What happened to technological progress? It used to be fast, but what has happened in the last 15 years...

What happened to technological progress? It used to be fast, but what has happened in the last 15 years? Not one fucking thing.

Attached: laptop.png (400x400, 69.99K)

C'mon man! Apple has given you 3 cameras on your iPhone.

90% of it comes down to planned obsolescence. Why make high quality (future proofed) appliances when you can make one which becomes useless after a few years.

Laptops are the worst for it as you're fucked if the laptop doesn't come with a decent amount of RAM. I think windows alone requires 4GB minimum. Add poorly optimized software like Teams & Chrome and you're going to get fucked after a few years.

TLDR build a desktop for the love of god.

Academia and businesses abandoned the scientific method for "the science". Of course advances will slow, stop, and eventually start to run backwards. No longer interested in the world but only power and ideology.

Software coded by third world retards in bloated languages. Amongst others of course

All I know is.

PS3 controller = 30 hours battery life
PS5 controller = 12 hours (if you're lucky)

mostly this. nothing new is happening. we are on reruns until a real revolution or heat death.

there are good laptops out there that are repairable and upgradeable. just not many. you have to do research. unfortunately lenovo turned thinkpads to shit. framework laptop looks promising but i haven't tried it yet.
i'm posting this from an 11 year old laptop with an i7 a sata ssd and 16gb ram.

Of course if you read into it and do your research you can get something good. But asking the general public to do the above is asking a bit much.

OP IS HUGE FAGGOT

TRUE STORY !!!

MANY SUCH CASES

HOOOOOONK!!!!

Attached: facebook-fags.jpg (500x332, 23.83K)

I thought it was 4 cameras

OP IS HUGE FAGGOT

TRUE STORY !!!

MANY SUCH CASES

HOOOOOONK!!!!

!!!

Attached: Thats-all-folks!.jpg (998x591, 88.3K)

we could be progressing but finance and politics have gotten in the way. we are on the cusp of many innovations which will make computers cheaper and faster, but for a variety of reasons none of it is coming to fruition. things could still be improving quickly but basically money has gotten in the way. plus, governments around the world are trying to localize chip manufacturing which means that a lot of progress is essentially restarting.

You are looking in the wrong places. AI is where a lot of technological advances have happened in the past 15 years.

Apple switched to in-house produced ARM cpus that use cellphone-amount of energy, to produce computer-amount performance. This is extremely significant and literally happened 2 years ago.

>Assuming consumer electronics = all of technology
Go back

Correct. All technology has gone to more efficient ways to monitor the populace.

>What happened to technological progress?
Progress = Meme Degree Factories

Are you high?

>Virtual Reality
>Crypto Currency
>Digital Passports
>Broadband internet
>Mobile internet connection on 24/7
>Everything now has a touchscreen
>Fully Electric Vehicles

Technological advancement is only happening at a faster and faster speed every year. Look at how something as basic as the personal computer has evolved in even just the past 10 years compared from the entirety of the 1960s to the 1990s.

who cares. My 2018 PC is still good enough to play Cyberpunk 2077 on Ultra at 120 fps. 1200€ machine still worth 800€.

Pretty much all of that existed 15 years ago