How did people get to work on time 50 years ago without alarm clocks?

How did people get to work on time 50 years ago without alarm clocks?

Attached: 18e.png (600x436, 163.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker-up
youtube.com/watch?v=PlhPPnFtkys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the alarm clock was invented in 1787

you do know that you have internal clock and if you think you have to wake up early on next day your body will get you up early?

rooster crows

Yeah people had alarm clocks 50 years ago kek
but as for the old days villages had town bells

If they were late they were docked a days pay, beaten. Humans are remarkably adaptable

50 years ago was 1972, we didn’t even modern transportation so you couldn’t get to work on time even if you wanted to. So there was no need for alarm clocks.

Top lel
Op reet

Yes, but like the television and automobile I doubt every labourer could afford

chinknadians dont have those?

Attached: 5746554.jpg (480x640, 139.25K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker-up

I have trouble getting out of bed. I sleep in all morning until mid afternoon and edge my pecker

>go to sleep at 10 PM without watching TV or Internet or playing video games
>wake up early naturally once the sun starts to shine a bit, or the sounds of the community waking up reach your ear
The smart screen jew is making you stay up too late, ruining your natural clock which makes you get bad sleep. Try removing electronics from your life, go to sleep early, remove the alarm clock and see how well you sleep and how you wake up way easier.

We were sll antiwork back then so it didn't matter.

Christ Almighty!

>A knocker-up, sometimes known as a knocker-upper, was a member of a profession[1] in Britain and Ireland that started during, and lasted well into, the Industrial Revolution, when alarm clocks were neither cheap nor reliable. A knocker-up's job was to rouse sleeping people so they could get to work on time.[2][3] By the 1940s and 1950s, this profession had died out, although it still continued in some pockets of industrial England until the early 1970s.[4]

I learned in my Latin class that people woke and began their with the dawn. Days were naturally longer in Summer and shorter in Winter, so naturally the Summer would be a more productive time; however, in reality the most productive times of the year were actually planting and harvest i.e. Spring and Summer. This was true for almost all settled agrarian peoples on the planet though, and it held true until the invention of consistent time systems whereupon public devices such as bells were used to mark regular intervals.

Women.
Men would try to wake up before their wives and leave early.

>How did people get to work on time 50 years ago without alarm clocks?
>How did people get to work on time 500 years ago without alarm clocks?
>How did people get to work on time 5000 years ago without alarm clocks?

Attached: 1593498600112112866.png (800x534, 411.27K)

Not only did they have alarm clocks, they were pretty nifty looking.
youtube.com/watch?v=PlhPPnFtkys

Attached: flip clock.jpg (1500x1203, 174.7K)

lmao

Attached: 1550333034365.gif (815x815, 709.65K)

They used roosters and the more wealthy would used time horses as they were portable. They would neigh every half-hour. The intellectualy inclined used magnets, as they always have and still do to this day.

Attached: 1643364341490.jpg (400x400, 24.47K)

They had carefully measured systems of reward which dated back to pre-history.

That's an excellent question! I think they just looked at their clock every now and again, and reminded themselves when they needed to be up by. Just my 2 cents.

We had our chamber maids wake us. Poor people used telephone services that called at a given time.

Attached: 5d25ea077d601bc2a58bfede8c871e8a--french-maid-anime-maid.jpg (720x640, 80.12K)

They had a window facing est in their room.

I would NOT fuck with that chicken, holy shit he's ripped.

What about 1786 then? Everyone’s just runnin late?

They had alarm clocks and before that they had window tappers who'd go around with sticks and tap on windows to take people up. Before that you mainly worked for yourself on your own land so it didn't really matter what time you got up but roosters are annoying as hell.

Also just simple habit. No one really needs an alarm clock after a few months of habit.

>alarm cocks
kek

Animals, Church/Bell tower, people paid to do so, naturally with good habits, the sun, etc.
What kind of retarded thread is this?

There was no late. Most towns had clocktowers and churches anyway so you knew from the bells what hour it was roughly and just as a general rule nothing was really that time sensitive. It's the same in many undeveloped countries even today. You agree to meet at noon and give or take half an hour on either side since it's not that important. It's only half hour or so not that big a deal.

Factory work was very different to every job throughout history and only since then has time been so important regarding work or life.

Do you know what a time negro is? You kids probably don't learn that anymore in your liberal pedogay courses.

Attached: rooster-crowing.jpg (1021x681, 87.36K)