Why are houses built exactly the same as they were 400 years ago

You would think with all this new technology we would’ve found a new and better way to build houses but our houses are exactly the same as they were in the George Washington days. Also, why do houses in America look all the same? Seriously I’d rather live in a more modern looking concrete house than your soulless colonial cardboard house.

Attached: EDEF2B6D-1B22-405A-A89E-CC38852DC17C.jpg (1800x1153, 1.03M)

(((mid century modern)))

>but our houses are exactly the same as they were in the George Washington days.
They're not. The materials and techniques used are very different. Just because it doesn't look its from the Jetsons doesn't mean it's not different, you retard

this post is fucked i dontknow where to begin. first of all we do NOT build houses the same as we did 200+ years ago. not by a long shot. from post and beam to rock foundations. second travel around the country and see how each region builds homes differently. now fuck off back to fortnite kiddo

I’d rather live in this than your soulless colonial houses that totally don’t all look the same even though the actually do.

Attached: 3FB3C176-CC5D-49A8-A740-001C23922BF5.jpg (1240x800, 890.44K)

> modern architecture goyim !

fuck off fucking nigger

also learn about architecture. from saltbox, cape cod style, greek revival, french gothic, stick, queen anne, craftsmen, all the way to mcmansions. houses are so diverse that it makes social justice look like an ethnostate

They look exactly the same as in the pilgrim days. I’ve seen drawings.

They are build worse than before

Attached: 123.jpg (1632x1224, 843.5K)

Soft handed bitch detected.

Everywhere in america except the southwest maybe has the same soulless colonial houses that totally don’t all look the same. (Even though they do)

>They look exactly the same as in the pilgrim days.
You're too stupid for this conversation

Attached: 1547245386637.jpg (725x1013, 71.04K)

If by better, you mean cheaper.

Attached: 1643570437317.jpg (253x199, 9.78K)

I prefer houses that are more environmentally friendly and can return to nature easiest. Imagine coming up from the bunkers and having to tear down all the brick houses because the vegetation makes them unliveable.

They aren't though. Sage.

That’s true. Good point.

>prefer houses that are more environmentally friendly
Ha! Fag

This is peak comfy

Attached: blendecques_castle.jpg (3800x2850, 3.15M)

youre replying to bots

they will make thread with a lie implying they didnt have better building materials

and reply to it to verify their bullshit

Attached: 1634591470194.jpg (1536x2048, 724.05K)

You prefer houses that fall apart after 30 years and also look all the same

I’m not a bot jackass I just really hate soulless American architecture

see

Reminder that lives would be saved if Americans built real houses.

Attached: file.png (502x155, 27.81K)

They aren't. 400 years ago they built houses to last and many 400 year old houses still stand today. Modern houses are built out of pressboard and will fall apart within 50 years.

fuck thats ugly

I've never been able to find out what kind of concrete that is in old houses like that and old churches, looks good

if youre not a bot then why would you imply that they didnt have better building practices than we do today made out of cardboard and wood nowadays

your post is baked in a lie

Attached: qaqa (32) (1).jpg (1440x1800, 261.69K)

you are a retard

what tech? cern magic particle scamence? woopdeedoop space shuttle fisheyed tech? ohhhhhhhh booooooooooyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooo how about onions floorboards? CLIMATE NEUTRAL MUHFUGGIN REFUGEE HOUSES AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>IT GUN FALL APUT
lol retard

>Everywhere in america except the southwest maybe has the same soulless colonial houses that totally don’t all look the same. (Even though they do)
You know nothing about regional architecture and probably even less about modern/minimal architecture. Also you have to be 18+ to post on 5chinz.
>in all fields

It’s this soulless architecture that produces the amount of psychopathy and mental illness, which america has more of per capita than most countries in the world.

Sometimes advancing technology create amazing new ways to make things better. More often however, it creates way to make things at similar quality levels in a less expensive fashion. This is often true of commoditized things like housing. The basic problem, creating comfortable safe shelter for humans to live in, has not changed much. There is little to gained by making your home out of carbon fiber with gold wiring. The market demands you only design for the minimum requirements.