We went way too far with the whole “gender dysphoria isn’t a mental illness” narrative

We went way too far with the whole “gender dysphoria isn’t a mental illness” narrative

Attached: 567C3D2B-0378-4BA0-8CB6-600FE767C169.jpg (1125x958, 133.17K)

He's right.

yea, the born this way rhetoric + medical rhetoric was by far the most effective and useful and also the one that actually has proof behind it.

trenders were the worst thing to ever happen to trans people

>gendeez nuts homo
Gigs based, only proper response to tranny shit on my timeline

>born this way
Where's the proof

First, many people transition without experiencing or having experienced dysphoria.

Second, it's entirely backwards. It's a conflation of cause and effect. What originates is the desire to transition. The gender dysphoria develops from a realization of the delta between your current state and your desired end state. This creates immense distress. Gender dysphoria stems from wanting to transition; wanting to transition does not stem from gender dysphoria.

There's arguably a chicken-and-egg relationship, there, but gender dysphoria really isn't the primary driving force. If considered the root cause, that casts it more like a disease. In reality, it's nothing but a completely rational, normal, expected response to "the facts on the ground". The people who never experience dysphoria either were fortunate due to genetics or starting very early, or had a less strong desire in the first place.

The question of "okay, what is the root cause of the desire, then?" still remains, but the answer is: no one knows and it may be many decades or centuries before there's any kind of satisfactory answer to this.

>First, many people transition without experiencing or having experienced dysphoria.
those aren't actual trans people then

I HATE TRENDERS I HATE TRENDERS

If someone takes HRT, changes their name, changes their pronouns, changes how they dress, voice trains, gets FFS, and now looks and acts like the opposite sex, what are they if not trans?

Transmaxxing is pretty common on this board. These are generally people who transition without having dysphoria.

Trenders are trans, as long as they're taking HRT.

>What originates is the desire to transition
also this is agp propaganda. gender dysphoria is absolutely the motivating cause for actual trans people to transition

>If someone takes HRT, changes their name, changes how they address, voice trains, gets FFS, and now looks and acts like the opposite sex, what are they if not trans?
they are unironic skinwalkers

Wtf is this app

>what are they if not trans?
Retards

>also this is agp propaganda. gender dysphoria is absolutely the motivating cause for actual trans people to transition
I'm not talking about AGP whatsoever. Everything I'm saying applies to people without it.

>they are unironic skinwalkers
Or they're just people modifying themselves as they like. If you want to call them skinwalkers, I doubt they'd care. What's wrong with being a skinwalker?

(A skinwalker typically implies trying to mimic a specific person, too, which is actually weird. If you're not trying to impersonate a particular individual, it's not really skinwalking.)

Sounds like envy over their happiness.

Looks kind of like YikYak or one of those 500 clones.

>failed to address the fact that gender dysphoria is the root cause and motivation
ngmi, your lies are so obvious

Gender dysphoria is an allergic reaction by dissident people to strict gender roles and expectations, not much else.

As much as you'd like to distance yourselves from non binary people, you're really not much different

Saying gender dysphoria is the root cause and motivation is like saying feeling shitty over not making the roster for some sports league is the root cause and motivation for training to be an athlete. The original cause is the intrinsic desire to become a successful athlete. The "dysphoria" comes from failing to achieve your goals yet.

You feel gender dysphoria because you want to transition. You don't transition because you feel gender dysphoria. Why would you feel gender dysphoria if you didn't want to transition?

As another example: look at the countless repressors on this board. Their gender dysphoria is probably worse than anyone else's. Why? Because they have a deep, long-standing desire to transition, and yet they're nowhere close to actually achieving it at all, for various reasons.

>wanting to transition does not stem from gender dysphoria
no my dysphoria definitely came first and led to me transitioning lol
what is this bullshit lol

>Why would you feel gender dysphoria if you didn't want to transition?
because being trans is a neurobiological condition, not a magical intrinsic desire. you are so full of shit it's unreal

well there was a hypnotherapist i found on YouTube that did past life regression on gay people are found that they had a parasitic soul attached to them that liked the a certain sex. he was able to remove the parasite and were no longer gay. if you think cutting your tits off or dick ect is the correct action then you are unintelligent nut case.

Damn I thought yikyak died , last time used it was in like 2015

If you think back, I would strongly suspect what really came first is "I want to be a girl" / "I wish I were a girl" / "why couldn't I have been a girl" / "being a girl seems better" or something like that, no?

>because being trans is a neurobiological condition, not a magical intrinsic desire.
These are indistinguishable. A thing you want to do due to some neurobiological state is the exact same thing as an intrinsic desire. All intrinsic desires stem from neurobiological states and all neurobiological state-induced preferences are intrinsic desires. There is no magic involved in either case.

For the 100th time take your pills Alice

>you are unintelligent nut case.
>well there was a hypnotherapist i found on YouTube that did past life regression on gay people are found that they had a parasitic soul attached to them that liked the a certain sex. he was able to remove the parasite and were no longer gay.

I wish this were a troll but given the shitty grammar and spelling I'm pretty sure it's real.

Fetishists

Most transmaxxers do not have AGP or any other fetish like that. As far as I know, many or most of the people with stuff like AGP do actually have gender dysphoria.