Play up otokonoko characterization in gook localizations

>play up otokonoko characterization in gook localizations
>play up tranny characterization in westoid localizations
>throw androgyne symbol on their hat for the luls
>collect mad cash
sneaky japs at it again

Attached: Guilty-Gear-Strive-Bridget-Announcement-1000x600.jpg (1000x600, 79.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rayforcegame/status/1556944650144862208?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

making nerds mad about inconsequential minutae is by far the easiest method of advertisement

Hey could you translate "onnanoko desu" for me please

dont care
wanna put my penis in it

>"play up otokonoko characterization in gook localizations"
t. both unable to read japanese and complete slave to one's own cognitive bias

do me a favor and google what "onnanoko desu" means. do that, and keep coping and sneeding

>Hey could you translate "onnanoko desu" for me please

"I liek mudkipz"

gonna take the word of actual japanese people over westoids with something to prove

thanks!

A single noun and a copula really are too difficult for you, huh?
Aah, classic

twitter.com/rayforcegame/status/1556944650144862208?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

you will never be japanese

>some random Japanese speculator
You can just go straight to the source(the fucking game) listen to the Japanese voice lines, and draw your own conclusions like a based femchad instead of being a sheep

nah im going to listen to actual japanese people lol

>he thinks the Japanese voice actor and the Japanese gamedevs who wrote the lines spoken by the Japanese voice actor are not, in fact, Japanese
???

literally says otokonoko in the jap description

thats from a real jap. a genuine gook. not a weeb with an agenda.

also you're a total retard for falling for the marketing scheme lol

>falling for the marketing scheme
1) I haven't paid a single cent
2) interpretation of media is subjective
3) suck my fat girlcock
Maybe actually listen to the in-game voice acting, the primary source, the core of the discourse and not a secondary source, and that doesn't even address the fact that otokonoko is a term dealing with expression and not identity and as such does not properly answer the question of Bridget's gender identity

you don't need to pay to fall for a marketing scheme lol. you could even argue that I fell for it by making this thread :o

again, i'll listen to actual japanese people and not somebody that has something to prove.
trans people should in no way be involved in discussions about matters of identity. like asking a depressed person how to be happy. very silly

>Maybe actually listen to the in-game voice acting, the primary source, the core of the discourse and not a secondary source
maybe you should do that yourself

It seems to me like bringing Bridget into Strive would always ignite our passions as people interested in GNC or trans stuff. Portraying it as a marketing scheme feels strange because we could argue than any product produced for profit is a marketing scheme and we're all suckers and rubes for not overthrowing capitalism or whatever. I'm just happy that Bridget is here at all, no matter what pronouns or gender-based terms you use for Bridget. I remember the Chihiro Fujisaki wars very well, and I learned that we should all make fun of people who start threads getting upset about what anyone says about it.
And, I find that final statement of yours silly! Depressed people who manage to find happiness despite their condition should be asked for advice because they've done a difficult task in a world not at all helpful to them. Then again, they're suffering from depression, not anhedonia! Similarly, trans people have just as strong of a sense of their identity as cis people. They don't suffer from some disease where they can't perceive their own identity; they know their identity and express it despite a society very much dedicated to working against their identity.
And, again, again, again; learn the language or what part of the language you need to translate the work you're interested in and draw your own conclusion. Being a sheep is bad for you!

"Onnanoko desu" is the literal sentence spoken by Bridget
Can you tell me what that means, user? I know what it means but I'd like to see if you do too

damn nice essay looks like I struck a nerve. not reading it.

speaking jap as a non jap is a massive red flag btw
regular japs are cool though so ill keep listening to them

>fighting game plots
who cares
guilty gear is trash
play Tekken

Why do I even try to engage in a genuine and honest conversation with people here? I don't know why, but I'll always try. It's good to be kind and try your best, right? I hope so...
I just want you to know that I don't hold a grudge against you

Based! Play Tekken, we have Leo!

because its a retarded argument you're making
unless you have native level fluency (you dont) I have no interest in listening to you
I have a degree in russian and I still defer anything I translate from ru->en to natives

>No tits
>Andro pin on hat
Trannies coping. It’s obviously a guy.

Why should I believe you at all and not believe a very simple sentence like onnanoko desu? How can I possibly mistranslate that? Your argument would make more sense if the sentence was more complex but it's about as simple as it gets

He's a boy. Trannies can get fucked.

Attached: 1650292057822.jpg (550x389, 62.31K)

i have no doubts that you know what it means but you dont know the wider context
which is why I defer to a native who knows that context and is stating that the jap localization refers to the character as otokonoko

She's a woman and the you're all just mad cuz now you're straight for Bridget

Attached: FZqV4uPVEAAF1w1.jpg (1456x1578, 213.63K)

Truly