I hate how religion makes people believe they're magically born to suffer for some inscrutable original sin and deserve...

I hate how religion makes people believe they're magically born to suffer for some inscrutable original sin and deserve whatever abuse or Kafka-esque nightmare they get for ending up gay or trans.

Attached: fio0v1wpp4u51.png (231x218, 5.15K)

Attached: 947B6899-F87E-4838-A0B5-04DC874B4377.jpg (750x1192, 186.44K)

I mean you can choose to look at it that way, but that's generally, at least for Christians, how if ought to be portrayed

The Bible is very clear that existence in this broken, awful world is rife with evil people and sometimes unfathomable natural suffering due to disease of disasters.

But the core message of Christianity isn't "Get over it." It's that this suffering isn't IT. There's more. And there's a way out, and that in the end, justice will be properly administered by the supreme law government. The word "gospel" means "good news" and it has been for people for thousands of years. It was Good News to the thief dying a torturous death next to Jesus on the cross, and it's good news to people like me who have suffered in our own way.

t. Tranner Christian

Not only are you retarded I genuinely hope you kill youself

You sound like a truly happy and stable individual, user.

Jokes aside, I have tried, but it was my faith that has given me hope and helped guide me through the suffering.

I hope you have a good day. Go outside. Talk to people. If you need to exchange discords, let me know. I'm not a therapist, but I like helping people.

And you seem like you need some. Have a great day, user!

I am genuinely a happy person user
My rage and violent fantasies are solely reserved for people of your ilk
You spout the most toxic narrative possible and then whitewash it with a smile
The church (and you) listen to peoples black and white intrusive thoughts of "oh everything is hopeless" and instead of teaching better ways to process emotions, you affirm these invasive thoughts and then promise that the only release is eternal loyalty to your cause and a lifelong fixation on death
Every single bit of pain in my life was directly caused by you, you supports among the most evil institutions on the face of the earth

It's not like your cult is much different. 20 or even just 10 years ago you would just been a faggot. But now? You think you belong into some special category.

I didn't do anything like this, user. The narrative I just proposed wasn't toxic at all... And it's the actual core of Christianity, despite what man may have turned it into.

I actually do ask people to find positive ways to deal with their emotions and constantly urge people on here to seek therapy. As it has done wonders for me.

Eternal loyalty to my cause? I'm sorry, user, but Christian teaching is full of philosophers and theologians expressing their pain and doubt and wavering faith. It's been that way for over 2,000 years. Read Augustine, for example. Hell, read the Bible. Ecclesiastes is an excellent example of this.

And a fixation on death? I literally said it's what KEPT me from death this whole time. What you call a fixation, I would call solace in the fact that this life of suffering is not all there is, and in the end, proper justice will be served and good wins.

I'm sorry user, but I have not caused any pain to you. I'm so so sorry you've gone through this pain. I've been so hurt by the Church as well. It was the reason I repped into my 20s. I had an abusive brother and a pastor father who knew what was going on and didn't care. I've cried and called out, begging to God to be made normal because I was so full of shame.

But that's my story. And yours is different. And I likely will never understand your pain. But I'm so so sorry nonetheless. If you'd like to talk more, I can pass my discord along.

I wanna help.

>i wanna help
Everytime you support your institution you are making the world a worse place.

Sorry you feel that way, user. I vehemently disagree. And I wish you didn't feel that way.

My faith made me a better,.more loving and stable person with hope for this world and the future. I'm sorry people in the Church have not been good examples of Christ to you at all

>Ecclesiastes is an excellent example of this.
Ecesiasties is the exact example of the toxic mindset I speak about.
Solomon, in state of depression, offers the most cynical worldview possible
But wraps it up in a faux optimism that god can solve the cynicism
I fell into the trap of finding this comforting when I was younger
But as Ive grown older I recognize it for what it is
Its racketeering
Its comforting the same way an abusive boyfriend is comforting
They come for you when youre vulnerable, make you dependent, and teach you their the sole source of joy
>many philosophers felt pain and anguish in their doubts
Yes doubting something is a normal human thing to do; a world view that causes pain and anguish when you question it probably is structured in an incredibly dangerous ideology. These men were being threatened with eternal death of course its painful.

The only reason I haven't an hero'd is because of the fear of hell/purgatory and having to answer to God about all my mortal shortcomings desu. Been struggling immensely between my failing marriage and struggles of being trans. My life looks so unbearably bleak and I've pretty much only known suffering since birth - constant sexual, physical, mental abuse, my only reason to live for the longest time was my best friend and he killed himself. Since then I see no reason to go on since my wife will be taking our kids with her, and all my financial security will be gone with them.

Ecclesiastes is the logical conclusion of a world without God. Eat, drink, be merry for tomorrow we die. That is what causes the depressive state for the author. It's the lack of purpose and hope and light. In it's full context it is decidedly *not* cynical at all because the whole of Biblical Canon elsewhere asserts the opposite. It's a glimpse into a world of doubt and hopelessness, and as I said, it's the logical conclusion of a world without a personal God.

Doubting is wholly normal, but when you read these philosophers, they aren't in despair because if they feel that if they doubt, they will be condemned to Hell. They're in despair because they realize the logical conclusion of a senseless world is existentially horrifying. It's that time and time again

Again, my faith has led me to live as a person who is proud of who I am, free from the bonds of what other people might do to me. I'm so sorry you've been hurt by these same people.

But at the same time, I think your understanding of Scripture is not in good faith, and is read , a priori, from the perspective that it's evil and not something that should be told to people. And that's not a good way to look at... Well anything.

I'll continue to tell others about what my faith has done for me. I hope you come to peace with your pain.

Hey hit me up on discord, then user

cassafrass#5941

Let's chat. We can talk through this

Meh, you get used to it.
t.raised Catholic

>But the core message of Christianity isn't "Get over it." It's that this suffering isn't IT. There's more. And there's a way out, and that in the end, justice will be properly administered by the supreme law government. The word "gospel" means "good news" and it has been for people for thousands of years. It was Good News to the thief dying a torturous death next to Jesus on the cross, and it's good news to people like me who have suffered in our own way.
isn't this just the ultimate cope?

>I hate how religion makes people believe they're magically born to suffer for some inscrutable original sin and deserve whatever abuse or Kafka-esque nightmare they get
boy do i have a book for you

Attached: 31QvCynLrqS._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (324x499, 18.32K)

This shit is just a prelude bro.
The actual life starts after death.

isn't it funny that god sends you to hell for killing yourself? like, he deliberately made your life so shit that it became unbearable for you, and then he punishes you for having lived a shit life in the afterlife too

Attached: 1653939123949.png (800x800, 560.24K)

Attached: Atheist_Bus_Campaign_Citaro.jpg (1625x795, 117.12K)

You see cope. I see hope. The world having objective meaning and anything positive can't simply be written off reductively as a "cope"

It'd be just a cope if it was some far off, whimsical thing that I sorta quasi took solace in without fully believing it. But I do, and the reasons for that is rooted in both personal spiritual experience and revelation as well as just... Really good arguments and discussions with people when I myself was an atheist that led to that revelation

>for some inscrutable original sin
ngl, I can somewhat understand God in this regard.
I too am pissed if I put my stuff in the fridge with the intent to consume it later, just to find out 6 hours later that someone else got their grubby fingers all over it.
But the fruit thing happened like one hundred years ago, it was done by people I had no way influencing them, and given that he is the almighty creator, he could just spawn that fucking fruit out of thin air anyway at the cost of us having an 8-days week.
So why am I punished for this shit again? Yaldabaoth my man, stop being such a fucking twat and get over it already!

>because I just CAN, ok?!?

Attached: IMG_20220626_170621.jpg (715x655, 180.35K)

but there is zero evidence to indicate that there is a god, let alone your particular god. just because you strongly believe in it doesn't mean it's not cope

>wtf man you can't just have sex for fun and not purely to make babies