Does this shit happen in other romance language countries?

I live in Italy, where certain (anarchist-adjacent) LGBT groups decided we must change the way people speak by making all words gender neutral. The result is absurd cringe.
Our language has gendered nouns, like Spanish ("Latino", "Latina", "Latinos", "Latinas") so, at first, they tried was to replace the letter at the end of every gendered noun with an asterisk (e.g. "Latin*"). When this didn't work, they tried to do the same thing but with the letter "X" (e.g. "LatinX"). And, last but not least, they tried to introduce a new letter called "scieva" (LatinƏ).

Now my university is starting to use these retarded letters "to be more inclusive of non-binary students". However, in romance languages you can already refer to things whose gender you don't know with masculine nouns, so this is all forced, as well as absurd and pointless.

Does it happen in your country?

Attached: due punti DDDDDDD.png (584x519, 24.29K)

what they tried was*

That's based as fuck. Fuck your shitty gendered language.

Anything to annoy Italians is a good thing

Same shit in Germany.

the italian “language” is an actual spaghetti mess already so i say let’s stir it up even more

>Nooo my genders
get fucked, abolishing gender is based

Attached: 1646574038550.png (421x519, 200.07K)

abolishing gender is a tranny fantasy

>he thinks trannies are pro abolishing gender
oh no no no Any ForumsACKS aren't the brightest

Attached: HappyTedros.jpg (966x1014, 141.7K)

it's definitely more popular in tranny spaces, plus "non binary" people are technically trans as well

Attached: chudjak smug.png (602x597, 119.28K)

>more popular
Not really
>enbies are trans
Yeah if you lump anything somewhat related together you can make any category work
"Any Forums is made up of graniterocks because neither sexually reproduces" to give an example

4channer*innen

4channys nach phettberg

Nice
Get fucked traitor

Attached: 1633480429698.jpg (828x958, 575.4K)

>
>...Anonymous
>Does this shit happen in other(...)
>06/24/22(Fri)02:58:30 No.26429409
>24 KB
>24 KB PNG
>I live in Italy, where certain (anarchist-adjacent) LGBT groups decided we must change the way people speak by making all words gender neutral. The result is absurd cringe.
>Our language has gendered nouns, like Spanish ("Latino", "Latina", "Latinos", "Latinas") so, at first, they tried was to replace the letter at the end of every gendered noun with an asterisk (e.g. "Latin*"). When this didn't work, they tried to do the same thing but with the letter "X" (e.g. "LatinX"). And, last but not least, they tried to introduce a new letter called "scieva" (LatinƏ).

>Now my university is starting to use these retarded letters "to be more inclusive of non-binary students".
>However, in romance languages you can already refer to things whose gender you don't know with masculine nouns, so this is all forced, as well as absurd and pointless.

>Does it happen in your country?

Attached: F2BAA60E-4A45-4BAC-8A92-44EF672C665A.gif (1200x1016, 351.72K)

In spanish we use "e" to make nouns gender neutral, it's better than an "x" because it can actually be pronounced.

It still sounds weird or even a little silly to me, but considering that I'm NB myself the idea of gender neutral language sounds great, and I hope it gains traction.

Most people in online tranny spaces are larping cissies

In 40 years time people are going to have to explain to their grandkids how everyone allowed this madness to happen.

This is also happening in Spanish-speaking countries, spearheaded specifically by feminist groups and the like.

In fact, Argentina has the inclusive language as part of their curriculum.

Imo, we are experiencing the process of language evolution, and the addition of new letters and such for limited situations will probably become the norm due to our societal current needs.

But it probably won't be a massive change at the end of the day due to most latinamerican countries having more pressing problems and adding a language problem would only worsen our already bad situations.

If anything, for those gender-neutral version of the words to gain traction, common folk need to be able to understand them and prefer them. But this is akin to learning a new language, which is already extremely hard for anyone older than 9 years old (from what I remember), and you also have to consider simpler rules in the Spanish/Italian language are often ignored by common folk already. So for it to really gain traction and not having any resistance, you would need to teach it to younger generations and for parents to use it too. And even then, you would need someone fluent in such a version of the language.

In short, it is a more complex situation than it seems at first glance, especially due to how hard it will be to make people use them addequately in their every day life when they have their native language profoundly-ingrained in their minds.

In my case, as long as it doesn't disrupt communication and doesn't create more confusions than anything, it seems fine. However, I believe non-gendered pronouns should be the only additions rn to my native language, Spanish, so people are able to assimalite them more easily and introduce it little by little. Forcing them will only create conflicts in communication (the main goal of any language) and make people think it is a silly notion outright.

>live where the pronouns for she and he sound exactly the same when spoken ("ta")
>her and him are also the same, just "ta" or "ta de"
>all teachers are referred to with a gender-neutral address (laoshi or jiaoshi)
>none of that bullshit where we give inanimate objects random genders
>plenty of names can be gender-neutral when given to your child

life is good

>am italian
>see op picture
>kek hard
where the fuck do you live op? I have heard of this mythical gender neutral version but I’ve never ever seen anyone using it. you should mention that in our language eververything but verbs is gendered and I can imagine why it sounds cringe. I can’t help but make you notica that anarchy has no rules therefore they’re just left wing groups if they try to enforce this. oh, one last thing, if you’re trans it’s already hard enough to transition, I can’t imagine how hard it would be for enbies to get to hrt “legit”.

is this mandarin? seems cool to learn

scevà vel schwa makes sense. it could and did even happen naturally, as weakening of the last syllable, vowel reduction. like in French. also Russians don't distinguish both -o and -a in unstressed positions