/vtg/ - voice training general

REMINDER: IF YOU CANNOT GIVE TECHNICAL ADVICE,
LEAST SAY IF IT PASSES OR NOT. DO NOT LET VTG DIE

Post clips of your voice training progress, discuss voice stuff, and give feedback to others.
Together, we can end the voicehon epidemic.

Benchmark (to be taken in vocaroo form): “The beige hue on the waters of the loch impressed all, including the French queen, before she heard that symphony again, just as young Arthur wanted.”

The benchmark is an English phonetic pangram, containing allophones.
That makes it one of the best ways to measure how your voice is developing over time.

▶ Resources MTF:

--- Full MTF Course ---
•L's Guide
reddit.com/r/transvoice/comments/d3clhe/ls_voice_training_guide_level_1_for_mtf/

•Google Doc
docs.google.com/document/d/1gLIOxG9Oq8Ncs1z-c1uvHAgZ43bYGuwdJtLQrQ9EyDg/

•Supplement L's guide with..
False Folds:
youtube.com/watch?v=xdsaPJdU24s

•Vocal Fold Thickness:
youtube.com/watch?v=1PNnBRBfOVY&t=146s
--- Larynx Stuff ---
•Whisper Siren:
youtube.com/watch?v=F6Noi2qERus
•General overview/swallow and hold method:
youtube.com/watch?v=L6ro2R3esHA
youtube.com/watch?v=aWWevU4A5mU
•Big dog/small dog:
youtube.com/watch?v=mx4dPWKVt9o

▶ Resources FTM :

--- We still don't have enough resources here. Find us some more! ---
radical-musicology.org.uk/2008/Constansis.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24155064
pastebin.com/CCw9czC0

Attached: 1576784192674.png (694x980, 570.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1d4P07DsvuLo
voca.ro/19FAxYaFBvnN
voca.ro/18bJQsJJ5sRK
voca.ro/1RQ63ETS8U7B
voca.ro/1btdOHIjkBgM
voca.ro/13virJJ9Oe1y
voca.ro/1glJ71vBsFXH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

voca.ro/1d4P07DsvuLo
voca.ro/19FAxYaFBvnN

voca.ro/18bJQsJJ5sRK
I've been working on my resonance, since that's what I'm told to work on usually. I'm not sure if my pitch is good here or not, but really, I'm primarily looking at the resonance.
Your voice is super good, and I don't think it sounds super valley girl-ish. I think mine sounds kinda like that though.

Attached: coffee.png (2448x3060, 437.97K)

voca.ro/1RQ63ETS8U7B
How tf do I improve I hate voice training so much :((

ok first of all you have vdd, your voice sounds good.

I would say just practice more I guess.
Maybe try experimenting different things and listen to how it sounds by recording yourself idk.

oh yeah also if I were you I would use that girl voice everywhere.

>voca.ro/18bJQsJJ5sRK
you're definitely doing resonance work wrong, although I do hear a little bit of resonance. whenever I work on resonance, I don't see the connection to a gollum-like voice at all. I think the gollum voice is called opc or something idk. But yeah anyways I would recommend you to work on resonance even more.

yeah resonance is **far** more important than pitch.
there's a lot of resources in the OP post about how to do resonance work, like the big dog small dog exercise for example

voca.ro/1btdOHIjkBgM
God I hate myselffffffff
I was making progress now I feel like it's garbage
ugh
UGH

voca.ro/13virJJ9Oe1y
fuck help

You don't go from 0 to passing in a couple of days

Your resonance sounds rly good, try to raise your pitch a little. Also your range and weight sound good too

Of course not!
I've been practicing for like two weeks or so... I know it's not enough time
I'm just going through mood swings, sorry

>voca.ro/13virJJ9Oe1y
I can't give any technical advice or anything but it sounds like a soft feminine voice. Maybe I could clock you if we talked for an extended amount of time and I noticed some inconsistencies since you're still fairly new to it. Otherwise good job

>tfw voicehon

voca.ro/1glJ71vBsFXH

Attached: 2559-menhera-chan-embarrassed.png (250x216, 7.88K)

You gotta be fucking jokin me. that's a beautiful voice, completely passes without a doubt.

you sound pretty fem to me but ur voice is like congested and stuffy?? it sounds like ur nose is plugged which could be vocal folds or u straining somewhere im not sure...maybe ur pharyngeal wall??

i could be wrong since other anons seem to disagree but i would read u straight up as a gay/effeminate man with that voice currently :/
i think you need to get ur resonance higher idk why people are saying pitch u literally talk at the same pitch as me..
but just keep practicing ur making good prog regardless of how it is right now!

yeah i can hear the falsetto thing honestly...i think u should bring the pitch down a tiny bit if ur worried about that and focus on resonance ur voice sounds like how dark resonance and high pitch sounds atm

u literally sound like a cis woman LOL the only thing I'd say is maybe a little strained?? but you've made it 100% :3

also to anyone i criticized pls don't take it as a reason to be miserable it's all advice on how to improve!! all of you have the potential to have adorable voices that pass flawlessly :3

why’d you skip me :(

because you ignore anything i say about your voice and hyperfocus on troll posts :/
you dont actually want advice you're fishing for attention and im not wasting time on that sorry

:( i do genuinely want advice

you dont you literally bdd and vdd post every day in any remotely relevant threads and you ignore the 50 compliments for the one Any Forums poster that says "man lol"
you don't need to work on your voice you need to work on your mental issues sis

Based Soph expert

Thank you. I'm not looking for perfection, I just wanna pass, this is my only outlet for dysphoria so it gets to me a bit too much v-v

Thank you
The problem is that any lower pitch and it starts getting too low... Maybe I need to practice my lower register. Idk. Pain

Perse your voice is less important than your mental well being (not to mention that it already passes), I think hyperfocusing on it isn't healthy... But I don't know what other advice to give because I'm also lost.

you can also always train your range so you can easily access higher registers :3
and yeah it could be not falsetto im just not sure but at least for there's a specific feeling falsetto has when i talk and it's very airy and thin...but I'd say mainly focus ur efforts on resonance :3

>literally sound like a cis woman LOL
it sounds like a tranny voice to me, is that just brainworms?
>maybe a little strained
maybe ig, I tried a little more than usual for the recording and I haven't done any voice exercises in forever

How do I stop sounding so nasally?

I'll post my actual falsetto tomorrow for reference ^^ in a room with people rn so haha

yes it's brainworms tranny voice is almost always a meme in the same vein of "we can always tell" LOL
if your using your voice fulltime any kinks will naturally filter out over time but yeah i get the brainworms thing I've been there :/
the first time i showed anyone my trained voice they thought i was joking because of how vdd i was