/ace/aro/gen

aromantic/asexual general
previous thread:
QOTD: How's the family?
Q&A/FAQ:
what is asexuality?
it's where one feels little to no sexual attraction.
is asexuality celibacy?
No, celibacy is abstaining from sex & is an individual choice unlike asexuality.
what is aromanticism?
Aromanticism is where one feels little to no romantic attraction.
Is aromanticism a sexuality?
No, it's a romantic orentation.

Attached: 94a7008559bc86a9a152b51b0a66c6bb.jpg (683x683, 18.32K)

>QOTD: How's the family?
They are going as usual last I checked. Also Any Forums didn't update the catalog properly on my end & now we got 2 of these threads.

Update: I deleted the clone thread. I did have a interesting conversation with another user but I thought it would be less confusing if we only had one thread.

I'm an asexual cis dude, does it still make me a chaser if I want to kiss trans girls on the cheek and lips

I don't think ther's a consensus on this. I'd say it still seems like a chaser even if it's romantic because you're still chasing after specifically trans
women.

well no I'd like to kiss cis women on the cheeks and lips too

Then you're just a regular alloromanic user.

is this a slur

>is this a slur
No, it means anyone who experiences romantic attraction.

considering this is a thread for asexuals I'm considering this a slur

>considering this is a thread for asexuals I'm considering this a slur
this is a thread for discussing mainly aromantic & asexual topics; I should know since I'm one of the OPs. also it's still not a slur, I have no Idea on how you came to that conclusion.

it's because you look down on these so called alloromaniacs, how dare they have an orientation

>it's because you look down on these so called alloromaniacs, how dare they have an orientation
I don't? Where ITT did I say that I look down upon them? I'm fine with alloromantics existing.

i wish we had slurs for ppl who felt romantic but no,it's not that

I can't figure out if I'm romantic or just an asshole druggie sociopath (diagnosed aspd).
>never felt romantic attraction
>get into short term casual relationships but always end with me bouncing when a girl confesses feelings for me
>long for the longing others seem to have for romance but I just don't feel it
>every time I think im developing feelings they go away once I fuck her
>feel so incredibly alienated when people talk about romance or anything to do with it
>feel like something in missing from my brain

*aromantic.

my dad is in another city with my grandma helping her to cover up from that stroke she had,he's fine i guess,and my mom is kind of stressed in general

>>never felt romantic attraction
then you are aromantic

Nice dubs.

ok when people say "first love" does that not imply that there are people who didn't feel romantic attraction until they found someone really special? I'm asking genuinely, that's what I assumed, and that maybe I'm just a late bloomer or haven't found the one. When people say that does it not literally mean first love?

How do you all manage the random sex scenes movies sometimes have while in a group?
I usually pull out my phone and pass the time since I don't want to stand out. Is there a better way to go about it?

I usually look off to the sides and distract myself mentally; thinking about some other topic works well here. Typically though I'm in a situation where other people will feel awkward and want to skip forward anyway.