Self irony

Can Any Forums be self ironic, even self sarcastic?

Attached: unknown-192-1.jpg (600x600, 162.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xB0uRt8xO2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We often are.

Any Forums sure can be

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-28-16-14-48.jpg (1080x856, 353.85K)

uwu :

irony and sarcasm are the worst. it is literally LYING about how you think and feel, and the humor is supposed to arise from the fact that people can somehow tell that they are LIES and not just your true beliefs. in actuality there is no way to discern between the two, which will either lead to you being confused or making you look like an asshole (depending on whether you are deciphering or making such a "joke", respectively).

This is an insightful post, and I feel the same way.
/s

>/s
not funny plus you’re a redditor

Attached: 555EE37E-BDA6-4DDF-9A2B-83BB42C025DD.jpg (717x911, 257.18K)

see user, that's just it
i deliver all my sarcasm as dry as possible so people believe that's what I actually believe

either the things you say ARE what you truly believe and you're probably a horrible person, or you have no respect for upholding a sense of internal consistency across your interactions with different people. you don't know who you truly are, you simply mold yourself into being whatever is needed to give you a cheap momentary laugh. you are no one and nothing and it's honestly quite sad.

I think you're just on the spectrum

>/s
Yikes.

Wrong
Good irony is when you make a joke knowing that the people around you will get that it is a joke and thus can laugh with you and maybe even about it depending on who was the target of the joke, yes it is offensive but goddamn it sure is funny sometimes1

youtu.be/xB0uRt8xO2c

someone was watching apollo13

it is not nice to engage in humor that excludes autists

>Good irony is when you make a joke knowing that the people around you will get that it is a joke
this requires an incredible amount of preexisting context that can only be developed through months+ of sincere interaction so as to establish a baseline from which you can begin to deviate, but even then risky jokes have the potential to just undermine any good-will you built for yourself. you can take it too far, or perhaps someone isn't "in" on it. simply not worth it imo

(\

where
do
you
think
you
are

>irony and sarcasm are the worst. it is literally LYING about how you think and feel, and the humor is supposed to arise from the fact that people can somehow tell that they are LIES and not just your true beliefs. in actuality there is no way to discern between the two, which will either lead to you being confused or making you look like an asshole (depending on whether you are deciphering or making such a "joke", respectively).
good post lol

>/s
oh honey.......

autists should allbe killed to be desu

>gender gas
imagine the smell