Braces vs Corsets

Are there smart people with med degree/knowledge who can explain to me why braces for teeth work but corsets don't?
Wouldn't you ribcage permanently shrink if you wear corsets for two years?
Or are there some difference in bone structure that would prevent it?

Attached: 1fc96489d8.jpg (420x391, 23.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/health/retainers-after-braces#:~:text=A retainer keeps your teeth,position, which is called relapse.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just assumed it was the internal push from the diaphragm and digestive system that can undo corset training. but 4 hours a day of corset training to offset 20 hours of not wearing it is still a pretty good deal.

The teeth don't change shape, they get slowly moved inside the gums to rest in a different position. Ribs are hard attached to your spine and eachother

oh and the joints around the rib are cartilage, your not bending bones, that would be silly

it is not just gums, below thin layer of gums there are bones that are being reshaped by teeth

Attached: Blausen_0863_ToothAnatomy_02.png (1500x1500, 1.27M)

If you stop wearing your retainer, your teeth will eventually shift back into the same position they were in anyways.

but is it not what braces do? you are changing the bone below the teeth, am i getting it wtrong?

but if you wear it long enough your teeth are now permanently straight (as long as no new teeth like wisdom ones are start growing and changing your teeth position again)

ah i think i misunderstood you :(
()

No, they're not permanently straight, you need to wear a retainer every night for the rest of your life or they will shift back into their original position.

you need to wear a retainer for some time, not for your whole life, no?
healthline.com/health/retainers-after-braces#:~:text=A retainer keeps your teeth,position, which is called relapse.

ah i am a moron the thing you said is literally inside the link i provided, sorry i scanned it diagonally and didn't notice it :(

Corsets work fine, but most people can't be bothered to wear them as long as they would braces. You can knock an inch or two off your underbust.

Corsets do "work", they're just harmful cuz they crush your organs

i am not planning to live a long life

Not true.
T. Never wore my retainer after getting braces off and still have straight teeth 5 years later.

We know, you post here

this is a myth, corsets are safe as long as you do it properly

I got like 2 inches permanently off my waist doing heavy corseting 8-16 hours a day for 7 months.
More right after quitting but 2 inches permanently.

Woman who wore them a lot back in the day tightly, would permanently mess up there ribs and sometimes get back problems.
Honestly I'd still be corseting now, if I didn't make me feel like I am permanently struggling to breath. Also I think it gave me some back issues/posture issues, or at least made them worse.

Also by having trouble breathing I mean since quitting corseting. Feels like my ribcage is smooshing my lungs and insides together when I suck in some air.

oof
so sorry to hear it :(
what corsets did you use? and when did the issue with breathing began?

It began while I was wearing them, and was constant by the time I stopped.
Hasn't really gone away 3 years later completely, or even mostly.

I was using a functional corset I bought of amazon. I think it was a size 32 measurement.

thanks for the info, i hope i will not get such problem, sounds horrible :(
did you visit a doctor to get his opinion on your issue?
good luck with your health!