Fuck you bill gates

Hey basically I'm just not gonna upgrade (windows 11!!) I know.... UGH I know..... I'm sorry It's just that I'm not gonna upgrade is all...
HAHAAHAHAAAHAH

Attached: windows 11.png (342x239, 8.37K)

>not running linux
>in 2021

Attached: don draper whiskey laughing.gif (259x259, 1.75M)

Windows 11 makes you use a Microsoft email account to log into Windows.. so even more of your data will be getting sent to Microsoft. Why bother

just use a burner

go to Any Forums
friendly windows thread
use windows 10 1809 ltsc (security updates only, rarely "feature" updates)
use free activator

Microsoft gave me that message on a new computer I just bought.
They want me to buy an even newer computer that allows them to force an OS update that I do not want.
Fucking pajeets.

Attached: XP vinyl.jpg (500x500, 25.17K)

Anybody know a good Linux distro for game dev... I like using unity but Ubuntu presented too many problems particularly when trying to get blender and unity to play nice together (i.e. importing .blend files directly).

I fucking hate microshaft ever since win10 and I hear win11 is the aids cancer that makes win10 just look like HPV

I'm still running 7 and I'm not changing.

Same what will i miss but genderfield 41

You're better off staying on 10 for now. So far 11 is a buggy mess they're struggling to fix, kind of like 10 was when it was new.
Also Bill Gates has nothing to do with Microsoft these days apart from holding a lot of stock. You mean Sativa Nutella or however he spells it.

I hate to say it , but distro hop till you find something you like. Don't just try derivatives.
Try an Arch based , then a Debian based , OpenSuse , Gentoo , keep trying till you find what you need and suits you.

I'm a Linux retard so give it to me straight... If something claims it has a Ubuntu build, will it work on other distros? Or are there dependencies that are Ubuntu only?

But video games

>Lutris
>Steam
>Wine
>Virtual Box
you have no excuse.

can you not just do an offline normal install like you can with windows 10?

Shouldn't be. Just means it's packaged for ubuntu so you can install it more easily.
Linux is the kernel and you can get the libraries an app needs on any distro(simlink etc.).
Only difference is some distros have older libs(debian stable) others have cutting edge (Arch)

MXLinux w/ KDE Plasma desktop environment. I just moved to it from Ubuntu after 14 years.

Yeah can't wait to lose 50% of CPU on emulating windows.

Not necessarily. Mint is a derivative of Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a derisive of Debian. As long as your OS is based on Ubuntu, you're fine. If it's based on Debian, i.e., MXLinux, it's 50/50.

Why would you even want Windows 11 anyhow?

>implying you arent losing CPU to windows bloat and spyware

Linux is for hobbyist contrarian nerds who think they are special when they really just want to browse fucking Any Forums in a web browser or type a text document.
If you want to do anything on the higher scale of professionalism then you’ll have to be using windows breh.
Just don’t bother going to 11 it’s not forced for a few more years and doesn’t even add new features
There’s also cracked versions of 10 that remove bloat ware and adware

Well , he kinda does.
Not all stuff works that good
Some stuff fails to work at all.
But there is enough stuff if you are ok with the more limited choice.

Yeah you can, that dude is a retard

You can buy a corporate pro/enterprise license and get out of it. It will cost more, but there you have it.

>he literally doesn't know windows games run better on linux than on windows

Yeah but just about 10% on idle.

How many people here live and work on the higher scale of professionalism? Do you? Linux DOES work on the higher end, which is how I know that you're not there. Windows is for people who just want to turn their computer on and fuck off, or people who are too brainwashed to realize that computer =/= Microsoft.

Sirs please update to windows 11, windows 10 and linux is no longer safe for saftey reasons you will update to windows 11 please be advised you will need new computer for bless day

I upgraded what’s wrong with it, my games all work fine so far

>he doesn't even know his phone runs on linux
>and so do 90% of websites

>mfw windows update was the original booster scam

Attached: f1505c4a121ba4e4e1abac099292f374.jpg (666x620, 54.72K)

>You can buy a corporate pro/enterprise license
>paying for Microsoft in 2022
wtf

Nice engerish, chang.

shut up toilet licker you know you want to make the switch, go get a usb, go install rufus, and go download le Ubuntu .iso... NOW!

this answer is so childish

Nice try Chang. Everyone knows you are suppose to install Gentoo.

just play nothing but left 4 dead 2.

I don't think the POE trade overlays work in linux. maybe I just dont know tho

What this fag said:
There are more than a few YouTubers who can show you how set up a Linux distro to run some video games or using a vm of windows just for gaming.

I’m assuming you’re too retarded for that though as you’re asking pol for advice on this. So just use windows.

If the distro is Debian based I'd assume it'll work unless there's a reason to think it wouldn't. Otherwise see if there's a Flatpak, or if it's available as a docker image. But really just play around with distros your interested in in a live environment or on a virtual machine to test compatibility if you're worried about it.

>games run better on linux than on windows
This, unironically. There are only two kinds of games that work on Windows that don't on Linux:
>muh DirectX
>the devs just didn't bother doing a Linux build

The first point is only relevant when you have AAA games with over 9000 million polygons, and you have to optimize for the platform most people use (Windows) just to get the game to run. These kinds of optimizations are the enemy of portability.

The second point is irrelevant half the time, since we have Wine, but it arises when devs use an engine that isn't cross-platform. Most game engines are cross-platform nowadays, but a lot of devs still use older or custom engines and either didn't write them with portability in mind, or they don't want to waste time and money updating the low-level libraries and build processes to get it to work on Linux consumers, who only make up 2-3% of the game market, if that. There's also concern about having to test for another platform, but worst case scenario, you just publish the build and say use at your own risk, like every other Linux software.

But once you have the game working on your platform, it becomes basic math that Linux runs games better. Most Linux distros just run faster and waste less CPU cycles than Windows, so there's more CPU to spare for your games.