So why exactly did islam spread through the balkans so unevenly...

So why exactly did islam spread through the balkans so unevenly. Like how the fuck did parts of bosnia and most of albania get converted while the peoples of greece, montenegro and serbia didn't give a shit. There must be a reason right? Was it different policies in the different regions or did the peoples just have cultures that varied in their compatibility with islam.

Attached: islam europe.png (1243x955, 262.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PyySenaVbng
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think I once read in Bosnia it had something to do with the Catholic crusades against the Bogomils. They hated the Catholics because of that and thought Islam was better

the ottoman empire stretched all the way to hungary. after its collapse, some people remained muslim, others didn't. Greece had a population exchange with the Turks in the 20s. Muslims left Greece for Turkey, and Christians left Turkey for Greece. That's the main reason for the uneven distribution of Muslims.
Muslim population exist in the Western part of the Balkans rather than the Easter, because the Ottoman empire control a larger part of Western balkans, as shown in pic rel.

Attached: OttomanEmpireMain.png (3597x2581, 1.44M)

This video will explain youtu.be/PyySenaVbng
Our countries rebeled against Turks first.

Wasn't that more of an ethnic exchange. Turks and greeks instead of muslims and christians? The muslims in greece were not converts, they were turkish immigrants. But in bosnia and albania the native population converted but this didn't happen in the other places. I find this curious.

Other nations in the Balkans had their Muslims leave for Turkey once gained independence. Bosnia was always in the crossroads between Catholicism and Orthodoxy to where they developed their own church seen as heretical to both. Over the years of Ottoman rule many converted to Islam and once Austria-Hungary conquered Bosnia they didn't make any efforts to convert them

Attached: 1642980290457.jpg (960x714, 114.99K)

No, it had nothing to do with race. Turkish police visited all Christian families in Turkey and basically told them "You can stay if the man of the house converts to Islam". They didn't care about the kids or wife converting, only the father had to convert. Those who didn't convert or leave on their own, were forced out. Back then "Christian" meant Greek, and "Muslim" meant Turk.

Seems like interesting thread, I am gonna bump

Bosnians worshipped their own distinct heretical sect of Christianity, who's weaker institutions were unable to resist Ottoman influence. Meanwhile the Albanians were Catholic. Ottomans had some natural tolerance for Orthodoxy being Greco-Anatolian Mutts, but Catholicism through the Papacy, Venice, and Spain were their greatest enemy. So they persecuted them much more, causing the pressure that lead to mass conversion minus the northern parts.

So when a Greek converted he changed his home language to Turkish? There were no Greek speaking Muslims?

>So when a Greek converted he changed his home language to Turkish?
For the most part, yes. Of course there were Greek converts, but they got assimilated into Turkish society. That's why Turks (especially western Turks) are a mixture of Greek, Albanian, Bulgarian, Armenian, Romanian etc ancestry.

Educate yourself

Attached: Truth about.jpg (1067x949, 117.87K)

>random graph
>no source
>no mention of sample size
>no mention of peer review
whatever helps you cope, turkbro

With Greece there was a population exchange, except they couldn't tell who was a Turk and who was a Greek so they sent all the Christians to Greece even if they didn't speak a word of Greek, and all the Muslims to Turkey even if they didn't speak a word of Turkish.

In Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro etc. There were a lot of rebellions in which a lot of Muslims were killed. (You can say they were justified retaliations etc. but it is a fact that a lot of Muslims were massacred). As a result the remaining muslims fled to Anatolia.

Also in general there were pockets of muslims in Christian majority areas and pockets of Christians in Muslim majority areas. People liked living among those who share their religion. You can think of Bosnia and Albania as larger pockets. Albania in particular was bullied so much by other Christians that it's not that big of a surprise that they converted.

Greeks be like
>Yep, this is a greek girl

Attached: MPAdsK1.jpg (960x642, 87.44K)

you just admitted that turks are mongols, unless they come from devshirme. You basically proved my point, idiot.

Cope Mehmet Yilmaz

Attached: Istanbul.jpg (755x500, 125.64K)

That's a girl that definitely has Turkish ancestry but certainly has a tin of Anatolian ancestry as well. From the 6ish years I spent in Turkey in the 2000s, most Turkish people don't look like that. You must know that as well.

Dumb fuck, there was no such thing as a Turk Christian, that was against Ottoman law. Christian was another word for Greek. Greeks have lived continously in Western Anatolia since before the Trojan War, a War between two Greek city-states. 99% of Turkish tourist attractions were built by Greeks, ancient, medieval and modern(Izmir). The only things anyone wants to see in Turkey was made by Greeks. That is why you Turks want the islands so bad lol, never gonna get them Turkojihadis.

Average Turk looks like a gypsy

Attached: Greek phenotypes.jpg (680x933, 124.81K)

Are you even implying that this is how most Turkiah wen look like, you fucking fag?

NEW THREAD

Enough of you Turks shit-posting here.

Attached: TurkTurk.jpg (1099x906, 187.52K)

My point is that
1- Janissaries were minority, basically elite soldiers who only answers to Sultan they were like 10% of the whole army, majority of the army was tatars and mercenaries impact of Janissaries on entire genetic makeup was miniscule
2- Turkey is more homongenous than you think western side has more European blood and eastern side has more MENA/Iranian blood but we all have Turkmen blood depending from 10% to 40% from region to region(Trebizond has 0% for example)
3- Janissary descendants or kavkaz natives knows their ancestry very well. 50-60M of the country is Anatolian Turks(Turkmen + Anatolian mix) tho
user, phenotype isn't genotype. I look like a slav with almond eyes but my uncle(Mother's brother) looked like a mongol, my nephew(father's side) looks like a mongol too despite having no shared blood and coming from opposite sides of country.

Attached: 1643140229233.jpg (961x476, 43.54K)

You need to understand that early Islam was very intolerant, ISIS like, where everyone that didn't convert or bow to the will of the Allah and the Prophet died in horrible ways. There was no promise of salvation, just simple sword threatening imposition by rulers to the weak.
So, in some areas it spread where it could conquer.

Picrel is my admixtures btw. Average Anatolian Turk. Take it as you will unless you want to spew your bullshit.