Why do you think C is the best programming language?

Why do you think C is the best programming language?

Attached: c.png (860x989, 42.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G7LJC9vJluU
youtube.com/watch?v=tas0O586t80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

definitely not "the best", especially since there are so many different applications for programming languages, but not being bogged down in tons of retarded abstractions is a big plus

I don't know because I'm not very sharp

do all coders feel a need to signal that they code to others or is it only the queer ones?

it's the ones that make it an identity a la sports fans or political activists
everyone else is busy doing corporate nonsense or actually advancing the state of the art

enjoy your buffer-overflow-ware

Dont care, still like Java

if american psycho was written today itd be about programmers

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=G7LJC9vJluU

i dont understand the intent of this video because im autistic but the whole "language safety" dichotomy reads to me as:
>"this language doesn't have guard rails, you will need discipline to create stable non-trivial software with it"
>"uhm, YIKES. we need to make a SAFE language that's really overbearing and bloated so that it's impossible to make UNSAFE software. discipline? quit heckin gatekeeping, dood?"
>picrel

Attached: Rust_programming_language_black_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 40.82K)

>no fancy pitfalls
kek

Computer Science is interesting and useful. Programming is easy to attain flow in. I fucking hate software developers. Oh, oh this little stupid language here has a little stupid feature that lets me phrase this stupid little command in a slightly different way. I do not give a fuck. Shut the fuck up. Christ, get an aesthetic preference for some substantially aesthetic objects instead of obsessing over boring business software.

this, software nerds are obsessed with implementation details and can't see the forest for the trees

I prefer the slavgrug voice version personally.
youtube.com/watch?v=tas0O586t80

manual memory management and no pointer discipline is malebrained, embrace fembrained rust

fembrains start begging me to talk about any subject except programming whenever I bring it up kek.

High Performance, good usability and tons of libraries/resources.

definitely unsexy.

It's smol and elegant. You don't have to memorize lots and lots of functions. All of the basic building blocks are already there and it's up to you to combine them. That it's fast is a plus.

It's also trans as fuck. Pointers are rooted in the distinction between things and the labels we apply to them. The same data can be parsed in multiple ways. As an integer, as a character, as a true value. This doesn't change the underlying memory cells, just reinterprets them. Transitioning is also a sort of reinterpretation and in a very real way the act of reinterpreting something as something else functionally makes it so for particular purposes.

heh

fuck you op