What to do if I have no one to drive me home from ffs?

What to do if I have no one to drive me home from ffs? Do hospitals have stuff to help with that or do I have to uber home? The therapist who wrote my letter asked the name of my 'support person' and I lied ab who it was bc I dont actually have one and I am scared I wont be able to have ffs if someone has to take me there adn back and be present there.

Attached: 1661651426546810.png (261x276, 82.73K)

get an uber or something idk

Best option is to actually have a support person. Is there literally no one in your life that you could ask to do this for you? They'd probably be glad they could help you this way, and shouldn't see it as too big of an imposition.

where are you getting ffs done?

right but what do I say if they ask ab the support person bc they asked me about one before giving me a letter and i am scared they wont do it if they think i lied
most people in my life i cannot be out to bc I dont think they would talk to me again if they knew rn. but there is one person who i think might at least consider doing it though I want to be prepared and have backup plans in case they say no

Attached: 1661810377634162.png (128x128, 29.64K)

I had FFS back in the 2000's and at the time Dr. Ousterhout was the king. (He was Deschamps-Braly's mentor). They had this thing called "The cocoon house" that was run by a lesbian couple that worked at the hospital that Ousterhout worked out of. They would provide rides too and from the hospital and a bed you could stay in for a week or two while you recovered. They stocked the place with liquid food like pudding and soup and stuff.

Shit was so cash, I really wish that kind of thing existed still, but my understanding is that it's not really a thing anymore.

idk yet bc i just finally got done with the dumb process of getting a referral letter but my consult is likely going to be soon. i just want to be prepared ahead of time

Attached: 1661815299306015.jpg (999x623, 70.35K)

that's amazing they were real life angels ;~;

They really were, they were the best! They basically converted their large apartment into like a dorm where patients could come and stay while they recovered. I bought myself a DSi before going, because I knew it was going to be literally a week or more of just lying in bed. I had the works done, and looked like a train wreck after the fact, lol.

The same thing happened to me when I went in for my orchi. I didn’t have anyone (still don’t) to rely on so I lied and said that they were on their way. After surgery they wouldn’t let me just walk out without a ride so I called a cab to be able to leave. Then I asked the driver to drop me off at the next bus stop cuz I couldn’t afford to have him drive me the whole way. Please plan your route back and memorize it if you’re gonna do this. I just barely stumbled back to my apartment and ffs is a much more intense surgery.

Fuck, I wish I had a lot more money so I could help tranners not have to do this kind of shit. I know you go through much worse things but the mental image of a bandaged lonely tranner staggering home from the bus station with blood oozing out of her bandages to recover from surgery alone at home is tear jerker stuff straight out of the most maudlin korean drama film

Firstly I want to say that I am so sorry you had to go through that ): And I hope that since then you've been okay
I am thinking of ubering back but that might not be an option depending on which surgeon I get since it might be really far. though i wont know for sure until after my consult. my insurance said that there was an option to do teh surgery in patient. Do you think I should do that too? Idk how long they will let me stay but maybe that will help?

I would definitely do inpatient if your insurance will cover it. Even just a days recovery under supervision would be good. Please try and bring someone if not. I’m happy you’re getting the surgery you need, please take care of yourself.

thank you so much (: sending good vibs fren

Attached: 1655487464851.png (256x256, 108.42K)

you can hire a post-op caretaker for a few hours after the surgery but it might be expensive
I think that's what I'm going to do for ffs but I'm scared of having to deal with randos as a tranny
your eyes will swell shut if you have any brow work done so you can't really go it alone

Just tell them you're going in to have a biopsy for something your doctor was worried about and after it takes a bit be like they needed extra tissue to make sure nothing was wrong

oh fuck okay well that is bad bc i was thinking i would do brow work (but idk yet since i still dont have my consult). Post-op caretaker may be the only thing to do if i cant find anyone else shoot ):

I am prob going to have nose work and definitely jaw work though I feel like they would be suspicious af. if they didnt suspect me being trans at the very least they would ask if i got plastic surgery or soemthing

Attached: 1657244000720.jpg (1448x2048, 636.31K)

Tell them you got plastic surgery then, you hate your face and you're self-conscious

well that is better than having to come out to them i guess

My parents drove me to/from the hotel but for the first 24hrs after surgery I also had a nurse (?) caregiver that the surgeon recommended. She was super helpful, applied ointments to my swollen-over eyes, gave meds on schedule, etc. My parents appreciated it too because they were worried and needed instruction.

Bumping because I need to figure this out too.

terfism has infected lesbianism too deeply for this to ever happen again :(

Wait, they won't even let you leave after an orchi if you don't have someone to drive you? I thought it was just a quick outpatient procedure and you could go to work the next day? That's terrifying because I don't have anybody either.