Thoughts on the progress pride flag?

I can understand the use of the trans colors, because they're on the queer spectrum. don't understand why black people are part of the queer spectrum??

I know that queer poc exist but that's hardly important, why not add every possible skintone and race i.e. east Asian people?

Attached: gettyimages-1253634341.jpg (640x638, 22.24K)

they really saved some time by having the white in the trans colors and by having red and yellow in the rainbow already.

Yeah the progress flag is cool and all, but...

Attached: 1655747010329.png (570x380, 21.89K)

Being black is worse than being a gay white man.

it's not about who has it worse I'm saying that they face different sets of issues, and it's weird to compare two minorities that have nothing in common

>don't understand why black people are part of the queer spectrum??
Jfc, the progress flag was made in response to BLACK TRANS lives matter. It's not for trannies AND blacks, it's there for black trannies and their significant role in improving LGBT rights, read Marsha P Johnson.

It's ugly as fuck and useless. Just like the new variants of the LGBT acronym like "LGBTQ", "LGBTQ+", "LGBTQIA++", etc.
inb4 muh representation

Being a Uyghur is worse than being a gay black man.
God, I hate dumbo Americans. Get some education and a world view you mouth breather.

The purpose isn't to add them in addition to the rainbow, it's to highlight the most marginalized intersections already represented by it.

Personally I think it's ugly and I don't really care for the trans flag being there. I'm also conscious of the fact that prejudice flows down hill past my white & passable life until it settles on the people of colour at the bottom of society. It's up to them to decide if their representation to be there and my opinion on that part of the design doesn't matter.

I personally think that the OG flag already represented all the diversity in the queer community, it doesn't need more colors, because the rainbow already symbolizes diversity on its own.

Same with LGBT, it already includes all queer people within its initials, adding any other letter is redundant.

Attached: giphy.gif (475x267, 332.26K)

black people are queer

the point is to show support for POC queer people who are specifically targeted and discriminated against moreso than white queers, i believe.

One of the ugliest flags ever created.

It's also stupid. I get what they're trying to do, but lumping POC with LGBT just screams rainbow capitalism. Blows my mind people are stupid enough to buy and display this shit.

I found these hanging in a shopping mall in Pattaya a few days ago.

Attached: 20220618_214225.jpg (1512x1134, 1.28M)

It's not a flag about pride anymore and no longer just about lgbt, it's a flag about broader support for all marginalized people. Cishets have always seen pride flags as just a way to signal support, so it's never been about pride for them. So completely switching over to signaling support for everyone instead of just lgbt doesn't mean much to them, while it could mean a whole lot more to the in group who lost specificity from their flag being represented

Personally I don't really care. If they're flying either they're not gonna be doing hate crimes and that's enough

>it's to highlight the most marginalized intersections already represented by it.
The problem is this ends up becoming a pity party to the bottom. Black people are not the most marginalized group in society. Not even fucking close. Compare the brutal caste system in other nations that they carry over here. Or the treatment of Chinese women in general. Including BLM colours is done so they can piggy back off our movement and publicly flog any gay that takes issue with it.

Every single discussion nowadays HAS to involve recognition of black people.; no matter how irrelevant race issues are to the discussion. Americans are fucking obsessed with blacks due to white guilt. I just want acceptance to date cute twinks in public without fear. What the fuck does some black dude in inner city Philadelphia have to do with that.

the point is to show support for POC queer people who are specifically targeted and discriminated against moreso than white queers, i believe.

>whataboutism

No, the point is to generate royalties for the guy who made it and copyrighted it

i have literally no idea why this posted twice and like multiple minutes after i posted the original sorry

Bro you gay niggas are retarded as fuck.

It's not a great design but at least it's better/more interesting than the first versions I remember seeing where instead of the chevron on the side, they tried to just take the usual rainbow flag and add five extra stripes like pic related. Looked awful and was hard to tell what was going on

Attached: flag.png (362x268, 1.24K)

The rainbow was fine enough since it inherently represents everything. I avoid such groups like the plague though so I don’t really care, if they want to be paypigs for big corpos then let them. The queer “community” makes the Chernobyl elephants foot look like a regular rock.

>It's not a flag about pride anymore and no longer just about lgbt, it's a flag about broader support for all marginalized people
Which doesn't included Asians, Native Americans, rape victims, women's rights, or asexual people into the colour scheme.

Let's face it. The brown was added entirely to dogwhistle to the BLM leftist crowd who likely to publicly flog anyone that isn't obsessed with black people. It also implies non-black people somehow have it easier, despite the most violently homophobic areas in the West always being rural, religious white people. Christ you don't see blacks trying to make HRT illegal.

>discrediting
ask me how i know you're a cheeseburger guzzling ignorant americrap bitter hon

>Thoughts on the progress pride flag?
It is hideous
I want us to go back to the original rainbow flag with 6 colors including hot pink

Attached: chaser pride flag.png (835x557, 14.13K)

Gays and blacks don’t like each other lmao. They shouldn’t be lumped together

Whatever, I don't care

>it shows that trans people and blacks aren't LGB and need to be forced into the movement
not really though, it just looks ugly to me.
the trans flag is pretty and clashes with the rainbow even without the depressing tones of the other two lines.

the rainbow was such a good symbol that was synonymous with all of LGBT, and then annoying activists just decided to fuck it up as hard as they could without actually accomplishing anything

reflective of the entire movement really