Why doe fags think that same sex marriage needs to be a thing...

Why doe fags think that same sex marriage needs to be a thing? Marriage is a religious thing and religions can chose to exclude fags.

Civil unions and civil partnerships offer all the same benefits marraige does. Why isnt that enough?

Attached: 1658693165683653.jpg (2048x1760, 324.64K)

I'm fine with a civil union. I think it's awkward and weird to try to force churches to play along. I think the marriage-equality thing was always more about legal rights than forcing anything upon religious institutions, at least the parts of it I'd consider legitimate.

>Marriage is a religious thing
marriage is a function of the state, not the church

>Civil unions and civil partnerships offer all the same benefits marraige does
Not true

>marriage is religious
christfags really think they invented everything

I'm fine with this from the other direction.

Abolish all marriages in the eyes of the government and replace them with civil unions.

Churches can recognize "marriages" with whatever conditions they want, but without any legal standing or privileges at all.

abolish marriage, it being a legal institution should have been nuked into oblivion centuries ago

This is the only real answer.
Churches can recognize whatever they want but they should have zero affiliation with the state. As such the state should not recognize whatever spells or incantations the various churches perform.

idc about the church part but we're not talking about the church we're talking about all the legal things attached to marriage
if the christian church wants to outlaw gay marriage in their buildings that's fine by me they can deal with the islam-tier perception people will have for them as a result

Guh I’ve always wished I could be a bride and wear a wedding dress ;-;

Me too, but I'd look like a disgusting hon. In the unlikely event I ever get married, I'll wear a suit.

it's just not, not when you love someone as much as i do

if i can reach it with all that i am i will be married to one of these two, and hopefully spend my life belonging to both of them

if i can only have one of them though it needs to be the Garnet

i pray that my health holds up and will not further burden me or them

>inb4 kys poly transbian
i didn't choose this it just happened, i can't not love them both and live with myself, and i came to realize i have nearly always loved a second throughout my life, i have chosen to accept it instead of fight and repress it, i was brought to this possibility by my goddess's blessings and i will follow this path until my death, it will lead me to whatever beginning or end i am meant for-

i accept that wholeheartedly, all other concerns are secondary, the rest of life is irrelevant to me, this is what i am meant for, belonging to these two and following my goddess's purpose for me with the beliefs she has given me, i will reach something of that purpose and love and venerate Her brightness through my love of my two )*

Attached: 9F6BFBA7-A00B-4F39-B8D9-4ECF44F9E9C5.jpg (952x1692, 620.61K)

>why do non-Christians celebrate Christmas?
same energy

but why should your religion be able to exclude me when it's not even mine, it's like banning alcohol for everyone because muslims exist
there are religions that are okay with gay marriage

Marriage is a state institution. Its history lies in many world religions whom can absolutely not condone homosexuality as they themselves chose to, but the state is not religious and should not have anything barring marriage between a gay couple, or (more to the point) marriage based on sex/gender at all.

Happily married for seven years now and I couldn't agree more. There is zero reason why this should be a state institution with a license.

>Marriage is a religious thing and religions can chose to exclude fags.
Marriage is recognized by the states. You can get married by a court. Additionally, there are religions that do perform same sex marriages, and other religions should not have the right to make the state void the marriages performed by those religions.

>I think the marriage-equality thing was always more about legal rights than forcing anything upon religious institutions
Then why did they continue demanding gay marriage in the UK for a decade after civil unions that literally granted all the same rights?

They didn't grant all the same rights, but even aside from that you're advocating for things to be kept 'separate but equal' which simply doesn't work

Since it has always been about "having their special day". They have zero respect for God or religion, it's all such a scam. Even WORSE is that the "Gays" don't make their own Church despite not being stopped from doing so. You know why? Since they just want their teampark day in the holy place of worshippers. They are disgusting.

You do realise most marriages are secular these days, right?