What are the odds that congress passes a constitutional amendment to protect gay rights...

What are the odds that congress passes a constitutional amendment to protect gay rights? What are the odds that it includes anything to protect trans rights? What are the odds that it makes it past veto if it isn't passed in the next two years? I live in a state that isn't totally backwards, but I feel terrible for people who aren't going to have any protection before long.

Attached: KenRunner.jpg (1080x918, 39.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/12/british-transgender-woman-given-residency-in-safer-new-zealand
rnz.co.nz/news/national/333279/lgbt-asylum-seekers-granted-refugee-status-in-nz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A constitutional amendment has to have 75% of state legislatures agree.
There's a lot of red states

shit all depends on these elections and sentiment in the future, but also remember most democrats are spineless - they somewhat believe in the shit they say, but they sure as fuck won't risk their career on trying to pass it.

these fuckers should've stacked the court, not let republicans gerrymander the shit out of states and do it themselves, removed the filibuster and a lot more. if this country cannot protect the vulnerable ones, its institutions mean nothing more than dirt.

Attached: blank.jpg (256x256, 13.79K)

We literally need bernie to run and win if we want that, point blank. Hes the only one with vision and some kind of spine.

>Bernie
>Spine

bernie has a spine, but he also can't do politics for shit. a lot of people in the game hate him, because he's not the type of person to look for compromise, which is how you actually do shit in politics.

also some of his opinions are plain shit, but i digress.

if you want someone to change this country, it would need to be an extreme ideologue that knows how to play the game, work over the years to build up allegiances and once the time is right takes over and ensures their power will not be taken away in the future.

Attached: hmming.jpg (256x256, 13.01K)

pretty much what I figured, then. Fucking sucks if you live in texas right now. God only knows what's coming down the pipe.
These elections are going to be fucking awful, and everyone knows it.
This is never going to happen. Honestly, all these progressives pushed shit way too far, in my opinion. I know it isn't popular to say, and we might be in a very different place had bernie won in 16, but he was never going to. The progressive movement that popped up in the post occupy movement was such a fucking hugboxed blue bubble phenomenon. Suddenly everyone was a revolutionary who didn't give a fuck how the rest of the country saw things. It isn't just their fault, actual democrats have fucking no decent leadership post-obama.

When he routinely talks about political revolution, then immediately goes towards "lol vote for this neo lib who won't change a single meaningful thing", he doesn't have a spine
Also he was quite literally a Hillary Clinton plant

The thing is, progressives didn't actually push much at all
In the last 15 years, the most progressive change came from the conservative supreme court which ruled that sexuality and gender identity are protected characteristics
The "progressives" talk about pushing for change then do nothing the entire time

we don't know how the next few months will unfold and anyone that's telling you they for sure know how the election will go is trying to sell you on something.

you're a retard, even your sugar daddy marx would do the same in his place. when forced between choosing two evils, only a spineless subhuman would choose inaction, so that inevitably the bigger evil gets chosen

Attached: happykill.jpg (256x256, 11.32K)

gonna take a couple more decades until all the boomers are finally dead

unironically, do you think red state USA and Uk legbutts could become refugees in other countries?

0%

Republicans are going to dominate the next 3-4 election cycles due to gerrymandering in states, not only on the state but also the federal level. It's more likely actually that they outlaw sodomy and transition in several states and outlaw abortion on the national level.

This is not a joke. Pack up and leave.

>I love in Texas
Hi fellow Texan! Here is what's coming to our state as soon as Abbot wins.
Abortion is a crime. Leaving the state for abortion is a crime. Affirming a trans child is a crime. Gay marriage will be reversed. Sodemdy will be a crime. No fault divorce eradicated. Prayer in schools everywhere. Praise Jesus on government buildings. The tem commandments in court rooms staye wide.
Also all court decisions regarding gender marker changes will be unsealed and reversed. We will be issued documents to this effect. We will be given a time frame to update our sate ID and if we fail to do so we will be charged with misdemeanor impersonation and using fake ID. If we continue to fail to comply charges Increase. If we are cause in a public space during this time we are charged more seriously. If a child is in the public space we can have a secual offense added and put on a registry.
This will all be done before the Presidential election and all will be upheld by SCOTUS

And yet they manage to draw the most attention and be the most outspoken on everything. All of this environmental stuff... It's hurting the country, and we're begging Saudi Arabia for more oil. That whole push managed to get wrapped up in this "green new deal" shit. The pipeline shutdown might not specifically be leftist's fault, but the fact that it's associated with their policies is definitely their fault, and it's going to kill democrats in the primaries.

You forgot the ban on contraceptives and sex toys

Oh yeah that too. Also defending domestic violence shelters

This is hard to even read.
I wonder if all these Ted Cruz fans remember when he literally tried to make dildos illegal. The fact that he isn't seen as an absolute laughingstock... What a time to be alive.

>Even your sugar daddy Marx
Communism is disgusting

And no, when you continuously talk revolution and then drop it immediately, you're spineless. Someone with spine would have continued building their power even after they lose

Ron desantis is gonna be the next president

oh my god he's just like me

>I hate typing on my phone so don't edit for clarity. Sorry

>Communism is disgusting
communists make good criticisms, but they don't offer good solutions.

>And no, when you continuously talk revolution and then drop it immediately, you're spineless. Someone with spine would have continued building their power even after they lose
he's too pacifistic for that shit, you're taking him for some other person.

Attached: huhhhh.jpg (256x256, 11.5K)

The problem with the environment stuff is that they're doing it in the most retarded way possible
It's not "start building nuclear plants for the backbone of the energy grid, and slowly phase out coal and gas", it's "change immediately with no actual plan"
Child transitioning, or helping a child transition, is already illegal in Arizona. Surprised it isn't in Texas

oh, I just meant that I feel really bad for you being in that situation, my bad.

If it gets bad enough, probably

theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/12/british-transgender-woman-given-residency-in-safer-new-zealand
rnz.co.nz/news/national/333279/lgbt-asylum-seekers-granted-refugee-status-in-nz

CPS has already begun the investigation phase on trans kids. They haven't begun prosecution so families are leaving as fast as they can.
As far as I know Arizona has no such intention.

Good thing the EPA has been destroyed today, so we can go back to sensible environmental politics. Thanks for your insight.

Attached: Cleveland.jpg (500x334, 42.26K)

Oh. Yeah being in Texas kinda sucks. I feel bad for the trans kids.
The one who used to go to the church on my street has to flee. She can't even keep her pets. Apparently prosecution is going to start soon they fear.