as you are not doing AI stuff, data science or implementing a new crypto algorithm.
Most math stuff is hidden in some lib.

No matter what degree or certification you get, the company would rather pay an Indian a quarter of what they are going to pay you and give them the job over you every single time. IT is not a good choice

CyberSec. It’s so hot right now. Tons of open positions. Just landed my second job and currently double dipping. Total salary is 265k. Feels good fren.

Yeah because this worked so great for boeing. Hire cheap indians and you get a bloated barely working mess. If you want a good indian dev he will cost the same as the european/ american one.

IT is for all intents and purposes not the best thing you could have a degree in

It's also not the worst

What silicon valley wants are programmers, the NSA wants mathematicians, IT is great if you're in India and you have decent English

"Cyber Security" would most likely result in you only being able to get a job in America's "Shill Army," no joke

Attached: Screenshot_20220203-011633.png (720x1600, 285.23K)

Its probably not that math is going to be used, its that he has to take classes for math, which sucks.

I suck at math but I'm good at programming. Don't know why.

Attached: 123.png (1280x1400, 202.22K)

Yeah, if you don't think you can learn math I don't know why you think you can learn software, where you have to learn constantly and there are no teachers or single textbooks to reference.

You could also not Get an education due your hair purple, choose pronouns and claim your a BIPOC and easily land a job in IT without knowing anything.

t. I have a couple faggot tranny “windows engineers” at one of the companies I work for.

Takes too long. No guarantee that jobs will be there when I finish.

If you're a retard at math do what the rest of you do
> Go into Humanities you useless sack of shit

Based

Things are exaggerated on this board. I never met one person choosing pronouns. Also boomers in middle management only appear to be woke but most are rather traditional and would never hire the creature you just described.
Like they write they are searching male or female but also say I would never hire a male secretary.

Also in IT you always have to do programing test, take at home projects or some kind of coding thing before they hire you. You will never get a job without knowing anything.
If people do not get into the codebase after a few months they always get fired.

Most corps have a “DEI” board now and old white men are being phased out for liberals and black women. If you’re still denied just find a jew lawyer and give him 30% of the settlement and 30% of your foreskin and you’ll be set for a while.

“Always”? I’ve never done a coding or whiteboard interview.

What kind of programming do you do? I write J2EE apps.

I just applied to 15 different positions in december. Every company I applied did some kind of technical interview. One even gave me a week to do some coding task that took like 2 days.

Embedded C. Basically I program microcontrollers in cars.

MY DUDE! I used to write Turbo C back in the day. Fucking miss it so much.