Does the sexual abuse to lgbt pipeline actually exist?

>be me, tranny
>chatting with a friend
>she tells me about her experiences as a sexual abuse victim and how it affects her today
>everything rings a bell, completely emphasise with it
>suddenly some repressed childhood memories come back
>ohshitnowhatthehellisthis
>mfw i was raped multiple times as a 8 year old and literally forgot about it for over a decade
what the hell, i hate this. not only have i now weird flashbacks, panic attacks and disassociative fuckery, i suddenly started to question my own identity. might these stories about sexual abuse turning you gay or a troon actually be true? did my mind made me trans as some sort of defense mechanism and now my whole identity is a giant cope?

Attached: 5C41AD53-4402-45CF-AFB7-260754C4DEE3.jpg (362x480, 26.97K)

Firstly, I'm sorry you're going through this, please seek therapy. Secondly, it's very, very unlikely sexual abuse made you trans. Unfortunately, 1 in 20 boys and 1 in 5 girls are victims of child sexual abuse BUT the vast majority of them do not grow up to be trans. Considering how high those rates are, it's no surprise that there's trans people who were coincidentally also abused. Remember there's also plenty of people who transition without ever experience sexual abuse.

Yes 100% what are you gonna do about it?

I'm mtf and I used to have recurring nightmares about being raped by an adult woman as a little boy.
B-but it didn't actually happen, right? It was just a bad dream that I kept seeing over and over, right?

Anyway, to answer your question, I think usually there are many layers to this sort of thing. A defence mechanism may have worsened your dysphoria, but if transitioning feels right for you then that's what matters.

can therapy actually help with stuff like that? i’ve kinda lost my faith in therapists, since ive been in therapy multiple times in my life, but this trauma apparently went completely under the radar. wouldn’t it be transparent to a therapist that something like that is going on with a person?

>wouldn’t it be transparent to a therapist that something like that is going on with a person?
I honestly don't know. They only know what you tell them, and if it's something that's deeply buried and obscured by other issues, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't pick up on it.
>can therapy actually help with stuff like that?
Of course, but sometimes it takes a couple tries to find a good one that clicks with you. It wouldn't hurt to try therapy again with the specific purpose of resolving this trauma.

you might be right. it’s been almost four months since i discovered it and i haven’t gotten even a little bit better, it doesn’t hurt to try. i might have some weird rapid onset ptsd

It happened to me but I seriously never become trans I just panic all the time that I am transgender jack off to thoughts but there is basically nothing that would get me to be transgender or take hormones honestly. Most of the time I am also fairly confident and happy as a man I am a human not some kind of weird monster I am always myself really.

im not sure i understand completely. you have a history of sexual abuse and have doubts about your gender identity?

When I really think about it, it all adds up. The times coincide oh so perfectly.
Now i'm just miserable because of my father and a hikki gay loser.
Thanks OP, now I feel like dying again.

false memories

i really hope you’re joking and i didn’t accidentally opened pandora’s box for you

I'm not, my dad was schizo with some sort of repressed homosexuality and would often accuse me of abusing my little brother when i was 14-15 and would wake me up and undress me in the middle of the night, claim that i was molesting my brother.
He went as far as touching me there and calling my mother, telling her that I had sperm there and had just done something while grabbing my balls.
Eventually he tried to kill me and I literally never recovered.

Attached: gnu_lain.jpg (930x700, 165.27K)

That's putting it presumptively. It is more like I have obsessive thoughts and lots of pain but gender identity is kind of a silly academic idea.

im so sorry that something horrible like that happened to you :( how old are you now?

I'm 25 and life is horrible. It really doesn't get better and nobody will be there to help you in most cases, I am one of many such cases.

i really hope you’ll find some peace someday, user. im really pessimistic as well right now, i can’t really imagine getting better now that all this has been dumped on me. i think im gonna try searching for an therapist tomorrow, but i don’t think it’ll actually help me

Thanks user, I hope you can find that which I couldn't.

Attached: akarin_peace.png (364x676, 238.19K)

>might these stories about sexual abuse turning you gay or a troon actually be true?
No, being gay is something you're born with, there's less evidence about AGP but the AGP researchers seem to think that it's innate too.
The correlation between being LGBT and being abused is real, but the causation goes the other way: gay boys are often feminine and AGP kids are often autistic, and both of these make you an easy target for abuse.

What a beta

Damn that sucks
Every single lgbt person I’ve met and befriended hasn’t had trauma as a youth. I say that I’m a happy, well adjusted lgbt person and I’m told “no you’re not, your parents raped you right before your memory capabilities developed sometime between the ages of 2-3, then it stopped and never occurred again” or some schizo larp along those lines pretty much

the reverse causation does make sense, i guess that can calm me down a bit. i always thought i was androphilic asexual, but now i think the asexual part has always been just repressed trauma, so im having kind of an identity crisis lol

Lol same, i was afraid of talking to women bc i thought they would rape me. I was never molested from what i remember tho

yeah, that stereotype is really widespread, that’s where i probably got these brainworms in the first place lol. i always thought it was bullshit, but i guess it can be kinda hard to completely get rid of these ideas, when you hear them constantly.

>no you’re not, your parents raped you right before your memory capabilities developed sometime between the ages of 2-3, then it stopped and never occurred again
Yeah, this one. I had this brainworm too. It is very insidious. Like a meme virus which makes you gaslight yourself
Maybe being chronically alone and repressed was not so bad. At least I was not abused lol