Cats vs dogs

Naturally, one’s preference in the matter of cats and dogs depends wholly upon one’s temperament and point of view. The dog would appear to me to be the favourite of superficial, sentimental, emotional, and democratic people—people who feel rather than think, who attach importance to mankind and the popular conventional emotions of the simple, and who find their greatest consolation in the fawning and dependent attachments of a gregarious society. Such people live in a limited world of imagination; accepting uncritically the values of common folklore, and always preferring to have their naive beliefs, feelings, and prejudices tickled, rather than to enjoy a purely aesthetic and philosophic pleasure arising from discrimination, contemplation, and the recognition of austere absolute beauty. This is not to say that the cheaper emotions do not also reside in the average cat-lover’s love of cats, but merely to point out that in ailurophily there exists a basis of true aestheticism which kynophily does not possess.

1/2

Attached: 1643533241305.jpg (671x1000, 979.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

feineigle.com/static/books/2018/secret_societies_psychological_warfare/Hoffman_(1989)_Secret_Societies_and_Psychological_Warfare.pdf
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None.

Get a bird instead.

With a cat you have to pretend you share a genuine relationship with it that extends beyond it seeing you as a source of food. With a dog you don’t have to pretend.

The real lover of cats is one who demands a clearer adjustment to the universe than ordinary household platitudes provide; one who refuses to swallow the sentimental notion that all good people love dogs, children, and horses while all bad people dislike and are disliked by such. He is unwilling to set up himself and his cruder feelings as a measure of universal values, or to allow shallow ethical notions to warp his judgment. In a word, he had rather admire and respect than effuse and dote; and does not fall into the fallacy that pointless sociability and friendliness, or slavering devotion and obedience, constitute anything intrinsically admirable or exalted. Dog-lovers base their whole case on these commonplace, servile, and plebeian qualities, and amusingly judge the intelligence of a pet by its degree of conformity to their own wishes. Catlovers escape this delusion, repudiate the idea that cringing subservience and sidling companionship to man are supreme merits, and stand free to worship aristocratic independence, self-respect, and individual personality joined to extreme grace and beauty as typified by the cool, lithe, cynical, and unconquered lord of the housetops.

2/2

Why is it "cat fur" when it's attached to the cat, but "cat hair" when it's been shed?

Attached: 86B4C68E-3C49-4F93-A9BE-B66B9CC70E46.jpg (526x703, 32.65K)

Based LC.

Fur is attached to skin, skin included. It's like you've never killed an animal to remove it's skin for clothing.

I’ve made a squirrel blanket but I still call detached fur, fur.

feineigle.com/static/books/2018/secret_societies_psychological_warfare/Hoffman_(1989)_Secret_Societies_and_Psychological_Warfare.pdf

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx

source for those interested

Why the fuck would I kill an animal and wear its skin? I'm not a sociopath.

I was raised with both.

Stop not being a sociopath then. Why wouldn’t you skin an animal and wear its fur?

I like dogs because I can't take cats with me when a walk, but as you are a lardass american you wouldn't understand this point
Also dogs can do a lot of things, cats are completely useless

cats are weak little pussies who leech off humans. Dogs are based and could eat you if they wanted but choose not to because they are chill

most polish post ever

cats aren't pets you fucking mong

Attached: hhh.png (1107x2219, 104.82K)

>seething catboi thread
Lmao God damn

toxoplasmosis victim

>leave cat alone outside
>doing fine with an unsurpassed KD ratio that can even fucking threaten the local ecosystem
>leave dog alone outside
>dies
Wow, dogs so strong and noble!

>angry catboi noises
kek

I have always been raised more so around cats and have a natural affinity towards them but i think having a dog is more pragmatic especially living rural

>typical dogfucker cope
Topkek

>America Online keyword
fuck that takes me back

Attached: well now.png (1572x1097, 1.85M)

>NOOOOO U FUCK DOGS
lol weird furry catboi projection