Incomming crisis : France electricity sabotaged by EU and globohomo

If you weren't convinced by other schizo rants, this will, user. We're fucked and (((they)) are responsible.

>long post
>inb4 liberalism is cancer
>Pic related of EDF's market value crashing this January

Little backstory. In France, we have a national 'private' company that runs the electricity, called EDF (Electricité de France/Electricity of France) and just like the SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français/National Society of French Railroad) they have a monopoly on the market - an "open" monopoly, as in anyone can come into the competition, but they're too powerful and historically speaking they're too old to be worth it. This means they regulate the "market" themselves, but because they're national, they run it for the interest of people, so it's no cyberpunk dystopic shit with high bills for a lamp. It was fine for decades, dare I say a century. Note that France is the leader in Nuclear research and powerplants, we're also good with hydraulic. Hence, with Nuclear alone EDF covers France's expenses, add hydraulic into play and we used to sell the electricity to cucked nearby countries - and cheap electricity.

>and then they came

So y'all aware we have a globohomo gov now since 2017. But the problem starts in 2008. Energetic crash for Oil, prices are 10 times higher and third parties electricity sellers are going bankrupt. Europe, in all its glory, decides monopoly bad competition good. 2010 a Law is passed on that matter. As peak neoliberals, "Market will regulate itself, and with more competitors, the prices will be cheaper", as such EDF was FORCED to sell 100 TW/h at 42 euros, called "ARENH tarrif" or some shit around 2012. At that time, price for electricity wasn't too far away (around 60 bucks). Years go by, third parties make competition, but the market is getting worse, mainly due to Coal powerplants and Gas expense. But EDF still has to sell at a fixed price.

>mfw post too long
>continuing below
>summary further down the road

Attached: edfat_1.jpg (1200x654, 65.71K)

So EDF are going to go pop if things continue?

Liberals litterally desteoy any well working system they touch
It's like a autistic toddler with a screwdriver who has been unleashed in a motor shop

So, EDF has to sell at a fixed price. Competitors are on the rise.

>Remember the gov I talked about earlier?

So (((they))) are in power now, we're a little fucked, because they're liberals. Copying Germany in all its failure glory, Macron went "Nuclear bad let's close our powerplant". So they closed a big powerplant recently.

The problem is that more competitors are coming, and lately the 100TW/h isn't enough. So they have to buy on the EU market. Prices skyrocket, they're now 200-300 but it peaked at 600 euros (I think it's per KW/h).

>Oh god oh shit

Late 2021, prices are rising and competitors start damage control. We're December now, and there's a little problem : EDF sold it's 2022 electricity in December 2021.
>panik
But the prices are too high for French consummers
>Oh no they're seeing the cracks
>Gov on damage control mode
We're January 2022. Gov say they'll rise ARENH to 120TW/h. Problem : there's nothing left, they shut down a powerplant after all. EDF has to buy on the market the 20TW:h missing, at market price (300 euros), the joke is that they'll resell it at 46.
>16B euros cost with other stuff
So, big problem. Solution? Inflation.

But other consequences : the EDF's offer isn't good anymore, it is said it could rise by 44.5% in February. So French people will pay the bill. But competitors are also panicking : they either bankrupt, refuse new clients or higher prices.
The gov wants to keep the raise at 4%, hence more inflation and reduction of taxes on certains areas (benefits the rich).

So the plane has 2 engine on fire basically.

Summary :
>Europe wants to end EDF monopoly on France electricity, forces it
>Competitors come
>Libs shuts down Nuclear powerplant cuz muh planet
>Too many competitors
>Market prices explodes
>But EDF still has to sell at cheap price
>Panik
>Damage control done, we will have inflation
>Incomming energy crisis

Bump

Yes there's a very high risk of it going bankrupt, to fight that the gov is doing crazy shit.

What's worse is that it entirely ran on "clean" energy. Now we'll go Germany style and reopen coal powerplants. Europe literally caused all of this. We were doing fine, but by forced competitions prices are fucked up. Then, Macron came and start shutting down powerplants, causing electricity shortages compensated by buying electricity at high cost.

The thing is, investor are fleeing the boat, EDF doesn't have any money left to invest in R&D and in keeping powerplants in good shape.

>be g*rmoney
>be retarded
>"we need to decarbonize"
>????
>shut down all nuclear reactors, because somehow THAT is the cause of massive carbon emissions
>lose generation capacity
>rely on "renewables" instead
>they're totally useless and need to be buffered with gas and coal
>clear whole forests out for coal mining
>rely more than ever on Russian gas imports
>France's nuclear fleet can pick the slack up still though
>"zis nicht kan be tolerated"
>convince France to stop building new plants and start shutting down current ones.
>Russia cuts the gas
>"ach mein gott, it's like when Auschwitz ran out of gas all over again"

I don't know how you frogs haven't went to war with the fucking krauts over this.

>"Market will regulate itself, and with more competitors, the prices will be cheaper", as such EDF was FORCED to sell 100 TW/h at 42 euros, called "ARENH tarrif"
While that might have been the claim, that is plainly not markets regulating itself, but the exact opposite.

Oh yeah and another incomming expense for EDF : you know with "muh planet" retards CO2 emissions are fixed. It also applies on Energy. France never had to do anything about it. Now they will, and since everyone exceeds the maount anyway there are some sort of "tickets" that bypass the quotas. You buy them and you can exceed - yet another price to pay for literally no reason at all.

Yeah, they're at fault. Our economy minister wanted to reorganize the whole thing, Krauts denied it - but the globohomo minister did not pressed charge cuz "muh we luv germans".
The market price inflation is their fault too : reopening and operating coal powerplants is quite the expense, add the embargos on Russia - Putin retaliate with gas prices.

See the whole shitshow? Pic related

Attached: 27d.jpg (680x378, 17.27K)

Oui, j'adore.

Attached: ad7d3894-3d8a-4f7a-9e09-fe26197d2866.jpg (1000x1000, 68.98K)

All part of the globohomo plan to crash the West. The opposition to nuclear plants has to be the most egregious example of why this has nothing to do with MUH climate change.

Very informative, thank you user.

I am not French, but I can comment on my temporary stay here. First of all, I am surprised by just how often the electricity goes out. It's like a third world country. Literally happens every single month.

Also, my electricity bill is 200€/month ever since things cooled down in October. I live alone. This is folly.

If a right wing candidate were to win, who would it be?

all good for Russia

Wouldn't be a problem if you weren't growing your population at 1m peeps every 3 years.

Yeah, it's literally third world country.
I personally never experienced power cuts apart from damaged lines.
But they apply third world country solutions, in particular hyperinflation due to printing money.

Things WILL go bad. And of course, it happens during presidential elections. There's a significant chance of uprising.

kek

I don't think there's any point in using "right wing candidate" as a category. Micron is considered right wing here.

Well, they come for your ass Britanon. France is like a checkpoint for most of them. But as much as I hate migrants, they're not direct problems : competitors literally did this alongside Germany's shitshow.

hold up. lemme see if i can trade this on robinhood...

nope... cant buy shares... damn.

How do I profit from this

I say Zemmour. Realistically, he's the only one. Other based right wingers are unable to get votes, and Le pen is a sold out.

Nevermind his anti-migrant policy, he also wants to pump industrialization up and saying "fuck carbon emissions" to make us less dependant on others, alongside building more nuclear powerplants and I think he mentionned killing off the ARENH thing.

Why have you all turned out your nuclear powerplants. I mean shit, what are you, fucking retarded or what? Both of you, Germany and France.

we cant man, thats the lame part. currently i am thinking of buying shares on the $wood ETF because the freedom convoy. No truckers hauling wood means it will go up in price and we will make some money.

Fuck, EDF are one of the biggest utilities in the UK too.
We might have to step in to protect British customers

It's all so tiresome

Attached: 1641328972442.jpg (840x1024, 107.33K)

200e/mois ????

You cook jew in a oven to reach that bill ?

Lemme make it more simple for you:
Zemmour, Pecrese or Le Pen?
Based on the people you speak to personally

>ARENH
Qui?

>close school classes, close hospital beds, shutting down powerplants
>all during a "pandemic"
i'm starting seeing a pattern here...

(((Government))) strikes again!

>Libs shuts down Nuclear powerplant cuz muh planet
So this is the only problem, not competitors. You frogs should build another 10 nuclear power plants sell electricity to competitors.

>200e/mois ????
>You cook jew in a oven to reach that bill ?
kek

ARENH or "Accès Regulé à l'Energie Nucléaire Historique"/Regulated access to historical nuclear energy. It's basically "Oy Ey, we need others to profit from you, so we'll just force you to sell 1/4 of your electricity at a ridiculously cheap price!"

Weird, I read some reports in German media and they're all saying Zemmour doesn't stand a realistic chance.
They're almost shilling Valérie Pécresse and a showdown between her and Macron is more likely. All while almost demonizing Zemmour.
Shenenigans....

Nah, building powerplants isn't fast and no one besides a few wants to do it, again due to libs. Shutting down competitors, that weren't there before and are uneeded, is better : THEY make the market price go up. EDF was already selling its electricity well, but the fixed price is a bummer

I don't mean to be rude but I don't understand how French people can live like this. All they do is pay absolutely crushing taxes and wonder why they have no social mobility - but they never make the connection. It seems impossible to get ahead here. Not to mention the money machines on every highway. Toulouse to Grenoble is like 80€, one way, in fees alone.

And in exchange for these taxes they get a 3 week queue to a goddamn family doctor, and petrol will be 2€ a litre in a few months. The electricity goes out every month, and I'm paying 0.60€/kWh BEFORE tax. Millions of French suffer major 48h+ internet blackouts every month (including Paris). The vaccine pass protests have achieved nothing, and the gilet jaunes are compromised. Not to even mention the crime rate.

How have they not beheaded the rulers yet? Is there anything the French will not put up with?

>liberals
Do I need to say anything else?

Didn't know that, but not surprised. It's the same here, they put Macron at 25% intention vote, all the while being very much NOT popular. Pecresse is just another Macron, same political line. So yeah, there's a bit of a pattern here

Have you read that book ‘Submission: the novel’? I just pirated it, is it good? It’s by that famous French author

No I haven't, I'm a law student and a lazy ass, I don't have much time to read a lot lately, I've been focused on my history books instead, hope you'll find what you seek however

I can feel you frogbro

We need to build 4 more reactors, extend Dukovany and temelin NPP.

Constant bitching of various eko groups, often sponsored from abroad (read germany) is hilarious.

Recently political pressure from the eu forced our weak politicians to disallow russian rosatom company from biding in the Dukovany tender. Only company in the world that has experiences in building NPPs and is not financialy fucked as Westinghouse

Sharing a continent with g*rmans is like a nightmare.

>EDF builds hinkley point c in UK
>Gov gives them fantastic guaranteed price for power well above the market rate
>10 years later electric prices have quadrupled but they are still forced to sell at the old price

haha our gov did something good for a change. by accident of course, but still.

Attached: _methode_times_prod_web_bin_358153ec-60ca-11eb-8bcc-6c1a7cf205dd.jpg (3175x2116, 776K)

>>Too many competitors
Could you elaborate why too many competitors are bad? I don't get this point. Please no word salad froggie.

It's coming I feel, there's a growing anger about everywhere. You just need to drop 1 bomb to imediatly red pill on the gov. Zemmour is putting hope of change, so it's under remote control now, but that's very unsure. Yellow Jacket protest demonstrated that for little gas price inflation (at the time at least), literally a nationwide riot sparked. And guess what, covid came, and the gov took laws and shit to forbid demonstrations and all.

Attached: 1638373139858.jpg (405x405, 69.58K)

>200e/mois ????
>You cook jew in a oven to reach that bill ?
Fucking kek!!!

You must secure the existence of the nuclear power plants and the future of more nuclear power plants.
Shutting down them created a man made shortage in electricity hence resulted a higher price of it on market. Even without competitors you will experience blackouts simply because there isn’t enough electricity for demand.
Competitors don’t create the demand, they’re just in for market profit. The demand is how much electricity is required in society to cook a Jew in ovens.

Kek

No, just electric heating, electric stove, and electric water heating. But I probably cook multiple jews-worth of flesh with expensive electricity. The food standards are really quite impressive here, I cook a lot more often.

I think Le Pen has a zero chance because of her baggage, while Zemmour has an insignificant, but possible chance.

From the normies I talk to, they will hold their nose and vote for Macron because otherwise democracy will be lost to fascism. Either that or the Green woman.

>Millions of French suffer major 48h+ internet blackouts every month (including Paris)

??? never happened to me

Basically, on a previously competitor free market, due to the forced ARENH, many came. The fixed 100TW/h at 42 euros was imense profit, so a lot more came. But then too much. At one point, the 100TW/h limit was unable to fullfill the demands, so to compensate, prices go up.

The best part of renewables is that while the sun is shining and solar panels are producing electricity, you still have to burn coal in the coal power plant to keep it warm in case there's a cloud and you need to start producing electricity. Otherwise it would take days to start a coal power plant

Last time i checked there are no french in paris

Godspeed user

>How have they not beheaded the rulers yet? Is there anything the French will not put up with?
The frogs are the people who put up all these for centuries then suddenly snap.
Before the Revolution they lived in shit life for more than 1,000 years.
After the beheading the cycle repeats.

Île de France and Rhône Alpes were the most affected

>including paris
It means it only happens in Paris.

Ah I get it, thanks. So the cause is rather the initial fixed price which lead to more artificial competition.

I was actually considering buying the stock of EDF because it has gotten so cheap and I think France will focus more on nuclear energy in the future again. I guess I was wrong about it?

bump

Attached: 88mm red pill.jpg (664x941, 198.37K)

Where do you come from by the way?

Also I think Zemmour has more chances that many wants to believe : on the internet, an AI calculated he is the most popular. The problem are the boomers. I think when the debates will come Zemmour will take the flame, he has a decade or 2 of experience in this. Macron is really unpopular among the majority of the lower wages, but I'm in a private uni rn, many are either undecided or not against Macron, but defo against Zemmour. The media did a good job. So idk, we'll see

Would you guys really vote for Zemmour ? Sure he has based rhetoric, but he seems like an obvious psyop trap. Yes I know theres no one electable else. Same as here.

The whole competition is artificial from start, that's the thing.

I'd suggest you wait more. Nuclear energy has future tho, Macron is doing damage control and wants to reopen more, and Zemmour who is likely to be in the presidential run, plans to do that as well. I'd suggest you wait, the stock WILL go down, even if I have 0 experience in this area, I know for sure EDF is getting real fucked rn.

I will, the thing is that he is not a politician, and has been saying the same thing for decades and is regulary put before trial for this, he still has a beef with Justice on going right now for saying, basically "Vichy france not so bad".

Does that mean Any Forums bros should buy the stock now that it is cheap?
Macaroni would not let that company die right?

I'm an eternal anglo contractor in Rhône Alpes.

Yes, Zemmour is extremely popular on the internet, but so was Le Pen, so was Gerry Wilders, and so was Bernie Sanders. Young people don't vote. I agree that there is a possibility of him winning, but I think it's smaller than of Micron getting re-elected. And that's saying something...