New Zealand bros

biggest news outlet is running this story and saying puberty blockers should stop being prescribed
IT'S OVER

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-15 6.47.50 PM.png (652x536, 225.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bU1xXvy7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>In April last year, I wrote to the Minister of Health, asking whether the ministry was planning to review the use of puberty-blocking hormones for gender dysphoria. In December, I received a reply that it wasn't, and it was "a matter for discussion between a treating clinician and their patient, ensuring that patients are fully informed of their options (including any benefits, risks and alternatives) to make an informed choice and give informed consent".

The ministry provided information on the use of puberty-blocking hormones. In the 10-17 age group, there was a 66 per cent increase between 2017 and 2020, from 305 children treated to 505. The true total will be a little lower, but assuming prescribing for early puberty has not changed over time, the increase will be in use for gender dysphoria.

>I also asked about psychological assessment before prescription of puberty blockers. My colleagues' concerns highlighted the importance of proper psychological assessment. Case studies showed that psychological exploration could result in young people coming to a different realisation of their "embodied distress", no longer believing they were transgender. The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists' spokesperson now recommends a psychotherapy-first approach, because exploration of the patient's reasons for identifying as transgender is essential.

>The reply from the ministry did not address the question, making only the same general statement about informed consent. But I found another huge complication. New Zealand's current medical guidelines are labelled as "gender affirming" and imply that the experience of being "trans" is a fixed state - and the increase in numbers is because the social environment now allows trans expression. In this case, no psychological exploration is called for.

cont

>But "trans" is not a fixed state, as childhood studies and the experience of de-transitioners show. It is a truism that puberty is a time of flux. There are also new and pervasive influences in the social environment - especially online, even in schools - which make psychological exploration particularly important.

>I found few medical studies of regret and de-transition, although there are many testimonies online. The clinic in Amsterdam that pioneered the "Dutch Protocol" has followed up people to 2015. Reassuringly, it reported that less than 1 per cent of its highly selected group regretted transition if they had continued to the end of the process. But fewer than 10 per cent of the people in their study had received puberty blockers, and most received them after 2000. Of those who had regrets, the average time lapse was 10 years. So, it provides no answers for the larger numbers of young people with different characteristics who have been prescribed puberty blockers more recently.

pastebin.com/bU1xXvy7

whole article

We know where detranners come from

Attached: story.png (1290x3505, 1.51M)

lmao

jeez, finally over

do u have a website or page where you post these bc they're gold

It's an identity crisis among many in the west. Before i hit puberty at 12, i wanted to be an attack helicopter. Luckily my parents didn't take that to mean i WAS an attack helicopter, and needed to medically transition into being one.

>the experience of detransitioners
lol they mean like 5 of them who are terf puppets. most who "detrans" or desist are grown adults, most of whom never started hrt and the vast majority still support trans ppl

I should probably make one, or at least a thread in /vip/

Attached: 1657860849371.png (2048x2048, 418.94K)

puberty blockers should never be prescribed before 21, it's just common sense

I was on puberty blockers for years and nothing happened to me. My cock is well developed and i can grow facial hair very well.

Attached: 1662923453959035.png (1500x1400, 1.31M)

COPE. you will never sexually please a woman. you are castrate. you are a homosexual.

t. 6'5 high t chad

>calpis
Literal ching Chong from Korea

>denji
literal 4ft low t bottom from kiwiland

Do you also identify as being permanently stuck in 2016?

>Case studies showed that psychological exploration could result in young people coming to a different realisation of their "embodied distress", no longer believing they were transgender.
... is this some kind of conversion therapy?
god

probably
i mean some kids genuinely do but this article doesn't really talk about it at all

kek check out what the r/nz subreddit has to say about this. this is what normies think about you all.

Attached: GQEfbwhagaw.png (997x271, 29.04K)

Attached: 1662465428392202.gif (289x445, 152.03K)