Why did steve irwin have to die? did his poo and shit particles manage to enter the stingray's mouth?

why did steve irwin have to die? did his poo and shit particles manage to enter the stingray's mouth?

why does gender matter? does gender even exist in today's society?

does your gender determine if you are a man or woman?

what does it mean when somebody says "i just feel like a woman inside" or "i just want to change my body to reflect the gender that I feel"?

why do transpeople give such vague answers when asked why they transitioned?

Attached: Steve_Irwin.jpg (660x419, 122.04K)

sdeve erwen was a hero

why do cis people ask the same fucking questions every time about our past

because it sounds like theres some sort of dissociation or cognitive dissonance when transpeople are pressured on why exactly they want to do this.

i dont understand what you mean by that
i dont want to give my whole life story to every fucking random person i talk to

thats understandable, i dont go around asking every transperson to explain themselves, but i have had to opportunity to ask these questions to people im close to.

youre right in thinking that it could just be people uncomfortable in sharing these thoughts, but ive never heard an explanation from people i know or anybody online that wasn't vague, subjective, and abstract.

it's hard to explain stuff that only you have experienced to someone who will most likely never understand it
i literally just like estrogen and being perceived as a girl whereas being on testosterone and being perceived as a man makes me depressed and suicidal
i could explain some stuff about my childhood or past interests or whatever the fuck but that's all it boils down to

i have experienced body dysphoria and to an extent gender dysphoria. gender dysphoria is a little hard to understand for me though.

when i was considering transitioning the one thought that was the key deciding factor of whether i'd go through with it was if i would be attractive or if i'd be ugly. it was at that point i realized that this decision was being made purely on my outward appearance and not how i 'felt inside'. how i felt inside was disgusted with myself due to bullying, and i grew up pretending to be a girl online because i didnt have much a social life in real life, so i had more experience in social situations as a girl. (even though it was just my idea of what a girl was and not that i had studied how girls act and what theyre like). i liked finally getting the attention that i could not get as a disgusting man. when i stopped pretending to be a girl online and this attention dissipated, i was lost.

what im trying to get at is i think that there are many other transpeople who make this decision purely on how they want to perceive themselves, when how people perceives themselves is fragile and malleable. you don't treat bulimia by reaffirming these beliefs. you don't treat suicide by reaffirming peoples beliefs that they are useless. you dont treat schizophrenia by reaffirming peoples beliefs that the voices are real. why do we treat body/gender dysphoria by reaffirming peoples beliefs that they should take hormones/srs?

retard
it's not ONLY about what you're perceived as (you seem to have forgot that i included the word "and")
hrt by itself treats dysphoria idk go get ur brainworms dewormed

how does hrt treat dysphoria? and what kind of dysphoria?

do you think that hrt/srs are the be all end all of dysphoria treatment? or do you think it's just a way to get people to stop killing themselves?

are we going to move towards a society where it's seen as normal to ask our children if they want to be a girl or a boy? where it's normal to assume these dysphorias on everybody?

sbeve irpin

no more replies
this is the dissonance
i've asked enough questions that force you to try to come to a realization but you are unable to hold yourself together to answer

realize fucking what?
transitioning made my dysphoria go away
i'm not going to stop hormones just because boomers like you think it's better for society or some shit

what kind of dysphoria?

Why ask? This is why we give vague answers, having to “prove it” to every arsehole that thinks we just have to “learn to love ourselves” is incredibly exhausting. You might be happier if I didn’t transition, but I certainly wouldn’t.

gender dysphoria
it's not even vague answers. it's like, if a fat person doesn't like their body they work out, if a person doesn't like their fashion sense they buy new clothes, if a person doesn't like their name they'll change it. so why wouldn't a person change their gender presentation if it bothers them? it's so straight forward.

its not about proving it. im not saying you wouldn't be happier. i'm not fucking arguing that people shouldn't ever transition. i just want to know what you think.

one person's account of their own experiences isn't even enough to prove anything. i just want to see some sort of attempt to expound your own ideas and to see where they lead you.

why do i think this is important in this situation? because there are many types of dysphorias and identity disorders, but in this case, this is the only acceptable situation where doctors should reaffirm someones beliefs. if transgenderism is a byproduct of a dysphoria of some kind, should we assume that every child needs to make the choice of whether they want to be a boy or a girl? at what point have we stopped caring about the mental wellbeing of transgender people?

>it's not even vague answers. it's like, if a fat person doesn't like their body they work out, if a person doesn't like their fashion sense they buy new clothes, if a person doesn't like their name they'll change it. so why wouldn't a person change their gender presentation if it bothers them? it's so straight forward.

how does transitioning change your gender? or 'gender presentation'?

i believe the definition of gender to be the social characteristics of a person that we attribute to maleness or femaleness. what would changing our physical characteristics affect regarding this?

no self reflection in sight
many such cases
sad
can't ever discuss trans stuff without people going on the defensive thinking people are trying to take your rights away or people are trying to harm trans people or dehumanize them

>without people going on the defensive
god I fucking wonder why
>how does transitioning change your gender?
holy fuck do you even read this shit as you type it?
this isn't even a new thing, you Any Forumstards have been playing the "b-but why take hormones if it's all social" card since day one

>holy fuck do you even read this shit as you type it?
>this isn't even a new thing, you Any Forumstards have been playing the "b-but why take hormones if it's all social" card since day one

this isn't an answer at all.

>god I fucking wonder why
that's the thing. you can wonder why all you want but you will never get anywhere because the identity you've created for yourself is built upon subjectivity and feelings. when anybody tries to apply any logic to it, it falls apart. maybe somebody says something that resonates with you just enough to make you think that you were wrong, but you go back to your feelings and your feelings tell you "well people should be able to express themselves however they want, people should feel comfortable in their body" so you're back to feeling justified.

where did your dysphoria come from? were you born with it?

ive been trying to work my head around this argument.
> it's like, if a fat person doesn't like their body they work out, if a person doesn't like their fashion sense they buy new clothes, if a person doesn't like their name they'll change it. so why wouldn't a person change their gender presentation if it bothers them? it's so straight forward.

just because someone is fat doesn't mean they have dysphoria. dysphoria is an irrational uncomfortability. it's when you look in the mirror and despite there being a normal human being, your brain twists your perceptions and you feel less than human or whatever quality has been ingrained/taught to you. this kind of feeling is not going to just be overcome by changing your physical. that is why your examples don't apply. you can have this feeling and not be fat. you can be one of the most beautiful people in the world but still feel this way.