Reconsidering school for the first time in years lately. my dad keeps asking me about school and what i'd like to study

reconsidering school for the first time in years lately. my dad keeps asking me about school and what i'd like to study.
when i was a repper i wrote off colleges and related shit as nothing but a money sink and sometimes i still feel that way. i've been getting raises and moving up in my retail job but i feel lonely

but now i'm early on in transition and honestly a small part of me wants to go to a college just to join some clubs and meet other nerds and dweebs like me.
i don't know shit about colleges and universities and all that and i have no idea what i want to study but i'm scared that i'm gonna waste away in retail regardless of how much i make.

but at the same time i'm only a month in on hrt and idk what the future holds in that regard, i'd wanna try and find an accepting place of learning but like i said idk shit about these kinds of places or the different types or cities and all that. also idk if 23 is considered old to start college but i'm scared of all the people i meet being a lot younger than me.
what do you guys study? i'm also kind of stupid but my dad insists i'm "a smart kid" and said he's willing to help me pay for it. any advice?

>inb4 "blogposter"
sorry just feelin down

Attached: glasses.png (342x419, 134.87K)

You should do it.
23 is not too old, there was a girl who was that age in my freshman dorm when I first came to college and we loved her.
Put some thought into what you'd want to study and what you can make a good career out of. What kind of nerd/dweeb are you?

I went to collage at 19 and dropped out because the "all trannys are good at compsci" meme didnt apply to me and wasted a buncha money. I would advise you figgure out something you think you'll actualy at least tollerate before you take the plunge. but donr worry about age, remember the GI-bill is a thing so theres lots of veterans in your age range there, and regular people your age there, and i even saw a few old boomers there. collages are def a much more relaxed enviroment for a tranner and far mkre accepting than the rest of the world, at least in regards to trans stuff. I honestly want to go back for tgat reason, but I still have no idea what I would want tondo or if it even matters. community collages are a much cheaper option, dont feel pressured into going to some overpriced uni. even if you need to go to a fancier university for the degree you want, you can still get a lot of your nore base classes at a cheaper collage first.

i like a lot of normie nerd stuff but i wouldn't mind branching out to explore myself a bit i guess. i really like fantasy
and sci-fi and film. oh i loove film and discussing cinematography and stuff. i also love nerdy history buff stuff that
isn't super practical to know about. but all in all i wanna just look around and see what other people are into and see where i fit in.

repper-me was a shut in who never felt the desire to reach out and interact. but trooning out a bit has helped me feel like i have
a fresh start. i have my old highschool friends, but they grew up a lot different from me and even though they're my buddies, i feel
lonely around them.

thanks for the heads up, idk if i'd be good at compsci, but i've always like Audio/Video stuff but idk how practical studying that would be.
I used to 3D animate on youtube and got a pretty decent following but my methods were impractical and i'd probably have to relearn from scratch.
my dad mentioned a new community college propping up around where we live but we also live in suburban texas. i feel like a big priority for me is
the social/acceptance aspect but idk anything about what places and where have who and what and all that.

you could definately get into a more practical art like video/audio/modeling! the demand isnt anything like a trade or programming, but it isnt bad either. if you would like branching into some graphical design stuff could also round things out. I def feel it with the acceptance bit, I seem to gravitate towards trades, but they arent exactly an accepting place for tranners so I'm sorta aimlessly fumbling right now. Idk about texas, I'm a WA-fag myself, but my friends bf lives down there and him being a super girly twink seems to have flown by just fine down there. since collages are mainly populated by young people they temd to be far more open-minded than the rest, and arround the more urbanised areas of texas I hear it's pretty good. also remember if you plan on having a dorm and stuff theres no need to stay in your home state if you dont want, though I def understand wanting to stay close to home.

thanks for letting me know all that, i really appreciate it! but yeah getting a dorm sounds scary but also a little thrilling
but boymoding edges it closer to scary, desu. i get homesick really easy but i feel like i need to branch out from my old life a bit.
try new things and try to grow as a person. hrt helped me start taking care of myself and accepting change in my life for once, but
being far away from home might make me depressed, or it might make life exciting again.

i was never much of a programmer but if it was my best option i'd give it a go. but studying an art sounds super enticing to me.
i only hope i can find the right place or be able to put what i learn into a good career. plus arts and stuff tend to be full of more accepting
folk.

i have some decent money saved up and with my dad's help i could probably have a few choices. the only problem is he knows i'm a troon
but doesn't know i'm transitioning. he doesn't really approve and i'm worried if he finds out it could hurt my chances with him. he's a great
dad though, he never got angry with me when i came out to him, but he's still very traditional and doesn't approve of transitioning. i just
don't know how he's gonna react if he finds out in the coming months.

he sounds like he may struggle with it a little, but will overall be accepting. I think he just needs time to warm up and understand you still love him and it's all ok. you could talk to a counciler at a local collage to feel things out, a lot of them literaly make their living heloing people figgure out what they want out of collage and whats best for them to study

college got me stuck in a nerve-wracking echo chamber of my own worst fears, fuck that place

hopefully one day. he's super religious but he says he loves me no matter what and i believe that. he doesn't approve of my
brother's gay relationship but still allows the both of them to hang out with the family for dinners and stuff. but i can't help but
feel he'll feel very disappointed in me, even if he won't express it. i just dunno how it might affect my financial support from him.

and yeah a councilor doesn't sound like a bad idea. if i go to one nearby instead of abroad i might make an appointment. but still, i can't help but feel a desire to go somewhere far from home and start fresh for a while. idk i'm not sure

also i'm really sorry to hear that, user :T

i hope you're doing better nowadays

thanks, time heals wounds
I can't always control my circumstances but I can control how I feel

that's the spirit! i feel the same way about my lengthy repression, a lot of wasted years.
but it always helps to look on the bright side. after all, i could still be repressing if things didn't fall into place just right for me.

>that's the spirit! i feel the same way about my lengthy repression, a lot of wasted years.
that's right - better to act when you feel it in your heart that something is wrong than let things spiral out of control
only you can make your life tolerable to you, other people are too preoccupied with themselves
>i could still be repressing if things didn't fall into place just right for me.
not sure how much you're willing to talk about but I'm glad they did

yeah it took some willpower but finally taking control really freed my mind and i'm all the better for it now.

and it wasn't anything crazy, just happened to have the right experiences at just the right time, taught me
a lot and made me really look at myself one day. if it wasn't for that, i probably wouldn't have finally cracked

Are you sure you can commit to going through enough of college to get your diploma? If you drop out early, it will be wasted time by definition.
>t. didn't go to uni at all

exactly my main fear and concern. it's what stopped me from doing it right after high school back then. but now i'm starting to mildly reconsider it, i just have to know for sure what i want, and that it's a practical career choice

sunk cost fallacy is the worst

i relate pretty hard, im 23 and just got done with my second semester of college.
i just still have no clue what to go for, degree wise, and its frustrating. i have such fleeting interest in so much, but never interested enough to actually pursue it for a living.
it kinda sucks and makes me feel aimless

also wanted to do clubs because i missed out on them in highschool but idk.. i'd rather be at home and play games with people i already know

>i have such fleeting interest in so much, but never interested enough to actually pursue it for a living. it kinda sucks and makes me feel aimless
same same same can relate 100%
>also wanted to do clubs because i missed out on them in highschool but idk..
thankfully i took band and art and joined the german club in highschool, so i got to experience that. but i've been out of school for years and i miss that feeling more and more every day. being in niche little clubs and arts was so much fun back then i wanna do it again real bad.

It's only practical career-wise if you land a high-paying job or do something you really wanted
Almost every degree in a passion industry is going to set you back hard financially and time wise

yeah it sucks that it's so difficult to do what you love for a living. not everyone is so lucky