/aro/acegen/

aromantic/asexual general
previous one: QOTD: what do you plan to do this pride month?
Q&A/FAQ:
what is asexuality?
it's where one feels little to no sexual attraction.
is asexuality celibacy?
No, celibacy is abstaining from sex & is an individual choice unlike asexuality.
what is aromanticism?
Aromanticism is where one feels little to no romantic attraction.
Is aromanticism a sexuality?
No, it's a romantic orentation.

Attached: aro&ace square.png (651x650, 24.87K)

>what do you plan to do this pride month?
highest freedive without a parachute

Not sure on the QOTD, but I'm planning other stuff regardless.

>Not sure on the QOTD
I meant like what do you plan on doing that is related to pride month.

bump

I never felt any type of attraction to anyone in real life, but I do feel love and sexual attraction somewhat towards a fictional character. The idea of having real sex repulses me. I am fine being single, I cannot even imagine myself in a relationship. I'm 25 and been trying to find what's wrong with me for years. Could it be asexuality? I'm not sure because I feel love and attraction towards the fic. character, but never towards anyone who I could actually speak to or touch.

that's called being fictosexual & fictoromantic.

Thanks user I'll look into it.

I remember reading a list of a lot of sexual/romantic orentations so I think it's the right term. I'm happy to have helped you if it helps!

is it tough being ace or aro?
do you feel you're discriminated against?
were you bulled in high school?

Yeah, can't say I was planning anything for pride month in particular. Guess I just don't see myself there, though I can see if other aces do. Ironically enough, I think most of my interaction with and knowledge of the LGBT community was probably from the subculture I fell into. Somehow I feel like if you're some asexual weirdo in HS who's into sf and fantasy, you eventually end up falling in with the, "gay furry worldbuilding" crowd. Hard to describe.

To put it simply, imagine that you live in a world where 99% of the population has a specific fetish, and that this has shaped culture and even the law. Then imagine that you're the 1% that is the remainder.

The difficulty in being aro or ace is hard to describe, it feels more like being an aberration to the order of things, an anomaly, rather than being a denigrated aspect of the world, like with gays. Materially you don't face much trouble, but you kind of end up psychologically mindfucked by a society that you're not too compatible with.

Didn't really see any bullying in high school, but you definitely start to feel the sense of separation and self-awareness during that time, like the last few years of "normal" life are ending (i.e., friend groups having precedence, etc.). I've known some other asexuals who have been overtly bullied, but it seems rarer than the other types (likely because most aces in school keep quiet).

as a normal person, i don't think this analogy works. fetishes that i don't have make me feel worse sexually, even if i can understand the logic of it. i would think aroace would be like being colorblind, in that there's like this whole type of aspect of human experience for everyone else that you can learn to understand and navigate, but that you'll never experience. in the fetish example, i still experience fetishes that i don't have, i just experience them as a negative sexual experience. aroace people wouldn't have that experience at all

I get what you're saying, I think it was probably just linguistic confusion. If you don't "get" a fetish then by definition it will be a negative experience, completely alien. If you don't have a thing for doorknobs or whatever, you won't feel the "attraction" that someone who does have it will describe. Same with the normal types of sexual attraction. You can see the outward motions, romantic gestures, etc., but it's like seeing products of some internal process that can't be fathomed. You can't see inside the black box. In that sense, I do think your colorblind analogy would work better.

It can be very difficult & I think that puts it into words better then what I was going to say. But I'd like to add that for me I find sex to be repulsive & gross. As for discrimination I definitely feel like I am discriminated against both IRL & online. The high school I was at didn't have bulling from what I can tell & I believe that we mutual respected eacother.

bump

>what do you plan to do this pride month?
probably get reminded that aces aren't allowed to be part of it

>probably get reminded that aces aren't allowed to be part of it
but aces can be a part of it?

every irl queer community i know ignores aro/aces :(

pic related? from shit tier reddit so idk

Attached: aceiceiri.png (961x946, 1.26M)

>every irl queer community i know ignores aro/aces :(
well that's odd, we're like 2 spaces over from q in the acronym. Pretty hard to ignore us when we're practically acronym neighbors :p.

>we're like 2 spaces over from q in the acronym
"nuh uh, the A stands for ALLY"
every fuckin time