Why was there so much pushback against "Super Straight" as a concept?

Hello. So I'm a completely cis straight guy that has a preference for biological women. If you guys remember, a year or two ago there was a movement called "super straight", "super lesbian," etc, that was extremely controversial (for some reason) to the point where all discussion spaces for it were banned and anyone that identified with it was called transphobic.

I'll preface this by saving I have zero judgement for anyone regardless of what identity or lifepath they choose as long as it's not harmful to anyone. I frequently read this board because I like to learn more about people's specific situations so that I can more educated on the subject. I pride myself in being a person that only cares about how good a person is regardless of what they look like, their beliefs, where they come from, or so on, when it comes to making friends.

All of this said, there was an extreme pushback not against straight people who prefer to only have sex with people who have the opposite biological genitals, but also a pushback against traditionally gay people (male or female) who prefer to have sex with people who have the same biological genitals as themselves. This was labelled "transphobic," and these people were condemned by the media.

My question is, is this a common opinion among the transgender community, or was this another case of a loud vocal minority making it look as if that was the case? If you agree that it's transphobic to simply have these preferences, can you explain why you think so? What does the LGBT community in general think of this?

I remember reading a lot of stories where lesbian women felt like they were being preyed on by MTF transgender people that wouldn't take no for an answer when they would say that they want to only be with biological women. I even heard similar stories from gay men as well. Not only this, I personally feel that these weren't made up stories because I have gay friends who have told me the same thing in one-on-one conversations.

Attached: retarded goku.png (975x869, 522.32K)

nice copypasta
it was by retards to trigger other retards, mainly twittercucks made and disliked it

who the fuck is gonna read all this
fuck off faggot

Well alright then I guess, I was just genuinely curious

bait

Attached: 1661904568905366.png (600x600, 328K)

twitter trannies get mad over anything, to be fair the people making it also get mad over anything, theyre very similar groups that just happen to hate eachother. there was a lot of backlash because they were also making it in bad faith and were trying to play innocent
its like 2000 letters the point of bait is to get much more effort from others into malding over your post than you put in effort into your own

>there was a lot of backlash because they were also making it in bad faith and were trying to play innocent

Yeah, that's why I tried to specify in the topic that it was "as a concept" and not necessarily the execution of the "movement" itself, since I did see it start to be co-opted by hateful people the further it went on. But I think there were some people who genuinely want a way to state their preferences without coming out so harshly as to say, "I don't see you as a real woman." That's why I'm here trying to get genuine takes on it from the community.

In the past, a post-op transgender woman was interested in me, but I was simply wasn't attracted. It was a bad feeling to see them so hurt over it, even though we had been such good friends before. I just want to know the correct way to handle it. I'm trying, guys.

No idea really and it doesn't matter, the vast majority of people are super straight, bi or gay so we don't really need validation, we just don't date trannies. No need to argue, not worth it.

Most trans people don't want to be with people not attracted to us; in fact we're t4t an outsize number of times. The issue is people use "I ONLY AM ATTRACTED TO [genitals]" as a not-subtle way to say "only cis [gender] are real [gender]." So obviously people get annoyed by that. In the, like, real world we're way more likely to get btfo/outed/arrested if someone hooks up with us and doesn't know we're trans beforehand.

Which leads me to my second point- being attracted to us is not a trick. If you are, you are, your assumptions are not things I told you to believe. That's one of the big issues with SS beyond it being a troll meme- how can you define your sexuality on a technicality that may not be observable? A lesbian is a lesbian because she's attracted to women; a straight woman is straight because she's attracted to men. A straight woman who's attracted to a trans man is still straight because regardless of how you cut it she's seeing a man- but a "super straight" woman who's attracted to a trans man all of a sudden must wonder if she's a "real" SS; does that identity actually have any material meaning beyond a simple genital preference? What if a SS woman hooks up with a trans man who has a penis/testicles, is she still SS? It is, in brief, as said.

It's redundant, insulting, and functionally meaningless. I don't condone "asexual spectrum" identities for the same reason.

Thinking a chick is ugly is never going to make them thrilled lmfao. But it is what it is; you don't need a fancy excuse to not be attracted to someone. You weren't attracted TO HER; it says nothing of the other millions of people on the planet.

>in fact we're t4t an outsize number of times
See, Superstraight is valid or they'd be gigantic hypocrites.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not liking trannies, but you don't need a special label for that. Especially not one that was and is just a big trolling attempt.

It was like a 2 second joke and everybody took it way too seriously.

Genital preferences are normal and fine. "Super straight" is just a separate transphobic meme to rile people up.

That's not a "sexual orientation" and we don't claim that it is, it's a preference. Like selectively dating people of a certain weight/race/hair color/eye color/fetish.

It's perfectly acceptable to state sexual boundaries without wasting extra words on dating apps. Supersexualities did exactly that, especially for lesbians.

just say 'no trans' thats it

And it's perfectly valid, no matter what you think it is. All that matters is how the supersexual sees it.

I think the issue here is the terminology of "super" straight or lesbian or whatever, implies that those who are willing to go out with trans people are a little bit gay or straight respectively. And therefore, the trans people themselves are not real women or men.

Genital preferences are probably a better dynamic. If penises are a disqualifier then it's perfectly alright to state that. The best solution would be to build them into the app and avoid any terminology issues.

Not really any of your business though, if that's the name they settled on then that's that really.

Cleary it's not a settled issue though. It caused significant kickback and has had trouble with widespread adoption because of it. If it was genuinely a well-intentioned attempt to create useful terms then it was a failure. Personally, I don't believe this was naive. I think the terms were coined to intentionally stir up shit, and they got what they wanted in that respect.

"Straight", rather than an identity, is a term used to describe sexual orientation - what sort of bodies you find innately attractive. Someone is straight if they only experience a sexual response from bodies with the opposite sex characteristics to their own.

If you find trans women attractive but are turned off when discovering one has a penis, you don't need a specific term for that. Having a penis is a male sex characteristic, and so it's natural you wouldn't find it erotic if you are male yourself. Accordingly, it's fine to not want someone as a partner for this reason. You can also choose to have sex with someone with a penis regardless of that lack of attraction, but so long as you do not get a sexual thrill from it being present, you remain straight.

However, if you see - for example - a nude post-op trans woman, feel attracted to the totality of her body, but then lose that attraction when you are told she is trans, this is not a matter of sexual orientation but an identity-based judgement; your conscious mind is overruling your base sexual response due to an abstract belief. Accordingly, if you assert as a blanket rule that you find anyone who is trans unattractive, not based on their bodily features but your intellectual understanding of their transhood, then that's not about sexuality, but your personal beliefs

So unless it's all about dicks and masculine bodily features, you're not "super straight", you just find trans people viscerally offputting for other conscious or unconscious reasons.