Why is a "cure" for gender dysphoria not being pursued?

not a bait thread!! please talk if you have something to say

i don't rly have a whole lot to contribute myself to a discussion abt it besides anecdotal rambling but this has been on my mind forever. the only study on any sort of cure for it that i've ever heard of was that one in the '90s with a single patient and i wanna know why we haven't tried anything new since then, or at least why i haven't heard of anyone trying anything new.
transition is fine and all and i am okay most days after having been on hormones for a few years but if someone could give me a pill that really worked to get rid of my gd i would detransition so fast. don't we all just wanna be normal? or at least most of us? idk. maybe it's impossible and i am super uneducated i dunno abt all the sciencey stuff it just seems like something we should be looking into instead of pushing the idea that transition (while good!!) is the only solution when that doesn't always work.
(also i think if we do develop a cure transition should still absolutely be a supported option. i think that freedom to choose is important)

tl;dr we should be makin a cure for gd i think that would be good but also i dunno anything abt the nuance of the issue so i could be misguided or asking for something impossible

Attached: floor.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Well there is a lot not understood because no one is allowed to objectively discuss and study it in academia without activists forcing things that bypass scientific practices cause justice. No matter what it is extremists have to fuck it up for the rest of us.

is this really it? i had thought that maybe it was bc of activism and ppl feeling like it's a genocidal idea but i wrote that off as something only a minority of ppl would think as i haven't heard many saying that. if so that's super disheartening :///

It would be like an anti gay pill I don't think it's really possible user

I also would take the anti dysphoria pill if it existed

It either doesn’t exist - many past treatments have failed - or it isn’t supported by any higher powers. Activists just say stop and shut it down, fascist pick genocide. It is apparently difficult to treat but more modern psychology seems to suggest it as a symptom and not a cause. That said, I’m no therapist.

>more modern psychology seems to suggest it as a symptom and not a cause.
if it's a symptom of something else why not work towards fixing that instead? not that i know what that would be or if it's curable, either, but that would seem like the next logical step, right?

I cherish my identity and don't want it to be taken away from me. Most transgender people feel similarly. We're not transitioning just because it hurts, but to pursue our truest selves.

That aside, decades of insane psychologists trying wacky things didn't work, and led to a lot of suffering, so everyone decent has kind of given up.

Not totally but its a little understood thing and very hard to work around because ppl get so riled up. It a uncomfortable topic and ppl freak out over unknowns. Nature is not so uptight about nature and all these things are natural even if not understood. Real research and understanding needs to happen before anything can be resolved.

Because in all likelihood, we will probably be able to perfectly transition people (fertility and all) before we can cure dysphoria directly. Wombs are simpler than brains.

>We're not transitioning just because it hurts, but to pursue our truest selves.
i get that!! i feel the same way. but if my "true self" could just be some regular old guy i'd definitely prefer that. even if some other part of me has to be suppressed for that to be possible. i dunno. i think there is value in transition and that is why i would rather ppl be given the choice but i think finding a cure (if possible, which maybe seems like a naïve thought based on the rest of your post and what others have been sayin) would be valuable to have.
maybe someday, then. even if it takes so long that i don't live to see it.
this is also a nice thought, though, and i guess that would sort of eliminate the need for a cure. but i still want one bc i was born too early to catch this boat lmao
but i would really like to see that happen. i want future trans ppl to be as content with their bodies as cis ppl are :'))

>i get that!! i feel the same way. but if my "true self" could just be some regular old guy i'd definitely prefer that. even if some other part of me has to be suppressed for that to be possible. i dunno. i think there is value in transition and that is why i would rather ppl be given the choice but i think finding a cure (if possible, which maybe seems like a naïve thought based on the rest of your post and what others have been sayin) would be valuable to have.
It would be valuable. I'm with you that giving people a choice is good. But I just think most trans people would reject it.

There are already antipsychotics that treat this. Usually associated with BPD or bipolar in males

The cure is to have sex. Get topped and have validated for your male traits.

the cure is in realizing that gender isn't real and that flesh is just flesh. whether you have a girldick or a boypussy, you are whatever you wanna be because "girl" and "boy" are made up concepts. all that objectively exists in reality is different shapes of flesh. anatomy does not determine personality
and also getting laid, yeah

How much do you know about why people are transgender, user? What do you make of the biological correlations? I'm not a gender essentialist but I feel like what you're advancing is way too simplistic. Many human qualities are deeply seated in us and resist logic. You might as well try to persuade someone out of being in love.

people are trans because assigning a gender at birth is a retarded practice. people are trans because if your assignment is incongruous from your personality, you realize this at some point and you want to break free from your gender assignment, typically by switching sides but some people just say fuck it and go nonbinary.

because there's too many shekels to be made in profiting off of the psychosis of others via hormone therapy and surgery and what have you

I'm really tired of this historical revisionism. They spent 100 years searching for this mythical cure before they finally begrudgingly accepted it doesn't fucking exist because brain sex differentiation is incredibly complex. We can't even treat the negative symptoms of schizophrenia and we have no idea how depression works. Gender dysphoria is even more complicated than either of these. It's going to be centuries before the basic groundwork for this kind of research is even in place.

same reason nobody is searching for a cure for autism, it would be really hard to do it humanely and there would be all sorts of stupid ethical concerns. you can try to control the factors that make gd more likely but a "cure" seems pretty impossible

also offtopic but the way u type is rlly cute lol the pic suits u if that makes sense

My personality is really masculine and I'm a transgender woman anyhow. It's not about that. I couldn't even explain to you what it is about because in all honesty I can't say. It's some irrational flipped switch in my head.

>Because in all likelihood, we will probably be able to perfectly transition people (fertility and all) before we can cure dysphoria directly. Wombs are simpler than brains.
this. near-perfect transition will come sooner than even slightly-decent fundamental brain reconfiguration and reprogramming. especially because it's quite likely most cases of gender dysphoria can't be isolated to any specific parts of even any one's person brain, and even if it could then it would likely not be very transferable to analysis of most other people's brain

I predict we will have a reliable, true, full, permanent cure for most cases of gender dysphoria around the time we have the exact same for most cases of autism. not really because they're correlated but because they're both deeply baked into the brain and very hard to understand and address

>We can't even treat the negative symptoms of schizophrenia and we have no idea how depression works.
This has to be bait...