Why do i keep wondering if im not really trans and making a huge mistake

why do i keep wondering if im not really trans and making a huge mistake

Attached: FAGHyDzXsAMohJ0.jpg (828x803, 60.75K)

Okay so:

How long have you had dysphoric thoughts

How long are you in to your transition

Are you someone with a lot of anxiety? Do you ever find yourself unable to remove "sticky thoughts", and do you find comfort in familiar routines to "unstick" said thoughts

who cares lol, worst case you'll just glue it back on, don't be a little bitch

you are making a huge mistake

no clue, even though HRT didn't treat me the best early on and led to massive mood swings and weight gain, i still never looked back. couldn't ever imagine going off of it

Attached: commence.jpg (256x256, 11.13K)

>How long have you had dysphoric thoughts
It rlly became a thing around 12/13. Before that I don't think so really, though I had awkward feelings regarding puberty, the idea of facial/body hair, seeing some older kids go through it.
>How long are you in to your transition
Nearly two years HRT. Socially maybe a year to varying degrees.
>Are you someone with a lot of anxiety? Do you ever find yourself unable to remove "sticky thoughts", and do you find comfort in familiar routines to "unstick" said thoughts
Yes. Usually it's some abstract idea that lasts for a few weeks or months at a time and I just end up repeatedly looking up answers and threads of people discussing the problem. Most recently it was an intense fear of aging for a few months, before that the idea that I'd wasted too much time and a nagging fear of falling behind.

i still have a dick...I don't think I wanna cut it off
thanks

Attached: E_SsQCkVEAMS4F1.jpg (1984x1403, 892.21K)

OP you most likely have OCD. Treat that first

>Yes. Usually it's some abstract idea that lasts for a few weeks or months at a time and I just end up repeatedly looking up answers and threads of people discussing the problem. Most recently it was an intense fear of aging for a few months, before that the idea that I'd wasted too much time and a nagging fear of falling behind.

you need antianxiety meds

Attached: superior.jpg (256x256, 14.06K)

OCD? You think? I don't really have any obsessive behavioural patterns or repetitive tics, and I only do that stuff when I have those bouts of anxiety. Other times I can be fairly calm and not so worried about stuff.
But it does get pretty bad in those periods and I remember often I couldn't get the thoughts to leave my head for even a few seconds for days or weeks or months at a time
why? it only kicks in sometimes. I'm kinda skeptical and wary of psychiatric meds

I have adhd but idk if anything else, I didn't spend much time with my therapist cause she was shit and there aren't really good ones around here

Attached: E-rzGFuWUAcAoxt.jpg (800x450, 23.32K)

for sure go to a psychiatrist and tell them about all of your symptoms. not being able to get rid of obsessive thoughts is a sign of OCD, my gf deals with it and it's not the same as people present it in media. it's a fucking hell illness that destroys your mood and makes you feel like you're losing your mind.

irt anti-anxiety meds - there are meds specifically for episodic anxiety. some are ones you take every day, some types you take only when you're having a bad time.

if you don't want to do meds, then at least do therapy, although i swear by meds. even though i tried many and some didn't work, it'd be much fucking harder if i didn'thave my current medication

Attached: bruhh.jpg (256x256, 12.6K)

Apply the standard of "beyond all reasonable doubt" before you do anything, you'll feel like kysing if you don't

Can second this. I have similar issues wrt gender and obsessive thoughts and after a visit with a psychiatrist I was told I meet the diagnostic criteria for OCD

shit so this actually could be ocd? I know it isn't the "i have to have all my mnms organised" meme disorder but I didn't think just obsessive anxious thoughts could consitute as enough.
What kind of meds are for episodic anxiety? I've heard anxiety meds can be real bad and addictive
wdym?

Attached: EW3C.gif (500x276, 855.53K)

Possibly? It’s worth speaking to a psychiatrist about it if you are able to though. Nobody here can diagnosehv you

>What kind of meds are for episodic anxiety? I've heard anxiety meds can be real bad and addictive

well, most non-addictive anti-anxiety meds are the ones you take daily. also as long as you take them as prescribed, you won't get addicted

Attached: brokendown.jpg (256x256, 12.88K)

I'm in the same boat though not as far into transition - I haven't even started HRT yet
But I'm happier. There's no question that I am happier than I was before. I dropped my SSRIs and I dropped anti-anxieties. I don't have self-harming thoughts anymore.

So what if it's a "mistake"? And what does that even mean? I'm happier when I'm like this and the future only makes me more excited, in spite of the doubts and the fear.

So I guess that's my question. Are you happy? Are you happiER?

right
Yeah I guess maybe I should go back. Psychiatric just seems like kind of a sham and I dont think any around locally is really good

Idk I got on sertraline and I still think about this stuff a lot but it makes me way less anxious

You're making a huge mistake

The thread explains why. You'll get good advice from some people but you'll also get disingenuous bad-faith actors who literally entertain themselves with your worries and struggles.
Personally I'd say if you're a wishywashy people-pleaser type, you're always going to struggle with this because there's always going to be people who hate trannies and want you to detransition no matter how happy you are
my opinion? Keep living your life and self-actualizing. If you reach a point where you'd rather be a man, go for it. I wish we had a more culturally consistent method of affirming gender identity, but this is what we have

Not OP but I'm definitely the anxious wishy-washy people pleaser type. I keep going back and forth on if I should do it and like I'll really want it then get scared of consequences and stuff or if I'll regret it or something. Still repressing because of it, makes it really hard to start. It feels less scary to sit around feeling miserable and getting high and doing nothing to help myself. I've wanted it as long as I can remember and I repeatedly consider sh and rope over it and I still haven't been able to make myself do it.