If you

don't drive a car like this then fuck you.
Requirements:
At least 15 years old
Over 150k miles
Less then 2,000 dollar resale value

In my 28 years of living I have never bought a car for more then 1800 dollars. And I never buy from (((car dealerships))) always from private sellers. It saves me a shit ton of money per year. Honestly how can any of you stomach spending 45k on a freakin car.

>inb4 poorfag
I make 150k a year as a ship's engineer and learning how to fix things on these shitboxes got me interested in engines and shit

It's also nice being self sufficient and not a useless slug who has to be at the mercy of an overpriced mechanic. I've never been to a mechanic, used a plumber, used an electrician, etc once in my life.

Attached: Screenshot_20.png (980x653, 973.09K)

The market's completely fucked right now, but I agree with the sentiment. Car payments are a horrible form of debt if at all possible to avoid.

Attached: 65o6rxh189g61.png (711x521, 516.35K)

For me, it's the Lada, the most SOVLful car in existence.

Attached: 54b5254add0895d5258b457d.jpeg.jpg (600x450, 31.5K)

I drive a Toyota and for some reason it's going up in value every year now.

Good on you user. I have a company car but 100% agree with your philosophy. Anyone that pays a bunch of money for a car is retarded.

i used to have a lada, absolute dog shit chink car

bruh i have a 2007 taurus i bought for 900 with only100k miles on it now, fuckin built i love it

Didn't Obummer fuck the shitbox market up with cash for clunkers?

My BMW is better than that hunk of shit

Try that collision at 45mph and see how the passengers in the benz have a pulse and in the soviet car are dead. Cars built like tanks are good for low speed collisions only.

I agree with op tho, cheap cars that run forever and great values

This is my ride 2007 mitsubishi endeavor. 180k miles and runs like a champ. Bought it for 2500 3 years ago.
Am i based?

Forgot pic

Attached: 5174453_165866735_640.jpg (640x480, 181.4K)

2005 Lincoln Towncar fully loaded
153k miles, $3k, still looks and drive like new
if only you knew how comfy it is bros

Attached: ED86B7E3-B2AC-462B-A9FD-8A418C4110EC.jpg (640x480, 71.28K)

The, "I'm poor and cheap" thread.
cool

>bmw
lmao even if youre larping you should feel embarrassed

I was always suggested to only buy cars under 100k and expect them to die within 100k miles.
Did I get mislead? I'm not a mechanic.

I drive a '79 Ford pickup that I paid $900 for, then spent about $1k in parts on. It has a 300 in it that starts instantly even when it's -40, a 3-on-the-tree, 9" rear end, new suspension/brakes/etc. Drives and handles like a dream, will easily smoke the tires, tow whatever, is quiet inside thanks to sound deadening, and can be fixed with basic tools, gets 29 mpg on the highway (2.75 rear). I can't imagine a more reliable and trustworthy vehicle, and it's just plain fun to drive.

I have a 2010 tacoma but they aren’t cheap these days but I can say I’ll drive it till I die

Hello Fuckers

Attached: 2018TOC02000201.jpg (640x480, 91.79K)

I had an 08 lancer that i bought 7 years ago for 5k. I redid the sound system and worked on it myself. It had been paid off for years. A roastie decided not to stop at an intersection and totaled it right before Christmas. Dealing with the insurance companies makes me want to commit genocide.

Yep, big Redpill here.

A motor vehicle should be viewed for its Utility, not as a statement of fashion.

Certainly, safety should be part of the selection criteria, but the juvenile pursuit of muh Maximum Performance 0 to 60 / quarter-mile / cornering force should be relegated to the Track, not Main Street.

Alh tdi master race here

480k miles and climbing

NPC

Now this is based

Numale detected

Muh baby

Attached: Alfa_romeo_156_berline.jpg (2266x1316, 704.76K)

Nice, user.

She's pretty good mileage-wise too iirc / almost 32 on the highway with a light foot, correct?

i've had 3 fords, all shit the bed after 120k
i've had beaters forever. they eventually go after 150k or so, idk.
i ended up leasing then buying it out, going to run it to the ground.
paying $300 month is pretty shit, but now that i make good money it's whtever but still shit

A man does what is necessary to thrive with the resources available to him. Good on you fag.

I only have like $4.5K left on my car payment for my 2016 scion but I still feel the urge of going back to owning a paid of civic or something, just feels so freeing and less anxiety inducing having a paid off car that never has issues or is easy af to work on.

I always say to these fucking CLOWN ASS BABY BOYS, is your mortgage paid? Are your student loans paid? Are you debt free? Do you have savings and investments? THEN WHY ARE YOU FINANCING A FUCKING MUSCLE CAR??? Fucking idiots man, you will NEVER outearn a poor spending habit. Im also rich and I actually dont even own a car, you save on car insurance and the cost of gas is fucking crazy, plus depreciating asset. Uber/Lyft is always worth it if you will spend less in 1 month than car insurance would cost

Also 28. First car was a 93 Buick that my parents inherited (originally purchased new by my grandma, even still had the original dealer paperwork), I fixed it up and they gave it to me. I swear I would have kept it running forever if someone hadn't hit it. Second, current car is a 94 Camry named Bessy that I bought from my cousin for $600.

Based as hell.