Vtg; voice training general

REMINDER: IF YOU CANNOT GIVE TECHNICAL ADVICE, AT LEAST SAY IF IT PASSES OR NOT. DO NOT LET VTG DIE

Post clips of your voice training progress, discuss voice stuff, and give feedback to others. Together, we can end the voicehon epidemic.

Benchmark (to be taken in vocaroo form): “The beige hue on the waters of the loch impressed all, including the French queen, before she heard that symphony again, just as young Arthur wanted.”

The benchmark is an English phonetic pangram, containing allophones. That makes it one of the best ways to measure how your voice is developing over time.

▶ Resources MTF:

--- Full MTF Course ---
•L's Guide
reddit.com/r/transvoice/comments/d3clhe/ls_voice_training_guide_level_1_for_mtf/

•Google Doc
docs.google.com/document/d/1gLIOxG9Oq8Ncs1z-c1uvHAgZ43bYGuwdJtLQrQ9EyDg/

•Supplement L's guide with..
False Folds:
youtube.com/watch?v=xdsaPJdU24s

•Vocal Fold Thickness:
youtube.com/watch?v=1PNnBRBfOVY&t=146s

--- Larynx Stuff ---
•Whisper Siren:
youtube.com/watch?v=F6Noi2qERus
•General overview/swallow and hold method:
youtube.com/watch?v=L6ro2R3esHA
youtube.com/watch?v=aWWevU4A5mU

•Big dog/small dog:
youtube.com/watch?v=mx4dPWKVt9o

▶ Resources FTM :

--- We still don't have enough resources here. Find us some more! ---
radical-musicology.org.uk/2008/Constansis.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24155064
pastebin.com/CCw9czC0

Attached: 53EE0FAC-648E-48C8-BDD2-222C913F385E.jpg (923x1215, 134.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/138hFcrm2dcm
voca.ro/11PXOWjqIiwg
voca.ro/1mbby3aD5zi8
voca.ro/1nMfRgbTW34V
voca.ro/1mCa6zxzHkhN
voca.ro/1fvu4H0Dtdpe
voca.ro/1YVrB5JrYDZh
vocaroo.com/14cCfUTlov7c
vocaroo.com/13YeiIatVqNA
voca.ro/1lNjVgWqPvZ2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

voca.ro/138hFcrm2dcm
here’s me :)

I don't know how to get started and guides don't explain the process simply enough

>voca.ro/138hFcrm2dcm
super fucking high, feels strained ngl

My response to you: voca.ro/11PXOWjqIiwg

i feel like its super clocky when its lower tho :/
voca.ro/1mbby3aD5zi8
i feel like yours passes, sometimes the resonance(could be pitch idk im retarded) dips into the male range tho. only at a few points tho

bump

Its a good start but you still have a lot of work left to do. It doesn't sound natural at all, but that part comes by itself by just keep using it every day for a long time.

been a couple weeks now, have no idea how to tell if i'm improving voca.ro/1nMfRgbTW34V

passes really well to my ears, you have a nice kind of valley girl sound. man i need to voice train

fuck
voca.ro/1mCa6zxzHkhN
hm

valley girl comment user here. I don't have much technical understanding of voice training so I apologize if maybe I'm not hearing something that others here are. but from my relatively normie perspective I think your voice sounds very feminine. I'm just a theyfab starting out with voice training. again sorry

Dud the picrel has me dying omg. Submissive and infertile omg!!!

your voice passes. it does have a scratchy quality to it but other than that it's fine. just don't strain yourself.
if this is the lower one it literally sounds the same and still passes.
your voice passes

>mine
voca.ro/1fvu4H0Dtdpe

my voice at best sounds like a lesbian stereotype but im trying to get it more masc. i was told to work on closed quotient and intonation so i have those resources loaded. i know it takes time but can i get there without T? i dont want to take hrt, im cis, i just want to be able to switch from female and male voices if that makes sense.

pass
I think you need more work on pitch and progressively lowering your voice without straining it too much like it sounds you're doing here

Here's mine: voca.ro/1YVrB5JrYDZh

thanks, ur right. i will just try and keep it comfortable as it slowly deepens :)

no that's not too low at all, I think it sounds way better and passes better than the 1st vocaroo you posted in this thread

vocaroo.com/14cCfUTlov7c

I know i don't pass just looking for advice, feeling stalled here.

I think the pitch is too high relative to the other aspects

can't record right now so I'm gonna repost my entry from last vtg

vocaroo.com/13YeiIatVqNA

sorry about the scratchy sounds, its a towel for soundproofing : \

voca.ro/1lNjVgWqPvZ2

reposting, will rate voices later