I seriously don't understand how Lia Thomas has had such unprecendented success...

I seriously don't understand how Lia Thomas has had such unprecendented success. Don't most transwomen who are on HRT for over year have lower T than cis women? How can her wins be by such a large margin when trans women in other sports don't show nearly as much success.

I get the bonepill and all that is significant, but building and maintaining her muscle should be so challenging that would at the very least make her more akin to cis women in physical ability I'd think.

It just baffles me. What baffles me even more is how dedicated she continues to be. I'd say I admire it if it wasn't such a disaster for trans rights and creating any sympathy.

Attached: lia-thomas.jpg (1200x675, 142.49K)

Idk HRT made me weaker personally but I still would never compete in sports with them even with a smaller frame than that person

AFAIK muscle doesn't degenerate significantlh unless you have a low protein diet

Swimmimg is ine of those sports where bones/height and shoulder width are super important and she lucked out in that department

>talking about something I don’t understand
It’s my understanding that it’s much easier to become stronger on male hormones, and that while female hormones can make further growth harder, if you continue to maintain a rigorous exercise routine it’s not like literally all of the advantage you gained is just going to turn to jelly and fall off.

Won by one second and has lost other competitions to women. A flavor of the week nonstory

>What baffles me even more is how dedicated she continues to be. I'd say I admire it if it wasn't such a disaster for trans rights and creating any sympathy.
I wonder if she knows? I see it in the news but try to ignore.

Isn’t a second a lot in these sorts of things?

There's no way she isn't aware. I'm sure that her reasoning is to keep her chin up and not let transphobes stop her. Which is the rational mindset for someone in her place to take to keep doing what you enjoy.

But man does it suck so fucking hard for the rest of us, and is undoubtedly going to be fueling anti-trans legislation for years. Guess there is no self-awareness in that regard, just how impactful her life is in the worst way possible.

I wonder if she'll ever find a t4t transbian wife, I mean that's her only option

I think the only reason it’s a disaster is because no one follows swimming and has no context for what a nothingburger win this is. I mean fuck 20 odd seconds over the record and the cis girls whining about it’s not fair. Wake me up when the top 10 is all trannies.

Lmao mistyped 2 it was 2 seconds. Still though that’s like, an eternity in swim times, just like such a huge window we know is possible for cis women to get into and none of them managed.

Yeah lol these tranny swimmers am I right
Pic unrelated, this is Katie Ledecky, a cis woman

Attached: BE5B551B-AC31-49EB-9D75-6AF97ACD57F4.jpg (1125x760, 765.43K)

Men also have bigger hearts/lungs than women. As well as naturally faster reaction speed and various other advantages. Does hormone therapy shrink your heart/lung and remove your reaction speed?

holy fucking chadette user

swimming is very bone dependent, more so than other sports

Bro she's fucking huge. Long limbs plus massive lungs. How tall?

>reaction speed
This is biochemical, so ofc?
>lung capacity
If you take HRT early enough, yeah. Bones don't stop growing until your 20s. Me and every troon I've known has a chest volume far closer toa cis woman than a man.

I don’t wish her ill but she’s being a bit selfish guess that’s the rule to success

HRT doesn't shrink your arms and legs, which are big factors in swimming

Or remember that trans powerlifter in the olympics? People making fun of her when she literally looked like a female powerlifter, that's what they all ook like