Making flyers for London Trans Pride

I'm making a flyer on the early transition controversy stuff to give out to cis bystanders along the parade route at London Trans Pride in July. I'm going to try to condense the message down to 5 key points, with some more text underneath going into detail and linking sources. For long URLs i.e. research articles I may use QR codes but it depends heavily on whether I can fit them on there. What do you think of the points I've selected so far, and does anyone have suggestions for what types/tactics of tervert disinfo I should debunk?

I've got the Littman study/desistance rates as my main possible right now but the Zucker stuff is just so ghastly and he keeps being platformed such that it feels daft not to include that Medium article as well. But that would only leave one other example if I want to keep it as concise as possible. Should I leave the Zucker stuff out? Are there any really flagrant examples of types of disinfo that would get through to cis people (of those that will listen at all)?

I don't really want to list examples of disinfo of which there's only a few examples of that type, but rather examples that are representative of their broader tactics, so noobs reading this will immediately have a better idea afterwards of how to engage with articles on the trans youth issue. I know a flyer this small can't be exhaustive.

Attached: pb flyer wip.png (515x735, 24.66K)

Yes, I know early HRT is much better than puberty blockers. The public are so far behind we've got to tackle this first + the underlying disinfo/arguments targeting both.

i understand what you're trying to do.

but if you convince people of the risk of puberty blockers it's more likely that they'll just push for stopping puberty blockers rather than starting hrt earlier.

bump

I can change the title if necessary, I get your point, I just thought something like that would seem more like "We're giving you the BALANCED opinion for sensible moderates" rather than "Puberty blockers are unequivocally a good thing and we crazy troons just happen to be 100% in the right, listen to us because we say so"

I think the first focus should be that gd doesn't go away and one's gender identity is innate and doesn't change with time.

someone who believes a kid can just get confused about their gi will never accept early transition.

Yeah the Littman mention is specifically cause I want to include a sentence or two debunking the desistance rates myth, thought that might link in to Zucker too, depends how concise I can word it while still being persuasive. It's okay for me to put long URLs (sources) in tiny tiny tiny font at the bottom of each section so long as it's discernable & not part of the main text right? I used a URL shortener before but all the zoomzooms bitched and said muh virus link, and QR codes take up too much space.

thankyou for your activism!

i've got your hrt.today link bookmarked. qr codes printed out would be a really easy way to hand out a lot of info to a lot of people without immediately shoving a wall of text into their face

I agree, and technically I could stick a whole webpage up for it & just hand out a little square to people with a QR code on but I figure cis normies (not allies attending the event, randos along the parade route) are less likely to scan a QR code a stranger hands to them, especially if they don't know what one is.

bump

I would try and keep the flyer as concise as possible. Your average bystander is going to lose interest in reading it if you’re putting in paragraphs of research studies. Maybe a FAQ style flyer would help. List common questions you’d expect a skeptic would ask and answer them in a sentence or two with your findings. Also, I expect you already know this but make your flyer appealing to look at.

Yeah, I'm already 5 threads deep beyond that stage, I'm more looking for help with specific info points now as I said in the OP

bump

bump

I'm always working so I can't really help sorry

Alright, there's no way I can cover this subject in any sensible way that doesn't leave too much out without expanding this to a full A4 spread. But I know WORDS WORDS WORDS is everyone's main concern for some stupid Current Year reason so if anyone can rewrite what I've come up with so far to be more concise without losing any of the information communicated, it'd be appreciated:

Attached: pb flyer wip.png (1041x731, 71.91K)

What are puberty blockers?
Meds that tell the brain it is already going through puberty, so it doesn’t tell the sex organs to produce hormones. After stopping them, puberty resumes.

What are they used for?
They are used for precocious puberty, and used to also be prescribed for gender dysphoria in teens, before a USA anti-abortion lawyer came to the UK and got all current and future prescriptions of that nature stopped, which is still in place today. Kids who were on them had them taken away, and their puberties resumed. According to them, the meds are magically still safe for teens who aren’t trans. In other countries they are still used for gender dysphoria.

But what is “gender dysphoria?”
We don’t yet know, but one thing it absolutely isn’t is a psychological condition. A disproportionate amount of trans people have connective tissue disorders, suggesting a genetic or epigenetic basis- possibly inconsistent hormone exposure during pregnancy. “If we don’t yet know all about it, we shouldn’t treat it with irreversible bodily changes” is often the response—except we still don’t know how paracetamol or general anaesthesia work, both unpredictably cause deaths, and yet we still use those ubiquitously, globally, every day because on balance, they work very well overall- so why should gender dysphoria be managed differently except because “man in dress = super-special-icky”?

The reason more people come out in teens now is because information is more available—consider fig. 2 overleaf [left-handedness over time graph]. Before, these people still existed, just offed themselves at a young age or lived long, miserable lives with no words to describe how they felt. ‘Gender-critical feminists’ say they just want the gender non-conforming to let themselves break social gender roles rather than resort to medical intervention, but it’s doctors who named it ‘gender’ dysphoria– plenty of trans folks are far more distressed by physical sex traits than any social gender traits. And these ’gender-criticals’ are lying anyway: in practice, once they shut down medical options, they move on to shutting down all gender non-conformity such as kids playing dress-up, even if it damages their self-esteem.

both are really good. you get your info across without being too wordy, nor does it sound like a deranged manifesto. let the facts do your talking for you

>but the Zucker stuff is just so ghastly and he keeps being platformed such that it feels daft not to include that Medium article as well.
What about Dr Money/his association with Green or Kinsey? Those two guys are being talked about on right wing news every day as anti-tranny talking points which doesn't even make sense to me.
Also, have you tried playing around with that GPT3 playground site? It's pretty good at coming up with convincing arguments.

I would heavily avoid saying shit is disinfo/false/fake news/etc. It comes off very aggressive, and I feel like it would turn off people who read it and are not already on board. Instead I would just say to just keep the shit you have about the benefits in, whether that be from studies or testimonials.