/aro/ace/gen/

aromantic/asexual general
previous thread: QOTD: What do you think of romance and sexuality in society?
Q&A/FAQ:
what is asexuality?
it's where one feels little to no sexual attraction.
is asexuality celibacy?
No, celibacy is abstaining from sex & is an individual choice unlike asexuality.
what is aromanticism?
Aromanticism is where one feels little to no romantic attraction.
Is aromanticism a sexuality?
No, it's a romantic orentation.

Attached: 94a7008559bc86a9a152b51b0a66c6bb.jpg (683x683, 18.32K)

Meme sexuality for online autistics

Thank you for the bump.

>What do you think of romance and sexuality in society?
I think it's odd why they are such important things in society & I wonder why that's the case. Also thank you for posting the thread! My house clock appears to be off by a half hour.

Romance and sexuality are put on too much of a pedestal by society. You'll notice that there's not much reason to hate aces/aros, they're not participating in "sinful" behaviour, just abstaining - and you'll also notice in that same vein, the ones who have a problem with it are hypersexual. If you live your whole life through a sexual or romantic lens, then it's alien, and human instinct is to hate what isn't the same.
But that's fine, they're usually pussies who use manipulation to get their own way anyway. They're dime a dozen, unlike the homophobes who do actually pose a threat.
I could talk about the societal wide worshipping of false idols in the form of celebrities and politicians and the influence of sexuality and romance in especially celebrities, but I can't really be bothered.

No problem, thank you for the response.
>Romance and sexuality are put on too much of a pedestal by society. You'll notice that there's not much reason to hate aces/aros, they're not participating in "sinful" behaviour, just abstaining - and you'll also notice in that same vein, the ones who have a problem with it are hypersexual.
This is kind of the crux of the problem, really. When you're able to get an outsider's point of view, you're able to essentially see sexuality as a "state-sanctioned paraphilia." It simply lacks a certain protection or seeming sacredness that makes it be excused where other things wouldn't. Even something like sex ed. is surreal given how biology classes alone cover the nuts and bolts of reproduction and sexual behavior in humans.

I agree that it's very strange, it kind of feels like a cult sometimes that it'd be more beneficial to be a part of. And the thing about sex ed, while I agree with you in how it's such a weird concept, I do think it's a good thing. The majority of people are weirdly easily misled by it, and that teaching is a good "preventative" measure to the average moron that will get 25 STDs before they're 25. Sure, it doesn't apply to us, but we don't really have any justified complaint in society catering to the majority instead of the minority: the other way around is what we call very unequal societies :p

In regards to the latter point, there is the concept of the, "Tyranny of the majority," which leavens the typical assumption that a society will focus on the greater portion of its population. There is architecture for the handicapped for example, and I feel like preventative information can be provided again in biology classes. Past a certain point it really just feels like "tmi 101." If kids had to learn about urophilia, for example, I'm sure they'd have a much different tune on the matter.

I'm gonna sleep, if the thread is still up whenever I next get on I'll reply

Asexuality is just a personal preference not a sexuality and you do not suffer discrimination or get killed for who you are.

>you do not suffer discrimination
>comes here specifically to discriminate
you are a fool

The obsession with sex in society is revolting and degenerate, it feels like I'm watching literal apes act out on their primal needs. Nevermind all the consequences it's having.

I have a theory that aroaces have angel souls, and that is why we are pure and free from desire.

Yeah, phew. Then what? Gonna cry?

Sounds good.
Probably intended to be an ironic post, the gay flag means that the poster would lack self-awareness to an astonishing degree were it legitimate.

How im i discriminating? im saying stop victimizing yourselfs theres people with real problems.
>angel souls
You need to read some sociology for the love of god you must be american to say that kind of next level delution.
Not ironic, stop making up problems. U dont like sex as much, big deal.

Even more likely to be ironic now, a gay individual would not use such argumentation as it could just as easily be used to suggest that gay people just don't like sex with the opposite sex.

what? im gay and giving my point of view on delutional people with a really strong need to form part of a comunity that tries to victimice themselfs when theres no discrimination to people that dont like having sex a lot or dont feel like beeing in a relationship right now. That isnt a sexuality, stop victimazing.

I'll admit this was a really good attempt. To play into it, I'll just give the brief. By the same argument being presented, a gay man would simply be one who did not like sex with women, and thus did not have a sexuality. Asexuals do not have an attraction to either sex, and thus only "don't feel like being in a relationship" in the same way that a gay man would not "feel like" being in a relationship with a woman. By accusing asexuals, one would also be accusing gays, and thus damaging the group they intended to defend.

You poor bastards.

Thank you for the condolences, though I must wonder if fetishists believe that non-fetishists are missing out, now.

>How im i discriminating?
by treating us asexuals unjustly. Also have you even read the FAQ? If so then you would know that your understanding of asexuals isn't how we actualy are. Us asexuals experince discrimination just as gay people do. I put the FAQ there specifically to inform uninformed anons about aro/ace people.

Attached: discrimination.png (624x55, 7.62K)

Never understood why people would go to a thread, on Any Forums of all places, to play oppression olympics
who cares if you think aces aren't as oppressed as you? is oppression how you choose to define yourself?

Gay people are killed in the hundreds every day around the world, we are discriminated in 90% of the planet, we are illegal with death penalty in a lot of countries and we have it really dificult to work in a society, we have a propose to use a flag and fight for HUMAN RIGHTS. You are all first worlders with no friends trying to make up problems. Its disgusting and extremly ignorant what you are saying, try to look outside your privilage bubble

Maybe I'm biased but I was asexual all through highschool as anorexia made me too malnourished to have a sex drive.

I didn't get an erection for 2.5 year and in addition to that I saw people around me get girlfriends boyfriends whatever and just knew I was missing out. Felt like something was wrong with me.

Might be different as my lack of drive was health induced and yours is just the way you are but during highschool I felt like I was missing out on a big part of the human experience.

I can kinda get the asexual part but honestly if someone is aromantic I think theyre fundamentally broken.

its not real
your all delusional
wake up
kill the goverment

baste

Since when was I trying to make up problems? I was just saying that asexuals lack an attraction to either sex, and that it is not a voluntary lifestyle choice.
Never had problems with the libido or health, it just wasn't "procced," so I guess we have different perspectives there, true.
>I can kinda get the asexual part but honestly if someone is aromantic I think theyre fundamentally broken.
For this part, I'd say the closest comparison would be considering a gay man broken because he can't love a woman. By this logic, babies wouldn't be human because they can't love romantically, even if they love their mom. There are other forms of love that render this comparison a mute point, at best.
Based spelling, user.

ah fuck lads
my girl told me she's ace