Would Naoto have been ftm if this game didn't come out in 2008?

Would Naoto have been ftm if this game didn't come out in 2008?

Attached: D9JFu_3XkAAJ2z9.jpg (500x697, 33.67K)

no, naoto is a trender. we all know who the real trutrans persona ftm is

Attached: 55-555453_condense-icon-tohru-adachi-hd-png-download.png (860x918, 198.94K)

I mean Birdo came out in 1988 so

Birdo is a meanspirited caricature of trans women though ("he thinks he's a girl")
I was more wondering if they'd have given him a serious ftm arc

no because the director doesn't know how to handle queer people that's why naoto, kanji, cathrine full body stuff, and exists

I mean its not like other years are super good with serious ftm arcs. Especially not Japanese media.

The best they can do is a theyfab

No. Naoto's dysphoria came from being a young woman in a profession full of hard broiled men who didn’t take women seriously. She felt like she couldn't both be a woman and be accepted as a great detective at once, and her entire character arc revolves around her accepting that she can in fact fulfill her dream and accept herself without transcending gender barriers. She even dresses a bit more feminine after the timeskip. Her becoming a pooner would literally be character regression.

Attached: tumblr_3b569447cb799b090e60e532a3546cf3_c9f25137_500.png (500x500, 121.8K)

fits the bill. predatory to women, a punching bag for his more masculine coworkers, lonely defeatist outlook, clothes fit him like a 10 year old boy playing dress up in his dad's closet, hrt frog voice

plus shitty mullet, no brow ridge, thin eyebrows and big pooner eyes

His dungeon is literally about how he has body dysphoria and wants to undergo srs
Making him just a girl who looks up to male detectives was a copout imo, his arc could have been way more interesting

Attached: 0f9c30bda42665542fdeef0dbed143bc8365e568r1-720-366v2_hq.jpg (720x366, 38.84K)

Lmao you wanted her to be a pooner detranser? It would be realistic desu

oh shut the fuck up about Catherine you don't know what your talking about

the cathrine stuff like everything else is iffy and just shows some poor understanding or reasearch. im not calming them transphobic and i understand why it's this way but that doesn't mean i can still think it's poorly handled

think that what about it is poorly handled? fullbody censoring a lot of the dialogue with erica was stupid and makes those dialogue scenes awkward since they just cut out for no reason. Is it qatherine in general your bitching about? It's just supposed to be a generic anime trap. The character is terrible, ruins any difficulty the game had and has no real satisfying conclusion but its never really handled "bad" in terms of rep

>His dungeon is literally about how he has body dysphoria and wants to undergo srs
Yes, and thankfully for Naoto, she had friends to pull her out of Pooner Purgatory before she did permanent damage to herself.

it's both rin and erica yeah theres rly cringeworthy scenes with and some bad implications imo. i can see why someone would disagree though. i don't rly care if the gameplay is too easy because of rins presence tho

That's because the game is a wish fulfillment harem simulator for otaku and all the girls have to be incorporated into that somehow.

Not a detranser just a pooner

Yes. The only reason he wasn't ftm was because the dev team was too scared to pull the trigger. They knew the backlash they'd get. They didn't have the balls to stand up to it.
Persona 4 was a mistake. The coward's choice. Persona 3 and 5 are infinitely better.

No.

>Her becoming a pooner would literally be character regression
To be fair, making Bridget trans was also character regression but they did it anyway so its not like that would be a problem

I liked p4, I thought it was fun that it knew how to not take itself so seriously. I didn't like p3 because it tried too hard to be serious and ended up hamfisted and edgy (haven't touched p5 though)

I wish they handled the queer characters better, though. Poor Naoto and Kanji... And Yosuke too, I think he's a shitwipe of a guy but it sucks his romance arc got canned.

Yes. Not only do they bring out FTM rhetoric wholesale about wanting to be born male, there's even a reference to chest binding in that one scene where the girls are like wtf she actually has big tits?? They were just too cowardly and conservative to actually go all the way with it.

>And Yosuke too, I think he's a shitwipe of a guy
FUCK YOU

I love him but I wish he wasn't so mean to Kanji :( I think I would mind his homophobia less if he was a closeted gay guy in the text

but bridget is also a problem