What is your answer to the question of why children can consent to changing their sex. But not consent to other stuff?

What is your answer to the question of why children can consent to changing their sex. But not consent to other stuff?

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 13.13K)

They shouldn't be able to change their sex until they are 18. Yes it seems arbitrary, but we need a straightforward line in the sand as the world is becoming more psychotic about stuff like this. Just let kids be kids for fuck sake and thye can do the adult stuff when they are adult and their base levels hormones have leveled out at least a bit.

this would be the standard universally agreed-upon position if not for the fact that transition outcomes get exponentially worse as soon as puberty starts. at that point you're dooming someone to a life of much more suffering than they'd otherwise experience

it makes sense to restrict any kind of surgical procedure to people 18 and older, but for hormones you do unfortunately need to start at like age 11 - 13 in many cases. and I say this as a cis person who previously balked at the idea. you just need a ton of gatekeeping AND a ton of gatepermitting to make sure you're minimizing regret from either angle: regret from a kid who wants to transition, doesn't/can't, and later regrets it, and regret from a kid who wants to transition, does, and later regrets it

I get this, but the potential of screwing someone over by transitioning them is too high. I get it works better earlier, but teenage years suck ass and suck more if you fucked your body for life.

What we really need is diagnostics to improve to better identify biological signs that youth would benefit from transitioning. Par that you are just rolling the dice with kids lives.

The desistence rate at the start of puberty drops to under 1%, but it's not like DIY doesn't blow all of your power fantasies out of the water already lmao

Honest question: can't minors already consent to having sex with each other? Like when you have a girlfriend in high-school? I thought the purpose of the age of consent laws is to prevent adults from exploiting them for sex.

You're rolling the dice either way. Considering , you're putting a vast number of trans kids up for the sake of a much smaller number of cis kids.
At base, this is a trolley problem. A trolley is heading down a track with 100 trans kids. Some die, some get severely injured and require loads of surgery, others will be physically unharmed but suffer severely psychologically. Pull the lever and switch the tracks, you put one cis kid in the same danger.

Which group is more worth it?

What is your answer to the question that children cannot consent to medical procedures yet we force it on them anyway

>can't minors already consent to having sex with each other?
yes
>Like when you have a girlfriend in high-school?
yes.
>I thought the purpose of the age of consent laws is to prevent adults from exploiting them for sex.
Yes, but consent doesn't cover stuff that a guardian has legal responsibility to like surgeries, home care, schooling, etc.

Why are you obsessed with children and sex? Fucking pedo

>Which group is more worth it?

You're trying to boil this down to a black and white argument. As i Said we shouldn't even be rolling the dice at all. We should be improve childhood diagnostics to better identify kids that would benefit from this. The boomer age is ending and all our medicine is focused on elder care rather that youth. You want something to focus on to help kids transition? Fund youth diagnostics or research helping to identify trans kids early so we never have to roll the dice with kids lives period.

How about this: get government out of the medical and pharmaceutical business entirely. Politicians are the least qualified people in the world to be telling you what kind of medical treatments you should have and drugs you can take. Tell them to fuck off. Tell the medical profession to fuck off with its legal monopoly on health care. Something as important as health care should be a personal choice, not some favor you must beg from the government and the doctor's union.

You're obsessed with the idea of early transition being a "dice roll", but every stat we have points to the opposite conclusion. The desistence rate is so low after the start of puberty the kid is more likely to die in a car crash before they get through all the gate keeping that still currently exists to prevent them from that transition.

kids can consent to change their gender because that is who they know they are inside. they should be able to consent to voting and stuff also. but gender identity exists from birth but sexuality only exists during puberty so thats why kids cant consent because its always creeps forcing them to do it

Nah your full of shit. If you actually cared you would want to make things easier for kids by helping them get identified early and getting them on guided course transitioning with the help of medical professional. Complete with a biological profile of how and where to assist transitioning.

You clearly have a bone to pick with this and its limiting your ability to see that more knowledge and research will improve the quality and availability of transitioning. I'm not the gatekeeper you should be fighting.

If you're just going to ignore every facet of reality that clearly points to the fact that cis kids don't seek out trans care after puberty starts, idk what to tell you. Enjoy your lala land and seethe over the DIY your kid orders when you don't let them transition?

lol You're the only one seething kid. But enjoy putting your head in the ground believing your special. I bet its working out great.

>*tells your child how to buy hrt online because they trust strangers more than you or the conversion therapists you keep sending them to*
hehh, notin personnel kid

>tent is a pussy
Do women really

women can't be evil according to feminism

This.
the passing bullshit justification counter arguement is just superficial

18 is still actually too young.
Brains starts developing rational taught around 21.
Kids cant grasp fully what they are getting into or what the hell they are suppose to "realize", thus it doesnt help them in anyway.

many detranstioners develop regrets and most often time lead to suicide