How many of you believe in god or are atheists?

how many of you believe in god or are atheists?

Attached: atheist.png (512x455, 211.51K)

>nooooooo what about the corpse's feelings

illusory binary choice

>being a theist when graham oppy exists
ngmi

atheist/agnostic cuz every religion hates trannies and i dont rly believe in any. but believe what you want, idk what the truth is :P

I think there's a God but I think God's a female and I think God only does positive things no negative things so there's no hell or anything like that and no love hate affair with a guy named the devil. I sort of like what some people say about Jesus but I really don't think that God is a being and like the kids said he believed in Jesus but he didn't believe in the old man that sort of is how I believe the old man needs too much of a hot head

catholic priests love them tho

jainism, hinduism and most branches of buddhism don't
quakers, reform jews and other progressive interpretations of otherwise regressive religions also don't
I doubt most forms of paganism would give a shit about it either

I'm somewhere between an atheist/agnostic and a clock-maker deist
I understand the feeling of there being a *design* behind the structure of our universe, but I'm not entirely sure that there's an intelligence out there guiding us.
In any case, we should explore our universe more (both in terms of "what's out there" and "how it works") so that we can understand more.
I find it hard to believe that any God would have gifted us the means to explore Their Creation and reason about It and not expected us to use them to their fullest capacity.

I am a cult leader.

shaking

"God" is a broad category.
Kaplan, a Jewish philosopher, defends the existence of "God" as the relationships people have with one another. Some tribes define an impersonal, natural God such as nature itself, or the Earth itself, or time, or the set of of things. I believe in the existence of all of those gods.
Towards the personal, conscious, rational, tri-omni, benevolent God of Sikhism, Spiritism and other religions, I am atheist. Towards the Christian, Orthodox Jewish and Muslim God, which has all of the previous characteristics PLUS the revelation to humans as its source of evidence, I am 100% atheist. I also think that the philosophy we have now has thoroughly disproven its existence, although, of course, despite not existing, he is a valid object for worship.
When it comes to the non-benevolent, non-personal God, which does not appear to humans in form of revelations, and has not necessarily interfered on the universe in ways that can't be explained by the laws of Physics (meaning the universe could have been the same without him, but he exists nonetheless as an unfalsifiable being), I am agnostic.

I'm a nihilist atheist attempting to transition into an existential atheist.

god is a mathematical formula

God is corrupt. Example: everything

I think the closest I've come to pseudo religion is the idea that all mathematical objects are in a sense real independent of the substrate the consepts are instantiated in. Mathematical platonism I guess.

If our universe is computable then it's informational content is isomorphic to some sort of mathematical structure. If this is at all true, it actually raises really interesting possibilities of escape lol.

Attached: EVA_I1rWsAAH5Eu.jpg (509x555, 31.11K)

Why do so say that? There are lots and lots of possibilities for a just and good god that would result in the world you see before you lol

Hopeful atheist. Because if YHWH is real, he's humanity's enemy, and I don't like fighting.

give examples

Either God is weak, and needs to be replaced, or is evil, and needs to be replaced, or isn't real.
There are no alternatives that aren't deluded christfags coping.

>give examples
1)
no one actually suffers. God replaces all people who appear to be suffering with philosophical zombies to teach ensouled humans compassion

2) God instantiated all possible universes with net positive happiness and our universe just happens to be kinda close to the boundary.

Lots of others too, but I'm sleepy

i've had a strong distaste for christianity for a long time so i rejected it and am halfway between science and traditional religion. i turn to science to solve my problems and questions about the world and i turn to my religion to consult issues of morality. although i generally try to keep my religious morality restrained to my own actions and i don't really try to apply it onto other people.

me btw

>1
God is evil, he created people whose only purpose is to suffer. Even if I am a philosophical zombie, I fucking hurt, that means they must too. God is creating a system that breeds sociopathy, because the only reason to help anyone is for yourself.

>2
God is weak. He could have just made more happiness for all universes, but couldn't.

Agnostic