Does transition really relive dysphoria?

Does transition really relive dysphoria?

I'm repressing, but if transitioners still feel like shit why would I do that?

Attached: 1653969530073.jpg (1080x1080, 151.45K)

sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't (it helps if you're genetically lucky and/or can afford fancy medical stuff), but repressing never does

you get to feel like shit in different ways for different reasons

sometimes all you need is a change of scene

cuz I feel less like shit? crying in a skirt as a girly twinkhon still feels miles better than crying in baskatball shorts as a bearded twunk

Attached: fencepostmagpie-FS0LmA-VsAA9928.jpg (1536x2048, 252.37K)

you still have to fend off brainworms once you transition
it's all about how mentally strong you are

this is why it's important to research the Neural Amplifier as early as possible in your transition (by at least turn 25)

The first few months you feel good because you're doing something than around 6-10 months is just fucking hell and you go into a doomer phase, I didn't start having good days till like a year, im at 19 months and im not nearly as dysphoric as I was I obviously still have shitty days but im willing to be alive and not kms anymore

not op, but some of these answers are kinda vague.
does taking hrt alleviate some mental struggles?
does taking hrt heavily increase quality of life/enjoyment of life?
does taking hrt at least give you the ability to try and fix issues (say like depression and stuff) that otherwise couldnt be?

dysphoria is fake

then what is the source of the issue?

NTA but I recently read a post here that kind of changed my whole perspective on it. People always talk about how the cause and effect is gender dysphoria -> gender transitioning, but they explained that gender dysphoria is nothing more than a natural, inevitable feeling one has about the gap between where they are and where they want to be. The root cause is simply the strong desire to be the opposite sex, and there is not necessarily ever any understandable, identifiable root cause behind that desire, even if it may be correlated with certain things.

I think dysphoria is an umbrella term that encompasses many different issues. Largerst one being depression.

care to elaborate? i’m too dumb to understand research

no shit
But can we alleviate people of that strong desire to be the opposite sex? If not what can be done to help them cope with it?

>care to elaborate? i’m too dumb to understand research
that person is meming and facetiously suggesting that there are neural devices one can use to increase one's resilience against brainworms. they don't actually exist and probably never will. maybe in the next 200 years some neural implants will be able to help block certain kinds of thoughts, but seems kind of unlikely

probably depends on the end result. I doubt a botched transition would help

>no shit
Right, that's the whole thing. It really is "no shit". It's pretty straightforward.

>But can we alleviate people of that strong desire to be the opposite sex? If not what can be done to help them cope with it?
It's like saying "how can we alleviate people of the strong desire to have sex with people of their own sex" or "how can we alleviate people of the strong desire to consume fresh olives, olives are gross". There is no way. You simply have to let people try to achieve their desires. Simple as

every human being has unique motives and desires, there is no objectively correct way to live your life
what works for me might not work for you, best we can do is learn to balance our predatory instincts and cooperate

>Does transition really relive dysphoria?
Yes, for the vast majority.

>Does transition really relive dysphoria?
did for me at least, but thats because im fine with being seen as male. i imagine mtfs still have it because they're trying to seem like women and the incongruence makes them feel bad

nta but I guess my question is then, why do I care so much about wanting to be a woman? why has this one thing stuck with me since I was a child? like I could explain my interest in other things pretty logically(to a certain extent) but even then for those things(like photography) I wouldn't be depressed for decades if I was told I couldn't do it. but the desire to be a woman, and disgust with how I am now doesn't really seem as logical, yet it seems to have the most control over my life.
and I guess even more so, why does it seem unable to be treated through therapy? you can help people who lost a loved one with therapy, you can help those who can't live up to their own expectations, but this one thing seems different

humans are weird