Has AMD and NVIDIA formed a cartel?

Why aren't they in courts for price fixing?

>inb4 its miners fault
>thats a lie

Attached: Untitled.png (1075x887, 576.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/185275981077
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>thats a lie
Why though?

MSRP's are lower it's just nobody sells them for that because ~~~~free market~~~~~.

Trade war and political cold war. Why do you think the USA and EU gave intel 2 billion to build fabs in the US and Ireland?

free market or something

They both operate manufacturing out of Taiwan and China. What fucking court can touch them?

Stop being such a poorfag

>all chips made on tiny island in China's backyard
>"why haven't jew lawyers saved me from this"
You're simply ngmi

That's how far the technology goes. Did you expect transistors to reach quantum level or something?

there's not enough power to fuel cryptofiat why would there be enough hardware?

Because most use ASICs and the kw/hr barely makes it worth it.

>the kw/hr barely makes it worth it.
Most people's electricity is not taxed like in Denmark.
Also, if you have a usecase for it, you can steal electricity - and miners do

There is a chip shortage, goyim.
In these trying times, we must all do our part and support these struggling companies.
(Do not look at the stock prices.)

I bought a 3060 for msrp last month
But they were gone in minutes, I beat the bots

Make your own GPUs, free market or something.

Just buy gpu's second hand off ebay when the scalpers get desperate. ebay.com/itm/185275981077

What's the deal with it? You're rich western european, just buy one and calm down already whiny rich bitch

>Because most use ASICs
This is what retards don't understand. Fucking morons.

maybe its connected with flooding the market with mobey while decreasing supply because of cooooooof rules and muh climate change mandates.

>inb4 its miners fault
>thats a lie

How is it a lie? There's a whole new market of people who are buying up all the graphics cards they can and hooking them up in sequence to have them crunch numbers. And they buy up the old cards and the new ones because they can both make them money.

That raises the demand and Nvidia and AMD either don't have the capacity to expand their production to meet all that demand or don't want to so the prices go up and we get fucked and the chip makers make bank.

Its not price fixing its just the companies taking advantage of high demand. It sucks for the consumer but I can't say I blame the company for trying to make as much money as possible that's what they do.

Attached: quark_tribbles.jpg (500x885, 293.62K)

People are still buying them at this price, with inflation sprinkled on top these higher prices are the new normal for GPUs.

The thing is most of those cards especially the reference design ones aren't worth more that $500. I bought a brand new RTX2080 for like $730 in 2019 which are now going for $1k+ used on fucking eBay. That chink running nVidia should be hanged for thievery.

There's plenty of coins that are are mined on GPUs, there's even coins you mine using hard drives.

Why would you think these farms would be set up in areas where power is expensive? Or pay for electricity at all. You are probably paying 10 times as much per KW than most countries out there. Also you probably are not running hardware specifically tuned to do mining with software specifically tuned to mine.
Also if they buy GPUs at msrp with bots, and then resell them after half a year to a year, they still make profit off that alone.

What pozzed shit were you going to play? BF2042? Nigger's Duty? Good games run on toasters.

Gamers will be happy to just get any card, so they will overpay like shit. So the cards get sold at the highest price someone is willing to pay for them.
Other than that, it's the mining facilities you fucking dip. If there is a shortage of wheat, the price of bread will go up, even if the mass consumers eat macaroni and spaghetti.

Really not true at all for Ethereum. The power usage is minimal compared to the cost of the graphics cards, and they pay themselves off within a year or so. I don't personally mine crypto, but I know people who do.

>Make your own GPUs, free market or something.
So you mean you can't just do this shit in a rented garage? Do you reckon there's any connection between the 20 billion dollars to build a factory and 13 billion a year spent in R&D alone and someone needing to charge more than 20$ for top of the line graphics cards?
God damn you communists are dumber than niggers.

Attached: proletariat 15.png (1177x861, 459.14K)

lets be honest who of you malakamakaka can afford a card lmao

Yup, if they didnt pay like brainlets then the prices wouldnt be that high

This is everything but free market
Free market would be bidding up the price but starting at same for everyone.
This is literally ransom.

Considering the cards are still selling... no, people bid up, and now the price is where it is. Enjoy your free market.

It's just inflation. Cartels don't work if all parties are motivated by self interest. Each party would profit by breaking the cartel, so each party that maintains the cartel does so at their own expense. Cartels only work if they can punish those who break the cartels.