Fighting games and tranners

What's the relation between fighting games and tranners? Are people into these games prone to transitioning, or are tranners prone to liking the genre?

Attached: __dizzy_guilty_gear_and_1_more_drawn_by_kara_color__a75d46a78ddcedd1d13362604fd1e9a0.png (500x617, 340.69K)

Anything with anime girls turn some people into trannies

Fighting games are rare because there are even lot of ciswomen playing, specially at high level. And they also dont segregate on sex.
Its a weird community because they have the highest % of ciswomen, trans people and other minorities without even wasting money to pander to them like many other games do.

I liked fighting games growing up before "I realized I was trans" didn't help I was surrounded by two cisters(two dudebro partybro dudes) who were competitive. I grew up in the 90s so mortal kombat, street fighter, killer instinct gold were ones I played. The one I played and enjoyed and was good at was Tekken, I fucking love Tekken even today. Virtually Fighter 4 was my shit though, for...obvious reasons.
Although, nowadays it's not really my thing. I like adventure/rpg games, or cooperative multiplayer games.

Attached: VanessaVF4.jpg (900x1600, 375.7K)

Oh yeah, also another thing that makes them unique is that trash talk is part of the game. Lot of gaming communities have banned banter and trash talk on competitive level to make it less toxic, but fighting games are expected to have some banter, trash talk or crazy act. And it hasnt discouraged trans and cis women on getting in.

>virtually
Virtua

yea yea, like, i joined the fgc just kinda thinking "yeah, finally i can play these games with people other than my family" but it eventually became also a way for me to somewhat vent out my toxicities. and obv the games themselves are fun (i'm a pot main in strive)

I think its mostly the community aspect, like being toxic online come across as negative and aggresive, but offline everyone takes it way more chill and will even encourage your toxicity or laugh at it.
I also feel big part of it is that its a community game you play solo. Like in lol, gettimg attacked by your oen team because of a shitty play is way more discouraging than your opponent trash talking you. Added to that in fgc, peoole around you are going to make everything more of a "stay in the moment" instead of a bad experience that lingers through the day.
Dunno, to me fgc is facinating because it does everything marketing teams try to avoid and they get way better results. Like how many pro female lol players are and how many we see in fgc.

It's "might is right: the genre"
No one will give a fuck about your gender or what you look like if you are good at the game

yes yes, i do love the more solo aspect of it as well, it's something i can actually compete at, without needing to find people to team up with. and i have friends that i play with that when we're not playing fighting games, are super nice, but once we turn on the game, or start prepping for it, the shit talk comes out and it's so much fun. but while yea a lot of it is "stay in the moment" a set where you played badly or even an embarrassing loss can throw off your mental for up to the whole day if you don't know how to deal with it.

yeah pretty much, i had a group at my high school i played with, and pretty much everyone there was wildly different, but all enjoyed playing the same game.

FGC tranny here:

I think it’s because it’s a generally diverse community and most fighting game spaces do not welcome transphobia (some smaller scenes will, but my local scene is adamant about being respectful and inclusive towards everyone) especially because nobody plays these games and alienating people based on dumb shit like gender, sexuality, race is just asking for your game to die

>turn some people into trannies
how?

I say this true with the cabiat that are allowed to hold unpopular views, they just cant go and shit inside the community. Say it outside but inside you have limits.

I think it helps that there is powerful and high level positive representation all over the community very organically. It makes the scene feel like a good place to be yourself in.

Fighting games also also one of the few genres that console gamers dominate so much of the competitve land scape too. Probably connected. Anyone with an interest can play them.

i was the mightiest grappler main in my school!
wanting to be the anime girls
mmmhm!
also after watching high-score-girl, i felt better about my main archetype, as playing grapplers used to actually be a source of dysphoria for me ~.~

Grapplers are literal huggers, why be disphoric for being clingy hugger?

cute anime girls to self insert as
video game for shut ins
frame data and shit for autistic people
combos for people who just like doing repetitive tasks off muscle memory (apparently that's fembrained???)

Hi-Score Girl is very cute and good. I am kinda a grappler player but really I just like evil dudes who will mix your shit and they tend to be grapplers. I also can't do 360s or 720s for shit all so a fuckton of them are out for me.

my gf demoralized me too much with street fighter and smash so i wont play fighting games anymore

i only got into non-smash fgs in the past 15 monthsish but i really enjoy it fighting games are great

Attached: dontcare.gif (188x142, 70.94K)